• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Mugen 200

Nice delivery today. Maybe a new vacuum cleaner...

Nah, Toda cat back. Pic from seller as I will unpack it over the weekend.

Big thanks to Dan (you know who you are!) for contacting me with a good deal and for taking the time to pack and post it! In a perfect world I would have gone for Mugen (because I have a problem), but there's no chance I'm paying £1900 and I've spent too long on YouTube listening to the Toda and loving the sound.

Will try and get it fitted next week.

You don't have a problem, you have an appreciative soul

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Toda is on.

Properly lovely sound, not too raspy and nice and deep at low speeds. Need to go for a proper spin tonight, but early impressions are it's louder than I thought it would be outside, but perfect inside. More of a treat for pedestrians!

Garage mentioned in passing that the tail pipes aren't quite central to the exits. Doesn't matter for looks as you can't see them, but think they're being cautious with heat going onto rear splitter. Anyone foresee any issues?

Aren't the exhaust garnishes metal? As they look as though they've been exposed to exhaust gases for quite some time.

Just ease off the accelerator if you smell burning. :lol:

They are metal Karl yes.

Looks like it will be fine bud. As long as it's not touching or rattling against it, bob on.

They are metal, but the tail pipes don't reach inside if that makes sense?

And yes, they need cleaning :lol:

Mugen aero rear end will sort the exhaust issue out :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
So yeah, love the Toda. Works so well in tandem with the Mugen intake. Really throaty up to about 3.5K, then up to 5.5K it's not hugely different to OEM, then up to the red line all hell breaks loose. Hard to describe, but it just sounds grown up, rather than "I stuck a big exhaust on my Nova".

I have no way of getting a decent quality video or sound recording, but to give you a rough idea, I found a disused stretch of road near Llandow Circuit tonight, hung my iphone out the window and got this:

https://instaud.io/RGU

So yeah, love the Toda. Works so well in tandem with the Mugen intake. Really throaty up to about 3.5K, then up to 5.5K it's not hugely different to OEM, then up to the red line all hell breaks loose. Hard to describe, but it just sounds grown up, rather than "I stuck a big exhaust on my Nova".

I have no way of getting a decent quality video or sound recording, but to give you a rough idea, I found a disused stretch of road near Llandow Circuit tonight, hung my iphone out the window and got this:

https://instaud.io/RGU

Ahh I'm not too far from Llandow and have just been for a detoured drive for fuel; could've been your cameraman if I'd known ;)

I knew you would love it mate. It doesn't get much better they sound fantastic. Just nice in all the right parts of the rev range. Plus it won't make your ears bleed on the motorway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew you would love it mate. It doesn't get much better they sound fantastic. Just nice in all the right parts of the rev range. Plus it won't make your ears bleed on the motorway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep! Thanks again for the advice bud.

Back