• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #4

The Mugen stuff is a very good fit, just the four corners tuck the standard arch trims underneath and to get those in place and sitting straight was a proper pain. Front splitter is like OEM fitment though apart from that, top quality stuff.

I'm not a fan of the rear wing until I see it in the flesh, but that being said I don't think I could own one.

I prefer the ride on the OEM wheels if I'm 100% honest, but it handles just as well and a little bit of weight saving too on the Lightnings so not all bad. White wheels did look a bit odd with the Mugen trim, but I'll probably use the OEMs if/when I book a track day.

I've heard bad things about the driveshafts rubbing with the 30mm springs, plus the car cornered very flat which in turn meant when the grip went you had very little warning. It's much more composed and predictable on the 15mm ones, plus as a brucey bonus I've a 3" exhaust to go on shortly and I don't think it would have got on well with my drive. They seemed fine on speed bumps though.

Love this type r Loxy. Mugen kit looks great. Look forward to hearing a video of the 3" exhaust when you fit it:)

Just for Sun, this is how it sits on the 15mms

IMAG3147.jpg

Side profile it looks very good mate.

Only bit that seesm weird is the side profile of the rear bumper.

The Mugen stuff is a very good fit, just the four corners tuck the standard arch trims underneath and to get those in place and sitting straight was a proper pain. Front splitter is like OEM fitment though apart from that, top quality stuff.

I'm not a fan of the rear wing until I see it in the flesh, but that being said I don't think I could own one.

I prefer the ride on the OEM wheels if I'm 100% honest, but it handles just as well and a little bit of weight saving too on the Lightnings so not all bad. White wheels did look a bit odd with the Mugen trim, but I'll probably use the OEMs if/when I book a track day.

I've heard bad things about the driveshafts rubbing with the 30mm springs, plus the car cornered very flat which in turn meant when the grip went you had very little warning. It's much more composed and predictable on the 15mm ones, plus as a brucey bonus I've a 3" exhaust to go on shortly and I don't think it would have got on well with my drive. They seemed fine on speed bumps though.

Understood - I actually had the 15mm on my own FN2 with OEM wheels and always wished I had went for the ABP's/lower variants.

But you're right, I myself recall hearing about the tension on the driveshafts from lower springs - must admit, I had had forgotten that it was an issue on the FN2.

Just for Sun, this is how it sits on the 15mms

IMAG3147.jpg

TBF, with the 19's - that actually sits very nicely.

Just read this from start to finish. Loving the attention to detail, a lot of people wouldn't have bothered with some of the ocd bits but hats off to you. Really like this, can't believe your knowledge on cars is so good and your knowledge on cleaning is err... Shocking!!

Took the car for it's MOT yesterday, passed with no advisories. Standard.

Also asked Stevie to fit the Solid Fabs 3" cat back while I was there as I thought it wouldn't be a long job. Turned out my OEM B-pipe was pretty much welded onto the cat and had to be cut off so as not to damage the cat. :roll:

It's loud I won't lie. Tinnitus inducingly loud, but hey ho that's the way it is. There is a sweet spot between around 3,250 and 3,800 where you can barely hear it on light throttle with no drone, so thankfully it is quite pleasant at motorway cruising speeds. However it's no longer a car you would take to a funeral, but does make some trouser troubling noises on downshifts. :smt023

Can you get a video of with the exhaust? Wouldn't minding hearing how it sounds. My solid fab b pipe made my spoon rep very loud on my eg

Can you get a video of with the exhaust? Wouldn't minding hearing how it sounds. My solid fab b pipe made my spoon rep very loud on my eg

I'll try.

Surprised you're not past those sort of exhausts yet. :lol:

Oh I am. I'm not sure it is staying yet but you can't get a "quiet" 3", but in all honesty this isn't J's Racing 70RR loud.

The noise will change again when I get the header on. I'll have to see if I get on with it then and if the neighbours start moaning.

Back