• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

Hey Sunny, long time no see!

Yes, tis a sad day with it all coming to an end. You can empathise as you went through it too.

What are you driving these days? I saw somewhere that you've recently bought a house etc.

Hey Sunny, long time no see!

Yes, tis a sad day with it all coming to an end. You can empathise as you went through it too.

What are you driving these days? I saw somewhere that you've recently bought a house etc.

Yeah, at the time... it was tough. Looking back at it now (EP3), it was a phase that I'm glad I experienced but ultimately passed through and left behind. I'm typing this from my work PC so you'll have to forgive the wall of words - it's either this or horrendously presented paragraphs; we are running some old software at work LOL - but yeah, I have bought my own place. I flirted with an investment property for a while and even saw the bottom fall-out (at the 11th hour, no less :evil: ) of a flat I was due to purchase, but eventually decided on a nice 3-bed extended-semi local to where I work and my daughters school - it's considered OFSTED outstanding so we wanted to ensure that we remained in the catchment area so that my little boy could also get a place in a few years. What am I driving? An Almera, the Almera that I have owned since 2007. It's reliable, has 5 doors and has been good for tending to the buggies and kids, sparing the interior of my Honda's over the years. If the new Type-R is remotely like the concept and less than £30k, I'll be pushing for it *fingers crossed* - we should be through the buggy, bottle, and car-seat phase by then!

Ah yes, I remember the Almera being parked up outside when we returned from JAE I believe. At least you're at ease with playing the "sensible" card whilst the children are small. New Type R does look fantastic, but as you said in the thread, if it's aiming to compete with Golf R's and Focus RS' then it is likely to be pretty darned expensive.

Ah yes, I remember the Almera being parked up outside when we returned from JAE I believe. At least you're at ease with playing the "sensible" card whilst the children are small. New Type R does look fantastic, but as you said in the thread, if it's aiming to compete with Golf R's and Focus RS' then it is likely to be pretty darned expensive.

Well... at first I found it tough coming to terms with driving a yoghurt pot. After a while though, the luxury of having £4-500 extra a month (because that's how much I was spending on modifications, petrol, etc.) and general lack of involvement with Honda's just saw my interests naturally change. It was an opportune moment to concentrate on the family/house and ride out that period with a car costing me next to nothing, and giving me nothing to worry about (parking/routes/car-parks/vandals/thieves etc). I've been doing that for about 2ish+ years now and the positives have far greatly outweighed the negatives. If there is a possibilty that I get the 2015 CTR - I'd consider that as things working out perfectly. Indeed, I have my reservations on the price of it though.

Karl,

I may have missed this on your sale thread but i always thought you needed an aftermarket thermostat to work with the J's low temp switch?

Nope, the temp switch just tells the fan to come in sooner and keep the average engine temperature 5-8 degrees lower than the OEM setting.

Hey mate im looking to buy the mugen adjustable spoiler for my 03 ep3 type r. I heard that you once owned one. I was wondering where i could purchase one and for how much, aswell as how the fitment works out too. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're after a genuine one then your best bet is to send Matt at Injection Imports (find them on facebook) an email as you'll have to import direct from Japan. You probably wouldn't see much change from £1,000 though, and that's a damned good price.

Fitment wise, it's perfect. Just as good if not better than OEM.

Ok thanks man. Yeah there well worth it, still pricey but what can you do haha. What about the mugen grill? How do they fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never owned the grill as wasn't that fussed about how it looked, but others have stated that fitment is good so long as you manage to line it up with the bumper and slam panel properly.

And that's the end of that.

19/04/2009 to 29/06/2014.

Couldn't even take a picture of it driving away. Onward to your new home.

Back