• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

Yeah.... Look sick still. A few people have got these now - makes me miss the old EP:
a59a68fa.jpg
:( - Fenders BTW. I was looking for a Facelift JDM - hardtofindrecords.com though.

Just import one then. :lol:

And Ed, for the foreseeable future these are the final piece of the puzzle because the better half and myself are getting our first house together so I'm sure it'll be a monetary black hole. If and when I have any expendable income, I have plenty more I can do! :twisted:

They look very nice mate.
Can you not cut a hole in the OEM liners to allow some of the heat to escape & make them functional?

K20 FTW.. Contents now with links. Pg 157, 6 month secret revealed.

Wings. Definitely wings.

No usdm here.

Just import one then. :lol:

And Ed, for the foreseeable future these are the final piece of the puzzle because the better half and myself are getting our first house together so I'm sure it'll be a monetary black hole. If and when I have any expendable income, I have plenty more I can do! :twisted:

Yeah pay twice the price literally of a UK prem for almost the same car. Ha ha.

Oh and get some better pics man, panned out :)

Last edited by a moderator:
More power and a LSD fitted though? That, and the paint. Not sure that makes it worth twice the price though. :lol:

More pictures when I eventually get the ride height, etc sorted again (booked in for this Saturday).

Well it has taken me a while to update this again, but have been busy; so busy in fact that I haven't even had time to get the new backbox decibel tested to be sure that it's quiet enough to get on track for Spa in 2 weeks time. Although I have booked a half day holiday for next Wednesday to get this part done as I literally cannot fit it in any sooner. That being said, the guy at Solid Fabrications (where this was made) had a reader (but he was unsure of the accuracy) and it stated 100dB without the bung he made and 92dB with.

A bit of background; originally I wanted a silencer fitted to my older 70RR but due to the shallow bends on the J's Racing back section this was not possible as the silencer would have been at the wrong angle/ wouldn't have fitted. So, he had to custom fabricate a whole new flangeless backbox to mate up to the b-pipe section of the 70RR. Meaning I now have THREE exhausts! :? Oh well... :lol:

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

Yes, the car is filthy, and yes, bits are rusty; but who's 9 year old car isn't? :lol:

In terms of the silencer, it was literally the biggest he had available, and it just fit. Barely 5mm away from the rear skirt on the right side and as close as he could get it to the rear axle (exhaust bends allowing). The pipe before and after the silencer is 3", so 6mm larger than the 70RR, but everything fits etc.

In terms of the sound, it sounds like a raspy OEM exhaust at high RPM, and a little bassier at low revs; which is fine, but completely different to what I'm used to. Time will tell what it turns out like after I've got more miles in with it on.

I could, but it'd be completely useless to all and sundry! :lol: As the two 70RR's are flangeless, meaning they won't fit any b-pipe on the market unless someone purchased a 70RR centre section from Japan or had a 70mm b-pipe custom made without a flange.

Wow, dropped to page 10 on the search results. :lol:

Not that I have anything exciting to report really, just thought I'd update those that knew about what happened after Spa in April.

Essentially it was a fantastic trip and I am massively happy that I managed to get on track this year thanks to the new exhaust, probably the best days driving I've had in the EP3 and it made me realise just how far I could push it before it actually gave way. That, and realising that lift-off oversteer is actually a real thing and teaching yourself to remain committed is the best way forward. Such a fun experience.

Yet, after my day at Spa, things weren't well with the car, with a seemingly endless array of issues. So I limped home and the car sat on the driveway for over 2 months until I had completed my house move etc and had the time to get it seen to.

Well, that time has been and gone, and it seems my fears of blown diffs/ clutches/ steering racks were just that, fears. Turns out that a bolt holding the front lower swingarm had been knocked loose; explaining the vibration under hard acceleration/ braking, off-key steering feel etc. So needless to say I am happy as I had prepared myself for a multi hundred pound bill when all I needed was a few bolts tightening and a new geometry setup.

Car is now back on the road; until I break something else. :lol:

Edit:

Hey Nick! Seems you bumped my thread whilst I was writing my reply. Strangely I have been looking at 370Z's, and insurance wise they are half the price of what I have to pay for the Civic... :? Pipe dream at the moment, although perhaps the only thing holding me back is the fear/ heart-wrenching feeling I'd endure stripping and selling up...

Lol, I know mate, I clocked your insurance post on another thread :lol: .

Stripping and selling is the biggest ass ache in the world.

Buts it's well worth it when it's done.

I'm currently looking at Gruppe 'M's for mine :p !!!!

Yes I spotted that, and the picture; my god it's a good looking piece of kit! *salivates*

Then will come the exhaust. Then the decat and map fiddle. Then the "oh fvck, here we go again" self talk. :lol:

A lot of time, money and effort gone into this so you may as well enjoy it.

In for seats when you do split though ;-)

Back