• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Mugen 200

You know when you get the modding bug again, so you end up buying overpriced stuff you really don't need?

Yeah, that:

Went to fit them earlier and one existing number plate screw is so badly corroded, there is no screw head. The other came off after a fashion but the Mugen bolts are a bigger thread, so would need to drill the plate and boot lid.

Seems a big old faff.

You know when you get the modding bug again, so you end up buying overpriced stuff you really don't need?

Yeah, that:

Went to fit them earlier and one existing number plate screw is so badly corroded, there is no screw head. The other came off after a fashion but the Mugen bolts are a bigger thread, so would need to drill the plate and boot lid.

Seems a big old faff.
Could you tap the hole, think amazon sell thread taps cheap

Get it done you poof. :lol:

Thanks for your encouragement :p

Could you tap the hole, think amazon sell thread taps cheap

I could do Rob, but I'm thinking I'll probably just sell them on. Don't want to be messing with drilling holes into the car for something so minor.

Since having the front bumper fitted, that plate has just been stuck on, so I've just ordered an adhesive front plate which should look much better and by all accounts is actually legal. We shall see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sticky plate arrived today. Proper reflective material and the letters and numbers are standard size, but with the surround being much smaller and therefore neater. So all seems legal. Really happy with how it looks and even though their logo is on it, it's reflective silver, so you can barely read it.

Taking the old plate off was a real stress as there was so much super sticky tape on it, I ended up snapping it into pieces to remove it. Heart in mouth with the new bumper too, but all good. Then took an age to clean the remaining tape off and clean, but worth it. Guess the bigger holes are if you bought the Mugen carbon number plate surround:

Then the job of sticking the new one on and getting the alignment right:

Side profile looks better too, with nothing hanging off now:

Lovely. Even more set on getting one now. Just a case of where to stick it, as I'm not fond of the idea of having paid to have the front plate removed, bumper smoothed and repainted to then put the plate in exactly the same location... :lol:

Cheers all.

I thought about putting it off centre, Alfa style, but with the holes in the middle and then realising there wasn't actually any space to the side, slap bang in the middle it went.

Cheers all.

I thought about putting it off centre, Alfa style, but with the holes in the middle and then realising there wasn't actually any space to the side, slap bang in the middle it went.

Really like it. Tempted to look at one for the front of the FK2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back