• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

mfnick's Blobeye Impreza STi

After some thinking and discussions at JAE im probably going to keep these wheels now. But if I am I definitely want them in a different colour but not sure which. Wondered if anyone who has good photoshop skills could edit this pic changing them to bronze, gloss black and anthracite please?

a3me.jpg

Thanks!

Also found after some longer trips that I can get over 30mpg from it when just cruising on motorway and staying off boost on normal roads. Wasn't expecting that :)

Haha I'm still in shock that Chris let you drive his. As well as just how eager I was to tag along for the ride still. We survived though. Bonus!

In other news, when buying the car and checking the cambelt mileage for some reason I totally forgot to check when it was done. Checked it last week and turns out it was 5 years ago so was due to be changed even though it was almost 20,000 miles under the recommended mileage. So got it done this morning.
Cost?

£495 including tensioners and a couple of idlers I needed changing.

Bloody expensive oversight! :rolleyes:

Haha I'm still in shock that Chris let you drive his. As well as just how eager I was to tag along for the ride still. We survived though. Bonus!

In other news, when buying the car and checking the cambelt mileage for some reason I totally forgot to check when it was done. Checked it last week and turns out it was 5 years ago so was due to be changed even though it was almost 20,000 miles under the recommended mileage. So got it done this morning.
Cost?

£495 including tensioners and a couple of idlers I needed changing.

Bloody expensive oversight! :rolleyes:

should have done water pump at same time while it was all off ;)

Been a while! Too busy just generally looking after the damn thing to have been spending any money on fun stuff. Major Service, Tax, Gearbox refurb, Cambelt, Diff gasket, new discs and pads all round (the only 'fun' expenditure) to name a few things ive had to pay for off the top of my head in the last few months.

On top of all that on a lazy day I decided to take it to the Polish to get washed. This is what happened to my alloys:

152gbxy.jpg

They were a chrome/mirror finish. Or Hyper Silver to give the official title. Wrecked. Wasn't keen on them anyway so this just meant the refurb/replacement job got pushed higher up my "to do" list.

Decided on some new (to me) ones.

vo7alk.jpg

They're Team Dynamic Pro Race ones in 18x8 et30. Loads lighter than my old ones and look loads better. Or at least they did under garage lights back in the winter months of November/December when I bought them. However after getting them out a few weeks ago under proper sunlight for a clean ready for fitting they looked awful! Whoever did the refurb in black (originally gold) did a terrible job.

103ijpu.jpg

6o0nyu.jpg

No amount of elbow grease with T-Cut and polish would sort these. After all the messing about and money spent so far I wasn't willing to pay for a refurb to sort them so decided to have a go at spraying them myself. Figured I couldn't make them much worse. & you know what, to say ive never done anything like this before in my life I was really happy with the results.

2n0o3nr.jpg

141p8h1.jpg

107mj60.jpg

Much better! Ordered 4 new Vredestein Sessanta's (had Yokohoma Parada Spec 2's before - amazing in the dry, terrifying in anything else) to wrap round them and got some blue wheel nuts too. Now after months of saving and faffing about ive finally gotten them fitted.

dxn34.jpg

keajr8.jpg

2dtnji1.jpg

33krj0o.jpg

Been a few occasions over last few months where ive thought "Cars! Why do I F'ing bother?!" But it's all worth it in the end. :) Just about haha.

Fair run of bills you've had there.

The car is looking sweet now though. :smt023

Cheers guys! Yea, think it looks a lot better now.
Had a quick drive on a motorway to double check everything and developed a bounce at higher speed so got to take it back and check the balancing now though :mad::lol: Think it might have thrown a weight as it was ok to start with.

Fair run of bills you've had there.

The car is looking sweet now though. :smt023

Yea I sure have. In the few months I've owned it it's probably cost me more to look after than the CTR did in a couple of years of ownership - including mod expenses! Finally getting on top of it now though, hopefully.

In recent news - my bad luck continues and the wheels are ****ed. Well 2 are. Long story.
But, thanks to some recent night work at double time I can now afford a brand new set of wheels instead of scrimping and buying another set of 2nd hand ones which may also be ****ed. I'm thinking of a change though now I'm buying new as it's opened up a whole new world of choice. I've narrowed it down to 2 though.

Revolution Milleniums in gunmetal (or flat black if available)

syuzbm.jpg

2d6mm86.jpg

sm53py.jpg

or Rota GRA's - can't find a pic of these in black on blue so have to use your imagination on these.

ztghh4.jpg

24fw8zp.jpg

http://www.rarerims.co.uk/wheelshop_products.asp?productid=1&rangeid=1&product=GRA#

What do you guys think? Any preference?

In other recent news - I've had a new 3" full decat exhaust fitted. Took some cutting, welding and bracket modification to make it fit since the company I bought it from are ***** and don't know how to make them the right (J Performance). Was also getting it remapped and going MAFless to make it run better and give me more options in the future when I upgrade the turbo - anti-lag, switchable maps etc. but on checking the car over after fitting the exhaust found the up pipe is knackered and blowing. FFS!!!
So a new Harvey Smith up pipe (varied diameter which improves spool time) has been ordered and shall be installed this week. Hopefully get it mapped this Saturday now. Let you know how it goes...

I fancied the GRAs for my Scooby, look damn nice in the flesh! :smt023

Good work on the power mods.

The GRA's are cool Nick, but those REVO's are sweet man, I'd go for those just because they're a bit different.

1 vote each, you guys are no help :lol:

To be honest I think I'm leaning more towards the Milleniums. I've always loved them since I first spotted a set in gold on a classic. And like you say NYA, they're not as common.
I'm going to Northern Big One (huge Scooby meet) at the end of the month so think I'm going to hold off until then at least. See what's there and hopefully there will be a couple with these wheels in the flesh and decide then :)

Back