• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

mfnick's Blobeye Impreza STi

Finally picked it up on Friday. Absolutely loving it!

pmtp.jpg

u2yk.jpg

50da.jpg

uesh.jpg

Better pics will follow, these were quick ones with my Phone.

Not had a proper blast in it yet. Went straight to see my bro for the weekend after picking it up (my nephew now thinks its the coolest car ever :-D ). But done some 'point and squirt' driving in it and the acceleration is something else! Cant wait to see how it handles in the dry when pushing on. Its had a fast road geo setup already done, the old owner said he'd had it set to be quite neutral with the ability to slide the back end out a bit. Need a big open space to test :D . Surprised just how comfy it is too, although it has got coilovers fitted.

Current spec:
Boost Solenoid
BC coilovers with Fast Road geo setup
2 point strut brace
Full exhaust system with down pipe or mid cat delete (forget which, will double check later)
K&N Filter
Remap to 332bhp and 330ftlb
Ugraded discs and EBC pads all round.

As for my future plans, im going to get a front splitter (seen a couple with them and finishes the front off nicely). I'm also going to change the alloys I think, not keen on these really. Either getting the standard or pro drive gold alloys, some bronze or some black ones, not sure one which exactly yet as I've not looked into them fully.
Going to look into the brakes too as they feel pretty spongy and doesn't really slow the car until you push on the pedal quite hard.

Oh, and BGW and classic Subaru burble came as standard - suck it Loxy ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice indeed bud!

The brakes took some getting used to on mine. They aren't as heavily servo'd as the Hondas so you do need to give them more of a press. You get used to it.

We'll have to have a sound check at JAE. Mine has all the cats on though, so you'll win. ;)

nice car ;)

change out the brake fluid for some 5.1 and get braided lines on ;) the brembos are good also with some stoptech discs ;)

Nice blob eye, which exhaust system is it?

I like the blob eyes, they are my favourite shape out of the 'older' imprezas, bug, blob and hawkeye, in particular the WR1 variant.

Yeah the brakes are a little on the slow side, I'm going to fit a brake stopper and some braided hoses when my brakes are due for a change.

I had one of these and I've gotta say , it's an amazing drive.

Mine had
Typhoon air intake system,
5" stainless steel cat back system (bloody loud)
GFB dump valve.

Probably pushing standard, but my god... in the dry! a lot of people had trouble keeping up.

Though 300Bhp + is a must.

Enjoy the car mate, it's lovely.

Thanks guys! :D
I'm already getting used to the brakes now and learning how to get the best from them. Will definitely look into improving the feel and response of them though when I've got some spare cash again.
As for the exhaust, I don't actually know which make it is, the guy I bought it from wasn't 100% sure. All I know is its massive and sounds just incredible so I'm happy. When I get it up on a ramp ill have a poke round and see if I can find a stamp on it.
Oh, and it's got a dump valve too. Childish & Chavy? Absolutely. Do I care? Not one bit! Makes me smile every time when Im booting it. :)

First purchase already made - disklok. Bloody expensive and didn't really have the cash for it (thank God for credit cards) but its given me a bit more peace of mind so worth it.

The top ones look like Rota Grid V's I love them on a Scoob, especially the wider fitments, as you get the massive concave look with them. Good choice man:cool:

Yea, that's what I love about them too. Going to be some black ones coming up for sale soon (he's breaking it) wish I had the cash.

4ks4.jpg

You'll be able to afford new wheels by charging people to tow them off the wet grass at JAE. Prefer these to the Evo myself, good choice. There's a lad near me who has an RB320, good god that thing is tidy.

Back