• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My DC2. Haters please assemble at Pg87

How about a lairy Scoob Estate WRX complete with full coverage 555 Graphics and obligitory Colin McCrae "If in doubt, flat out" Sticker. Possibly brought up to date with a DC Shoe Co. sticker on each mirror and a Travis Pasty-anal #199 graphic on the boot lid. Also throw in, usual spec 9 1/2" exhaust exit, Jap Slash need only apply, generic STi copy wheels, kerbed to sh!t, mahooosive scoop on the bonnet for the interwarmer and Fog Lights on at all times of the day, Winter or Summer.

DSC07718.jpg

d4b78008-dbf4-7ff6.jpg

Thats a VR-4 Legnum. I went out with one of the moderators on the VR-4 forum who lives local, after I swapped my EP3 and before I bought my Scoob 5 years ago. Was quite nice, but was quite barge tastic and needed a few choice mods in the braking and chassis area to make it a bit more manageable.

For ultimate fcuk you attitude, this must be on your list:
3619830-2.jpg

Can someone point me towards the masses of stories where these ST220s are having big problems? I'm reading loads and loads of reviews and apart from low (ish) MPG, I can't really find much else wrong. Especially on facelift ones. Rear subframe bushes seem to fail on some, but apart from that and the occasional sagging rear bumper that is due to support, I really can't find a huge amount wrong.

Just saying "Ford are unreliable" isn't really that helpful. Actual information would be much better to work with.
My only experience of Ford is the 2003 Fiesta 1.4 that I bought brand new. It broke down in France due to a failed coil pack, but my breakdown company paid for a local Hotel as well as sorting me out getting a later Ferry. Inconvenience? Yes, of course, but all in all I got a free(ish) night out in Bordeaux and days shopping and what not the next day while I waited for Ford to fix the car.

Something else also went wrong with it, fan belt iirc. Apart from that it was fine but I don't think I'd buy another Ford after my own personal experience, though I have half been tempted with an ST220 in the past. There is someone on OcUK that has (or had) one as I've said before and it is really quick. He never had a problem with the car.

I think a lot of people watch Top Gear/5th Gear etc and read car mags/forums and are all of a sudden car experts on cars they've never personally had any experience of owning and simply post on forums after hear say. TBH I think I've been guilty of it in the past but thinking about it, it's a little narrow minded.

I heard some story that some dude bought a DC5 and his engine blew up. Perhaps we should all avoid Honda's like the plague? My mates 2007 BMW broke the other Month with a £1200 repair bill, doesn't mean they're all lemons and you should never buy a BMW. Thankfully for him it was covered under warranty.

Thing is Graham - you work in a garage and if anything ever does go wrong with it you will get it sorted for cheap (except expensive parts, which you normally don't associate with Fords). Let the haters and armchair experts hate. Buy a good example and you'll be sorted. :smt023

Doesn't matter what you say or present as evidence - everyone will still hate it.

And in a way I'm glad, because that's what makes it such a bargain buy.

Back