• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

I haven't driven in any car parks yet but I'm expecting to be able to play the car park alarm game :lol: Only issue is that around here the car parks have really steep up and down ramps and the OEM b-pipe scraped so I probably will never park in a Sussex multi-storey ever again. Ikea car park after a Wembley meet however.... :twisted:

I went out for a drive on Tuesday night and the other half was at home, and she heard my final vtec jaunt on the country lane heading towards mine before you hit the village. Just under a mile away. *hysterics*

Wanted to ask actually man; how's the J's like for clearance - how low is your car again?

My FEEL's fits perfect, but I'm like -65mm, so it's hairy stuff over pebbles let alone speed-humps over here (as my thread pic suggests) :lol:

Seriously though, what I seemed to have gained in fitment is lost in ride height and girth of the b-pipe.. it's all good though..

The J's sounds very nice, I'm looking forward to hearing it - we shall have mad fun when we convoy up to JAE - I want rolling shots and vids of my motor - please oblige, and I'll grab some of yours in return :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Clearance wise it looks as though it actually sits higher up and closer to the chassis underside, but obviously being a 70mm pipe I'd expect it to sit lower than standard, or potentially the same distance from the floor/ road seeing as it's higher up. Should have measured before and after to be sure. Although when I eventually get the J's exhaust hangers it may drop a few mm as they're slightly longer IIRC..? As the "backbox" for want of a better word sits too close to the bumper for my liking (hence no pictures yet) so want to drop it down slightly.

I'm currently -45mm all round, but want to raise the rear by 5/10mm then drop the front as the negative rake seems to upset people. :lol:

Edit: And of course my good man; rolling shots and videos are a must!

Are you really set-up reverse rake?

Cool - that's all a bit technical regarding how low or high it sits - you kinda lost me, still I hope it sits a whole lot better than the OEM set-up; not about dinging that.

I get you on the back-box, surely with it being a 'dolphin' tip, it should be alright - I thought that was the whole purpose of 'dolphin' tips, channel heat/flames away from the body work.

What's next?.. you need to get some wheels.. them purples and that are unique, but this car needs something hype IMO. Don't take that the wrong way though :)

I might get a sticker made up for the lolz :p

Here you go, sums it up nicely

a962fa30.jpg

Cars looking good Karl!

Need to sort out another wembley meet so i can hear this bad boy. Great results with the mapping mate. Romain set my TEC at 4800rpm to. Im going there soon to get a tweak done in my map.

Im with Hype writer on this one. Loose them wheels for something more serious :cool:

Are you really set-up reverse rake?

Cool - that's all a bit technical regarding how low or high it sits - you kinda lost me, still I hope it sits a whole lot better than the OEM set-up; not about dinging that.

I get you on the back-box, surely with it being a 'dolphin' tip, it should be alright - I thought that was the whole purpose of 'dolphin' tips, channel heat/flames away from the body work.

What's next?.. you need to get some wheels.. them purples and that are unique, but this car needs something hype IMO. Don't take that the wrong way though :)

Sun, not taken the wrong way in the slightest mate, as I completely agree with you. Yes, the purple and pink OEM's bring some much likened attention to the car, but, at the end of the day, they are OEMs, and I feel my build and the parts elsewhere have outgrown them. So fresh wheels would be very much a next step, money dependant. The only downside of this is I don't like 98% of the wheels available on the market. I'm sure there must be others but looking through Touge (seeing as they have over 100 options), I only like Volk TE37's and Advan RZ's. :?

Now my (small) issues with these are:

The Volks, are they too common/ played out? They seem to be the wheel of choice for alot of people, so will I just be seen as a sheep? How do I keep them my own? Only thing I can think of is getting a custom colour. That, and I hate the way they look flat faced, so I'd need to buy them super wide to be able to have them concaved, and thus, will require arch work on the rear (perhaps). J's Racing fenders would take care of the fronts I'd expect (which also adds to the cost of the purchase, as these would need to be paid for and shipped at the same time).

The Advans - sex. But, you have them. Now I'm not afraid of buying something that somebody else owns, yet the vast majority of my car is unique (apart from generic J's struts I guess lol); and seeing as I know you, I'm worrisome of how you would feel with me "copying" you. And they look so damn good on your car, would I be able to pull them off as well?

In regards to the exhaust, yes the idea of the dolphin tip is that, but it is tucked up so high that the top of the exit pipe is only 6/7mm away from the bumper (perhaps this is due to the exit pipe being 80mm instead of 70mm as in previous versions of the RR). But I'll see what happens when I swap the hangers over. :)

Regarding rake, I got the guys to make sure the arches were the same distance from the ground front and back; and for the most part, I don't think I have reverse rake. Just from certain angles, especially on my drive, the rear looks about 15mm lower/ closer to the tyre than the fronts.

