• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #5 - Milano Red FK2 GT

What Ed said I reckon. And as you said, you don't want to be the test mule fir the rectification required to get their part up to standard. Not unless they refund you the cost and then give you the updated part for free.

If I was in your position, I'd give the sports cat back and get a refund as IMO its not upto the job and run the OE cat until Hondata release their software for the FK2

That's what is happening.

I've spoken to Cobra and given them the feedback on it. They thanked me for my thorough and honest feedback.

I was correct that the development car hadn't done as many miles with the sports cat on as I have, and I only saw the EML after 100+ miles.

But 100 or so miles isn't that much, you would have thought that a minimum of 500 miles would have been a suitable testing period.

500 miles is a lot to do in a customer's car to be checking for issues. Anyway, I've done that bit if testing for them, whether I signed up to it or not. :lol:

Paul from TDi posted yesterday that the FK2s seem to put on the EML and go into limp mode for fun. It's a bit overprotective...

500 miles is a lot to do in a customer's car to be checking for issues. Anyway, I've done that bit if testing for them, whether I signed up to it or not. :lol:

Paul from TDi posted yesterday that the FK2s seem to put on the EML and go into limp mode for fun. It's a bit overprotective...

Heard from a few guys over at the Nurburgring that they were having a few issues with the limp mode too. Seems to be an overal issue.
Hondata had better get cracking!

Heard from a few guys over at the Nurburgring that they were having a few issues with the limp mode too. Seems to be an overal issue.
Hondata had better get cracking!

The Dream lot with HPJ or just in general?

Strangely I've done 140 miles since I reset the EML and it's not back on yet. I'll go and give it some stick on Sunday and see if it pops up again...

The Dream lot with HPJ or just in general?

Strangely I've done 140 miles since I reset the EML and it's not back on yet. I'll go and give it some stick on Sunday and see if it pops up again...

Don't know who it was, a mate of mine knows them.
Perhaps you need to do a 500ish miles again for it to pop on?

It come on after just over 100 last time. It was Ed that mentioned 500.

I only mentioned 500 as we often do over 100 miles per 8 hour shift without feeling like we've done much driving.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You've not really. I do close to 70 miles a day just getting to and from work. :)

500 is asking a lot of a customer car, never mind the time but some people aren't keen on putting the mileage on a new car.

In the first weekend of owning my first car, I put 1400 miles on it, having been delivered to me with 16 on the clock. Twas a tad excited and just drove for about 14 hours each day with no purpose whatsoever other than to drive.

Looking and sounding good Loxy! Shame about the sports cat though :( , but sounds like you're managing to get it sorted relatively stress free.
Got to say I've never had a aftermarket exhaust fit stress free. Whether I've bought cheap or for mega bucks. In fact having massive problems with finding a good exhaust on my JDM. On my 3rd now and 4th booked in next week... :mad: With Exhausts UK actually. To be honest part of the problems I've been having is with their centre section and they double booked me last time causing further problems. Long story, but not been happy with their service and part at all. Didn't want to use them but got no other option at the moment unless I'm willing to pay out a extra £300 for one that might not fit still anyway. So last chance lol.

Anyway, glad to hear your visit down was good and it sounds like it's developing a nice tone after a few miles. Nice one:)

Over to Grinspeed today for Stevie to work his magic.

IMAG4208.jpg

OEM cat put back on and no more annoying EML staring at me.

Putting the OEM cat back on has quietened the car down considerably, me likey.

Not a hint of done. The wife will be pleased! Opens up the chance of a family holiday over to the Nurburgring I reckon! :D

Glad the drone has gone! Will you bother going back to the sports cat even with a remap once its available?

I had learned to not mind the exhaust sound to be honest and I almost missed it when I was driving home today. It still sounds like it looks now, just with the dB dialed back a bit!

Strangely it does seem to be popping a bit more. I'll not complain. :lol:

So the De cat has been sent back then?

Yup. EML I was sort of prepared for although I was assured I wouldn't get one O2 spacer and all, but limp mode I wasn't.

Their advice has now been changed that mapping is recommended on both the decat and sports cat, so it wasn't a complete loss for them.

Back