• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

What an incredible spec list and an incredible car. Oh if I only had the money!!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami.

What an incredible spec list and an incredible car. Oh if I only had the money!!

Go on, ask Karl (Tarmac) how much money you'd need, I dare you :lol: It will literally make you cry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the car, modifications and upkeep (not including insurance or road tax) over five years then yes. Just for the modifications (seeing as most would already have a base car) would be (roughly due to fluctuating Yen/Sterling exchange rates) around £35k. Can't actually remember the breakdown of expenditure so might be more. If someone were to do it again then it might be nearer £40k these days as the Yen is stronger now than it was when I had this.

They are crazy figures but something I'd definitely do if I had the disposable income etc. Shame you had to get rid

Sadly, yes.

Apparently it was a bad idea to try and attach a baby seat to the harness bar/ strut bars and it was costing me too much to keep on the road. When in fact our child very rarely doesn't get driven around in the wife's car and what I replaced this with has actually cost me three times as much to keep (servicing/ replacing broken bits/ etc..).

Damn! Seems I'm lucky that my Mrs A) likes cars and B) drives the family 307 sw. I do allow her the odd blast in my car just to keep her sweet haha

Wow, just read this thread (well some of it) that car looked crazy, almost as crazy as you for spending that much on a motor! Ha ha, good on ya, looks and sounded great and certainly gave a lot of other people some good fun just following the journey!

It also gave the majority of people who were anywhere near it, hearing loss issues:lol:

Fourth anniversary of mistakenly getting rid of this...

wv481.jpg

Yeah it's not that far from me; about 30 miles 'up the road' in Crawley. It's been re-modified to his tastes (sold to him completely OEM).

As for the parts, I have records of who I sold them to (real name, forum, respective username) and their locations, but the likelihood of that information still being accurate is slim.

Having read through the bigger part of this thread, I must say it's high time you get back in an EP3, Karl. Maybe not go so crazy this time, because you have already proven yourself, but I could really feel your pain at, and since the sale. Since EP3s are relatively cheap now, you could get back in the Type R fold on a reasonable budget ;)

Not going crazy just isn't in my nature Vitka! :lol:

Have a look at the EP3's replacement (Volvo V50) thread; I just can't help myself.

So I could never buy another EP3 as it will never live up to what I had with this car. As the amount of expendable income has diminished greatly over the years; lower paid job, more debt, two children, bigger house, bigger bills, etc. Apparently "growing up" means having much less fun in life as there just isn't any money or time left for yourself.

Well, if this is what we consider growing up, than I can say, that it is still yet to come for me. Of course I understand what you mean, there is a point in life, after which focus slowly passes from us to our little ones, and their needs. However, since this whole thing is ahead of me, I don't know what it's like, but I have a few things in my life, which I want to stay, no matter what end. It would put a smile on my face, if I ever saw you back in an EP3 again. To me it wouldn't be a cheap imitation of what you had, rather honoring the labour of love and insanity, that once was.

And before I get even more sentimental, I did take a look at Carrie, before I wrote my previous comment. She's coming togeather nicely, but I didn't understand the logic behind modding a family hauler so much :lol:

She's coming togeather nicely, but I didn't understand the logic behind modding a family hauler so much

If by nicely, you mean "slow motion train crash". Don't you go bringing logic into it, this is no place for that sort of talk :lol:

Back