Cars looking good Karl!

Need to sort out another wembley meet so i can hear this bad boy. Great results with the mapping mate. Romain set my TEC at 4800rpm to. Im going there soon to get a tweak done in my map.

Im with Hype writer on this one. Loose them wheels for something more serious :cool:

Cheers Bud, yes, another Wembley meet would be absolutely spiffing!

So what kind of tweeks are you hoping for? Details.

See above, Re wheels. :cool:

Oh yes, what new system are you running/ hoping to be running? As saw you were selling a few bits and was hoping for a quieter system.

Just remember no drunken engine revving at JAE. Everyone will know it's you by the sound!!!

Mate, there are loads of awesome wheels out there. :cool: Weds, Advan, Enkei, BBS, RAYS (And all their brands)...

Don't you like Weds SA-55M? They're similar to RZ's - TC105N's are sick too.

I'm not a fan of TE37's on anything but the big Japanese Coupe's - I'm mainly referring to S15's, RX7's, Skyline's etc. etc. The exception being EK's/EJ's.

They're pimp wheels though - and are only offered in concaved faces on 9J's = 9" wide wheels...

I wouldn't think anything of it, if you got the ADVAN RZ's mate :)

Sun, if you've got room/clearance in your car I don't mind not taking my car to JAE and could jump in with you. Could get some moving shots/video of Nymph's car on the way to the services then jump in with him to do the same on the way from there.

The only issue is the best camera I have is on my iPhone.

Sun, if you've got room/clearance in your car I don't mind not taking my car to JAE and could jump in with you. Could get some moving shots/video of Nymph's car on the way to the services then jump in with him to do the same on the way from there.

I really don't mind dude :) if we're good for space in one Civic, we can take mine I really have ^no probs with that :)

Choice is yours, but space dependant you're more than welcome to jump in with me. Can leave your motor at mine, or I can collect you locally :)

Id be on iPhone too TBH. Lol!

Blame Suits, he has history!!

Yeah that was funny, bouncing my Gruppe 'M, TODA and RM01A of the limiter at night.

Not everyone found it funny though.

I was fcuked by the way. I've been drunk before, but that was seriously drunk.

Yeah that was funny, bouncing my Gruppe 'M, TODA and RM01A of the limiter at night.

"What reading did we get?"

Pissed as farts! :lol:

Cheers Bud, yes, another Wembley meet would be absolutely spiffing!

So what kind of tweeks are you hoping for? Details.

See above, Re wheels. :cool:

Oh yes, what new system are you running/ hoping to be running? As saw you were selling a few bits and was hoping for a quieter system.

Well i changed to OEM back box and unslienced bpipe and it sounded abousltly *****!!! Just went out and bought another DC system:rolleyes: .I did want a toda system but im low on cash but had to settle.

Well as for tweaks i also replaced by DC sports manifold with a brand new one so i literally have a fresh system from top to bottom so i recon i could get more power. Also had valve clearences done, fuel filter changed and cleanded out my Gruppe M (was clogged!!). Also went to TGM to find my thorttle body gasket was leaking soo I recon theres room for another 5bhp peak and maybe some more in the mid range :) Power seems to feel quite flat around 7k onwards so we see what romain can do

Id be on iPhone too TBH. Lol!

I'm cool with this idea by the way guys (so long as R210... Oh no, wait :lol: isn't any bigger than a 34/36" waist for the Bride). I've got a Sony NEX-5 that's 14mp and captures 1080p video that I can give you a quick run down on how to use. :cool: It's very easy.

Well, I may hand you my keys for the lolz :lol:

Well i changed to OEM back box and unslienced bpipe and it sounded abousltly *****!!! Just went out and bought another DC system:rolleyes: .I did want a toda system but im low on cash but had to settle.

Well as for tweaks i also replaced by DC sports manifold with a brand new one so i literally have a fresh system from top to bottom so i recon i could get more power. Also had valve clearences done, fuel filter changed and cleanded out my Gruppe M (was clogged!!). Also went to TGM to find my thorttle body gasket was leaking soo I recon theres room for another 5bhp peak and maybe some more in the mid range :) Power seems to feel quite flat around 7k onwards so we see what romain can do

Well I'm sure Romain can provide you with something :) Even it's a hp or two, it should at least rectify the flat spot above 7k.

And good that there's an honest opinion on the unsilenced b-pipe and OEM back box, as when I was getting bored waiting for the RR I was going to opt for that as an interim option. Glad I decided against it now.

Back