• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

Not suggesting that Karl be one, but this sh!t kicked off on the 'Ring trip, where laps were done.. hence the 2 + 2 questions..

As far as I'm aware the engine is still ok, nothing feels out of the ordinary; yet. Am very much hoping that nothing has been damaged, but Romain said that running the car for such a short period of time shouldn't have caused anything.

Edit - after seeing RM CYA's post.

The EML came on on the train heading in to France prior to the trip, I kept it out of vtec for about 90 minutes to 2 hours wondering why it was there. It disappeared then came back, but the car seemed to drive the same. Obviously not having a laptop with software etc available I wasn't able to know what the issue was. So I just drove the car as normal for the trip, and then got it seen to as soon as I returned to the UK. Best I could have done considering. It only started failing to engage vtec the day before I took it to Romain (after only having driven it once after the trip).

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I'm aware the engine is still ok, nothing feels out of the ordinary; yet. Am very much hoping that nothing has been damaged, but Romain said that running the car for such a short period of time shouldn't have caused anything.

Edit - after seeing RM CYA's post.

The EML came on on the train heading in to France prior to the trip, I kept it out of vtec for about 90 minutes to 2 hours wondering why it was there. It disappeared then came back, but the car seemed to drive the same. Obviously not having a laptop with software etc available I wasn't able to know what the issue was. So I just drove the car as normal for the trip, and then got it seen to as soon as I returned to the UK. Best I could have done considering. It only started failing to engage vtec the day before I took it to Romain (after only having driven it once after the trip).

How many miles on the car since it was mapped at srr prior to the ring trip?

I drove it from SSR to Nando's, home, then used it two or three times afterward prior to the trip. So maybe 120 to 150 miles. Plus the drive from home to Folkstone before the light came on, so maximum of 220; but likely to be under 200 miles.

From the maps, looks like WOT there is no issue with the A/F ratio on Mase's map. It isn't running lean there.

I'm sure it's the part throttle map which must have been running lean, to cause Karls issue - even worse scenario as you are on part throttle everywhere basically.

So much for the +15whp result!

Has this thread had posts deleted (cleaned) as it's a bit hard and random to read, it just seems to be Sun and Turbo Turbett talking in runes mostly :? .

Sounds like It's sorted now though Karl :D .

Well done to Romain for sorting it out :) .

I'd speak to Steve, he's a sound enough guy as you well know.

Has this thread had posts deleted (cleaned) as it's a bit hard and random to read, it just seems to be Sun and Turbo Turbett talking in runes mostly :? .
Don't think it has, this is how they roll, I believe it is 'college' talk - Some college etc

No posts deleted Nick unfortunately. As Dotty said, that's just how it reads.

No posts deleted Nick unfortunately. As Dotty said, that's just how it reads.

G2Glol.jpg

So for the uninitiated, who knows nor cares about these tuning maps, or these mysterious single named automotive cartographers, would anyone care to explain in non-scenester chat what the hell this is all about?

I know MASE is some dude that is so awesome and American that it is necessary to upper-case the **** out of his name, and that he has a revolutionary themed nemesis in the guise of this cheese endangerer chap Romain, but why the bad blood?

Were Romain's family Nazi sympathisers in dubyadubya 2 and MASE's Grandfather killed by a Jerry bayonet in war torn France or what?

DON'T GET IT.

The basics -

Karl got mapped by Romain. Happy with map.
Karl then got mapped by MASE. 15+whp. Happy with map.
Karls car got EML on and didn't go into vtec with MASE map.
Karl went to Romain > MASE map was too lean.
Romain mapped again, Karl is happy with the map (I think?). Car fixed.
+15whp was not evident.

Thanks.

Unless I'm wrong though, there seems to be some kind of underlying deeper issue with this MASE chap. That goes far and beyond old Karlos's tune.

I was wondering WTF that was all about if, as this thread states, previously there have been no reported issues with MASE maps.

Genuine question, not trolling. I'm just wondering WTF it's all about.

You're not wrong. I don't know the history but from what I can see there are those who doubt MASE's abilities.

I've never believed the power increases over other tuners. Tuning isn't witchcraft.

However that's no ones problem but mine. This is a public forum, so will give my opinion. Other people can make their own minds up with the facts & figures provided in this thread.

Back