• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Leooo's Milano Premmmmmm... Nicely Sized Update Page 5

Thanks for you comments guys, can't wait to get the gun metal rota torques n red nuts. I had a cosmic 05 plate before this and loved it to pieces! Jase87 has it now..

Ok all, So I finally plucked up the courage (and dusted off my wallet) and got my brakes fitted. Had a huge amount of problems with it but go there in the end! I couldnt get the standard wheels to fit with the spacers I bought with the kit so I decided the time is right (with a great excuse) to buy some Rotas. Went with the Torques and wasnt sure on a colour, I know Buds looks lovely with Grey but didnt want the same, wasnt keen on black - not that it mattered because they only had white in the offset and size that I wanted. Typical. Anyway, had them delivered and wopah! They fitted - and they STILL needed the spacers. The spacers have meant that the wheel sits further out but I think it looks great. Ive started bedding them in but the results are fantastic. I went for Brembo DC5 calipers, S2000 grooved discs, Motul 5.1 brake fluid, good ridge hoses all round and the obvious ferodo pads. I painted the calipers myself :D Heres some piccis.

34xjf9l.jpg

11iiphu.jpg

2r73mn8.jpg

2rh4j2s.jpg

Enjoy.

I love the Brembo's, I've been thinking about fitting some on my FN2, what issues did you have with the spacers?

I love the Brembo's, I've been thinking about fitting some on my FN2, what issues did you have with the spacers?

The spacers I bought didn't fit the standard wheels. They fitted on the car but the centre of the space was too big at 67mm for the standard wheels which needed a 64mm spacer which I didn't have! They were hard to get hold of too. Eibach do them and now I think europerformance.co.uk have a set for £100. When I made my enquiries they had to get them from eibach in Germany. The spacers I have at 67mm fit the rotas which have more clearance. I used 20mm thickness of the spacer which with the rotas is too much really. But with standards would be perfect bearing in mind I'm guessing lol.

Haha thanks, I have had white wheels in my old car (in my pics) so I'm used to it. To be honest with how regularly I'm cleaning my car it is never an issue.

I have heard a few stories that this is in prep for a S/C kit????

They look good fella, enjoy cleaning them. I trust that you sealed them before fitting, especially with this snow coming this week and you being top of the hill.

I have heard a few stories that this is in prep for a S/C kit????

They look good fella, enjoy cleaning them. I trust that you sealed them before fitting, especially with this snow coming this week and you being top of the hill.

Otherwise this happens. LOL.

413f1873.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine are in for a refurb - more to sort out the colour than them being damaged.. Moving out/parting with the missus had ruined them - not had the means/convenience to clean them, how I used to. Baked on FTL.

Happy we're sorting things out - hence the 'furb. New nuts, and stickers FTW too.

nick thats a 97/r rather than 98/r which means it has the rub strips and shouldn't have had the leather interior. did you retrofit?

nick thats a 97/r rather than 98/r which means it has the rub strips and shouldn't have had the leather interior. did you retrofit?

Awesome spot Mr Eph, yes, leather interior was sourced and installed instead of cheaper option crazy cloth, IIRC cost me about £200.

That leather interior was excellent, worked really well and looked great.

suits, i only know because i had a 97/r that had the cloth interior. i too sourced a leather interior from a write off and it made a massive difference. infact that was one of the few reasons i moved sideways from the VTS to the 106 GTI.

Thanks for the comments, yeah i sealed with two layers of collinite 476 and then alloy wheel seal from auto glym as I've found it good in the past. My standard wheels that I have up for sale have had the same treatment!

Mine are in for a refurb - more to sort out the colour than them being damaged.. Moving out/parting with the missus had ruined them - not had the means/convenience to clean them, how I used to. Baked on FTL.

Happy we're sorting things out - hence the 'furb. New nuts, and stickers FTW too.

Got any pictures of your stickers as I have a few in the post but not sure I'm brave enough to put them on lol.

I'm really happy I have the car back. And your right danga I do want to go super charge but it's a long and expensive road ahead. I need to do FRSU, rear JDM ARB and front strut. Maybe some springs if i know i won't have problems with the front wheels rubbing where they have been pushed out. Then I'm looking at the n1. Dave on here has bought one and so I'm picking his brains at the loudness. He mentioned a bung. WTF mate.

Anyways LOL at all your snow pictures haha! I've been there before trying to get my old white car out the garage with it's bloody white wheels! I know what a git cars are like in the snow. As much fun as it is I'll probably just leave mine in the garage :D

Got a load of different ones, motul, brembo, eibach, opie oils, stewie from family guy sticking his finger up, made in japan, gruppe m, mugen etc. I only really like the opie oils and stewie one when they're on the car lol. I can't find any other decent ones and there no pictures for ideas on here! So I left nearly all of them off the car

Back