• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

A fine choice, I toyed with the idea of Pikachu on the center console! I also have a Domo Kun plushie on the backseat that my girlfriend handmade for the car, I'm sorely tempted to get all my favourite characters as plushies. Let's see how many people call my car a chav wagon when I have Domo, Yoda, Alien, Enterprise, Boba Fett and Pacman chilling in the back.

I found my car irritating to drive with the open cone, the noise however was superb. It's personal preference, I like the box better. Can you even hear it over that exhaust? Honda-howl FTW.

Oh yea, as soon as the vtec takes over the thing sounds like its taking off haha. Yea im very proud of my Pikachu :)

Just had another cheque from the taxman, it turns out that they have no idea what they are doing and have been over-taxing me for years.

It's been spent already on new brembo slotted discs and pads, a new stereo facia, gearstick gaitor, hel braided lines and a tegiwa brake stopper. So the car will be off to the garage soon to have all the brake parts fitted, and I'll start the console painting as soon as I get a dry day.

The taxman and I have a very complex relationship, I really haven't come to terms with any of the feelings involved....

Yep, lol. As it turns out, the only way I can save money is by being overtaxed....

Awesome buddeh! Think you'll have them in time for the meet? Did you go for bronze? What size? Can't wait to see it!

Yep, lol. As it turns out, the only way I can save money is by being overtaxed....

Awesome buddeh! Think you'll have them in time for the meet? Did you go for bronze? What size? Can't wait to see it!

Well that is one way to save money! :D

Yeah ordered them in bronze, just the same as the originals, 17" by 7.5" with the standard offset of ET45, one of my other friends up here ordered them in black but they came home in bronze, upon opening them his first thought was 'oh Matt is going to hate me!' he was correct! But they will be home on tues, or wed, as will my exhaust.

Just need to find 300 quid now for my coilies, so if anyone has it it would be much appreciated! :D

DAM DAM DAM DAM! they didnt have them in bronze so I ordered them in gun metal grey with the polished lip, well wasnt me it was the gf that insisted i had to get them!

On the exhaust niote she is sweeeeeeeet! loving the after burn! as you probably noticed on the texts the other night! :D but thought I would add the comment on here with the m2 and sportex back, cheap way of doing it but sounds the t*ts!

I do like to see a polished lip, I think it makes the wheel look a bit deeper. I guess your friend with the bronze ones doesn't fancy a swap?

Yeah, I love the sound of that exhaust combo. How fricking magnificent is the overrun burble?! It gets tiring on long journeys though, I drove to Glasgow without the bung and my ears were ringing for the rest of the day. With the bung it's fine, I've been to Manchester and back with no problems.

We need to get some photos while you're down this way, I know a couple of good spots.

Just booked the car into a garage on the 21st to have discs, pads and lines fitted. I'll get the brake stopper on whenever I get a free hour. That lot should make a difference!

I've started the Tsukamaki (katana style handle wrap) on the door handles. It's taking a lot of time and effort, but I think it's going to turn out magnificently.

The new door pulls are finished and on the car. I like them.

This is during the wrapping process. You can see the edges needed cut out to allow for the extra width of the material, double sided sticky tape was used to hold it in place.

Here's a sneak peek at the console, it's not finished yet, and the camera really doesn't capture the colours well. It looks MUCH better in the flesh, I promise!
The plating is all spray painted, and the stitches are all hand painted.

Door handle inserts look good, although the only downside is that you can see where you've used a small screwdriver to remove them. A* for effort though.

Door handle inserts look good, although the only downside is that you can see where you've used a small screwdriver to remove them. A* for effort though.

Cheers bud, I'm stoked on how the handles turned out, they fit into the interior so well they look OEMish. The screwdriver marks are from a previous owner!

Not too hard to do, just time consuming! I was kind of fun actually, wouldn't mind doing a few more and perfecting the technique.

The console is back in now, I'm really liking it. Not quite as garish as the old theme, but still something unusual.

I was having trouble getting a good photo, tried three different cameras in the end. Gopro came out best, so fisheye FTW.

Nice car man!

sorry to be a pain (especially as this is my first ever post!)
Would you mind posting a pic of how the M2 exhaust looks?

im tempted to buy one but havent seen a good enough angled pic to tempt me further!

I will have to get a thread started for my EP3!

Back