• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email
Well where do I start..

I sold my CTR then wanted to get an Impreza, after reading up on the Sti I then thought about Evo's, I thought the sensible option for me would be to get an 8 MR as I thought about one of these before I got a DC5.

After having some talks with 8MR owners, they kinda twisted my arm in to taking a look at a VI, now I have always liked the VI but considered them to be an 'old' car, there are certainly a lot of bad eggs out there as with any marque.

I began my hunt for the car, and made a few enquiries on certain models. I then noticed one that had come up for sale on MLR, the trouble was the guy lived in Perth, Jockland. This wasn't to much of an issue as Southampton airport is on more or less on my doorstep.

It turned out the guy was coming down to England to pick up a van for his motocross bikes, he said he would bring down the Evo so I could take a look, we chatted on the phone extensively and I like what I heard, it is a low mileage VI GSR, 49k miles full ralliart/service history lots of receipts for work carried out. Three owners from new. Mods were sensible, it has had various HKS internals but again receipts from Norris etc is always reassuring.

The car is a dream, it is everything I wanted and more, I have one issue I need to investigate, that being a knock from the front under turning, I am fairly sure it is nothing major but I will get it sorted ASAP (Norris designs 20 mins away FTW) Also the OEM OZ wheels have seen better days but rather than getting them refurbed I think I will get some rota G force in gunmetal 8)

Mods:

A'PEXi AVCR boost controller/monitor
battery relocation to boot
Blitz nur spec exhaust
HKS mushroom filter
HKS induction hardpipe to turbo
Tubular type turbo manifold w/heatwrap
Turbosmart semi-recirculating BOV
HKS adjustable pulleys
HKS 270 camshafts
HKS valve springs
ARP head bolts
ARP conrod bolts
Cosworth 1.2mm head gasket
Glencoe water injection system
Uprated Alloy radiator
Running approx 350 bhp@ 1.4 bar safely.

Here are some pics taken by the last owner, I plan on giving it a good wash and wax before JAE.

20601092.jpg

photo-4.jpg

photo.jpg

photo7.jpg

Future plans, a decent head unit (ipod) and some lowering springs...

As well as new alloys as above.. oh and stakes in Shell, she is one thirsty mofo!

Blitz Nurspec idling without bung.

[video=youtube;7TH_64jMwr0]old link autoupdated[/video]

sweet! Will check it out at jae.

Always loved the 6's.

Please to replace idling video with full throttle launching video. :D

The car is a dream, it is everything I wanted and more, I have one issue I need to investigate, that being a knock from the front under turning, I am fairly sure it is nothing major but I will get it sorted ASAP (Norris designs 20 mins away FTW) Also the OEM OZ wheels have seen better days but rather than getting them refurbed I think I will get some rota G force in gunmetal 8)

Probably top mount rubbers Stu.

Very nice mate!!welcome aboard :D my mates got the exact same! bar the nice mods you got!!

as for the knock, its probably not the top mount mate, ** get the link for you! its diff bolts or bolts in th transfer box something like that! cant remember properly! my mates got the exat same thing on his!! lol

dont be alarmed though, its not major and cant cause any damage by driving... ill put the link up in 2 secs...

EDIT : heres the link mate, have a read and see what you think ...

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=4037

Cool man, glad your happy now :lol: .

Go and find those cars that left you standing in your CTR now :twisted: .

WTF!!! I go away for a month and i come back and you've sold the CTR.

The EVO looks sweet im a big fan of these cars but why the sale? You spent soooo much on the CTR it was a beast!!!!

Hope you enjoy it though dude.

Don't be ridiculous James. The impacts that broke those Rotas would break Rays, OEM or pretty much any other wheel manufacturer you care to mention.

The Rota bandwagon started years ago when they had a specific problem with a specific wheel, and it was recalled, dealt with and mass apologies handed out.

How many Rotas do you see fail with no external impact?

The Driftworks boys are happy to use Rota wheels, and they'll be facing more lateral loads than most people will give them.

If you check the full spec on this James:

http://www.litchfieldimports.co.uk/subaru_type20.asp

And see what brand Litchfield seem happy to fit to their cars, and then show me one GOOD reason why someone shouldn't fit Rotas if they want to?

Nothing wrong with Rotas, ok I went for Rays but I got a cracking deal. I was originally going for Rota G-force iirc

Back