• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

MilanoChris' Evo IX

Their dyno is odd, as I said. But 410 bhp seems pretty accurate. Other cars there were very accurate, ie an S2000 ran 242 bhp and so on.

But I'm going off the SRR figures of 345 bhp at the wheels, not really interested in p(ub)hp.

Can't help but feel they're just fudging it then to make the headline figure look right...the whp is what is actually being measured and that's miles out. Wouldn't be the first time, or the last I suspect.

Charlie's reading will definitely be on the money.

TBH they're believable.

From another forum:

DRZ said:
The WHP figures are low because of the extra contact patch. The coast-down measurement factors in this extra drag and the drivetrain losses to calc the (accurate) flywheel power. Each wheel touches the dyno in two places (the wheel sits in between two rollers), whereas on a lot of other dynos there is just one roller.

Most cars that I remember running that day were pretty much spot on in terms of BHP at the fly.

Mine read exactly as indigo told me it would +/- a couple of bhp.

On a side note. Chris's car is now considerably faster than mine. Its as quick now as it should have been last year.

My stock FD2 ran 242 bhp on Powerstation's dyno ,so don't take the numbers to seriously .

They had a software update last year to make it more accurate.

As I've said, it's proven to be pretty accurate, plus, I'm going off my DD at the wheel readout.

yjabasah.jpg

:)

Well a FRSU is just a geometry tune, you can get it done on any car. Mine is about to have corner weighting done as well as dialing in geo setup.

All of these new parts, set-ups, and tunes being driven in anger for the first time at Spa? That'd be an experience!

Pretty much! Home now, managed to get some quick pics on the drive before it started tipping down.

SBn4TIx.jpg

tIajREe.jpg

aqPdaJH.jpg

KFfkogI.jpg

QW2IvLr.jpg

iFQvdlI.jpg

qA9AR8E.jpg

sBgdHpi.jpg

That's a nice height...low enough to make it interesting, high enough that you don't end up dragging the belly everywhere. :smt023

Back