• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

I'm going to leave the wheels until a bit closer to JAE then they'll look better for the stand. One wheel does have a kerb mark, I didn't do it and it had been filled before I bought the car. The filling came off on the last but one wash so I hadn't noticed it before. If they refuse that one, I'll kick up a fuss or I'll just buy one and keep that as a spare! :lol:

I took the car to Skelmersdale today (had to go on a job). If any of you know Skem, it's the land of round-abouts, small ones and great big 'uns!

God the car handles well now. :twisted:

It's £406 for new one you know.....

If they won't give me one it's either that or have one obviously older one with brake dust etc. Don't much fancy an ebay one if I'm going to get the same quality as what I'm replacing back listed as 'Mint'.

I suppose for £406 I could have it properly refurbed as long as the colour matches... :confused:

Spoon Rad Cap arrived.

First time I've used Touge. Smooth and easy, cheers James! :smt023

Pics fitted:

Sdc10364.jpg

Sdc10365.jpg

I really want to see a highly tuned FN2.

How far are you going to take this Loxy???

I really want to see a highly tuned FN2.

How far are you going to take this Loxy???

I want to do a fair bit with it mate. Only thing is I've been playing about with £150 a month spending money and that includes beer money. :rolleyes:

So that's why it's been mainly engine bling so far...

I think I've sorted some sort of compromise with the missus, so if I get some overtime etc., we both get a bit of extra spends.

I just need to stop buying little bits and leave it in the bank to build up! :lol:

Enough of the sob story though.

Flashpro is the definite next mod. It's about £800 inc mapping and from what I've read, the FN2 actually being 208bhp standard and with the mods I've got, I might get 220-225, but mid range will be massively improved.

Brake pads will be replaced when needed, but I've got a 'service' budget for the car and so I'll book it into TDi-North and get DS2500s on the front, braided lines and some decent fluid. The current ones have a fair bit on though...

Then unless something else Spoon comes along to tempt me away from saving, I will be getting a Gruppe M which I can fit myself.

Then a Toda mani and remap at the same time, but unless I see one second hand it's about £1,100 new delivered, £100ish labour to fit and £200 for a proper remap. So that will need some serious overtime! :lol:

Flashpro is the definite next mod. It's about £800 inc mapping and from what I've read, the FN2 actually being 208bhp standard and with the mods I've got, I might get 220-225, but mid range will be massively improved.

QFT.

The mid range is where its at. Dont be fooled into being impressed with big top end figures.

I was looking at my old EP3 remap graph a minute ago and the power was up 30bhp at 6000rpm. Torque also up 30lb/ft at 6000rpm, thats where the gains are made.

Makes the car much more fun to drive with the added grunt lower down.

Gave it a wash this morning which after soaking off all the dead insects revealed all of the stone chips to me yet again...

So set to with the touch-up paint and cocktail stick and sorted most of the noticeable ones. Didn't take any pics because it's close up work and not amazingly interesting. Not done too bad of a job, but they just never look right in my eyes. :(

Anyhow, got prices for the brake upgrades I've been planning.

• Ferodo DC2500 pads on front - not entirely necessary on the back so I've been told and good to have at least some cold braking available
  • Braided Hel or Stoptech lines - probably Hel as Stoptech would add another £120...
  • Motul Brake fluid - Didn't ask which sort it is but at the price I'm assuming it's RBF 660 which supposedly exceeds the DOT 5.1 and DOT 3 brake fluid standards, except for viscosity at - 40°C (-40°F). I'll check before it gets done.

Cost to nearest tenner: £390 including vat and including labour, because despite how confident I am with a spanner, I wouldn't trust myself with brakes.

Not too bad. Asked for this to be booked in for August so I'll have this done before JAE...

I'll post up about what fluid it is and which lines I end up going for!

After the gearbox oil fiasco of Thursday night (Click here to read about it) the FN2 is back on song.

Came out from work to it today and paint has started peeling off on the O/S of the front bumper. Seriously not impressed. It looks like its developed tiny blisters in the sun. Its even brought the primer off. :(

I've had a list of faults that I wanted to book the car in for at the dealers before the warranty runs out at the end of September so I bit the bullet and phoned the dealers to book it in.

Faults are:
  • Peeling paint on front bumper
  • Chrome exhaust garnish has oxidised so won't polish up
  • Paint on rear bumper under chrome garnish has either burnt or been stained and won't polish up
  • Laquer peeling on all 4 alloys
  • Parking sensors I had fitted in January just give a solid tone around 1 in 3 times of selecting reverse
  • Driver's seat has gone shiney where seatbelt comes over the shoulder - been told this may not be covered as it may be classed as wear and tear

I'm hoping that after the sump plug went missing from my gearbox that the dealer admitted to, they might still be in an apologetic mood.

It's booked in for Thursday, they say they need it for the day, so I'll update when I get it back.

On a lighter note, spoke to Paul today at TDi-North and I've decided on the brake mods.

I'll be getting:
  • DS2500 pads on the front
  • Stoptech braided S.S. brake lines
  • Motul RBF600

Booked in to be done on 6th July. :smt023

[*]Chrome exhaust garnish has oxidised so won't polish up
[*]Paint on rear bumper under chrome garnish has either burnt or been stained and won't polish up

I've had both of these and they came out with polish and a bit of elbow grease.

Right got it back. Neily was right about the exhaust bits.

Faults are:
  • Peeling paint on front bumper - Previously had paint repair so they won't touch it. Going back to the garage I got it from tomorrow... :evil: Honda quoted £90+VAT to fix it but it might react with the previous repair
  • Chrome exhaust garnish has oxidised so won't polish up - They used some decent stuff the valeters had and it's come out.
  • Paint on rear bumper under chrome garnish has either burnt or been stained and won't polish up - They used some decent stuff the valeters had and it's come out.
  • Laquer peeling on all 4 alloys - They've already been refurbed and this is the aftermath so to speak, so Honda won't touch. Again going back to the garage I got it from tomorrow... Honda has quoted £50+VAT to refurb each wheel
  • Parking sensors I had fitted in January just give a solid tone around 1 in 3 times of selecting reverse - Sorted
  • Driver's seat has gone shiney where seatbelt comes over the shoulder - been told this may not be covered as it may be classed as wear and tear - Wear and tear so no fix under warranty...

Which bit of the bumper is peeling? The main bumper or the skirt? The main bumper is only £130 inc VAT painted, £160 for the skirt.

Which bit of the bumper is peeling? The main bumper or the skirt? The main bumper is only £130 inc VAT painted, £160 for the skirt.

It's the main bumper just above the fogs. It must have been scraped and repainted.

Handy to know that, cheers Neil. There is no way I'll pay £90+VAT for an uncertain finish when I can just replace it. I'll probably get a bit back flogging the old one on eBay!

Garage I bought the car from has agreed that I can bring it back for the sales manager to have a look.

They have £50k Porsches, Evos and Scoobies and all in all over 100 cars in stock, so they've built up a reasonble sized business. I know they say you can never trust a used car salesman but hopefully they will cough up... after all if they're using someone shonky to do paint jobs and wheel refurbs, the garage need telling because they're paying out for it all in the first place.

Back