• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Evo 8! now forsale pg23

*** Really Stupid Question Alert ***

Whats the MPG on an FQ300 on a conservative drive?

REALLY want one but dont think I can justify the petrol bills. I appreciate you dont buy an EVO if your climate conscious however my pockets arent that deep!!

*** Really Stupid Question Alert ***

Whats the MPG on an FQ300 on a conservative drive?

REALLY want one but dont think I can justify the petrol bills. I appreciate you dont buy an EVO if your climate conscious however my pockets arent that deep!!

combined trip is like 21 mpg, i think?

the mpg is better than i thought. on a conservative drive its not far from the CTR, but when you open it up...shes a thirsty girl!

i picked the car up from Scotland, and got back to London on 1 tank and a quarter! and that was opening it up a wee bit too;)

An evo 9 GT :p

Looking at your mods matey you should be up to about 400, get it on the rollers and if it's about 360 then get a new map :cool:

Mine only has stage 1 stuff, fuel pump, exhaust, filter, boost controller and map and im hoping it is about 380-400..? if im lucky :lol: mental quick though.

I see you have a gems ecu? Sell it and keep the standard one, you can do pretty much everything with just flashing that
can you have antilag setup on the standard ecu? i didnt think you could? well the Gems ECU is just sitting there, i thought id enjoy it how it is at the mo, the go for the magic 400/400!
the bloke i bought it off told me the Tuners said the car has alot more potential with the mods its got, but he wanted a safe 'conservative' map. but im gonna get it tuned again soon, just to make sure everythings ok, no DET etc..

Really, really want one but getting 30-35 mpg from the CTR and a drop 20ish is quite a bit!!!

This may sound silly but would a mapped 260 still be 20ish mpg due to it been a mapped engine would it not be a litt;e higher than that of the standard FQ??

Really, really want one but getting 30-35 mpg from the CTR and a drop 20ish is quite a bit!!!

This may sound silly but would a mapped 260 still be 20ish mpg due to it been a mapped engine would it not be a litt;e higher than that of the standard FQ??
i suppose if its mapped, you do get better mpg like any car really, but then again, when you put your foot down it the civic, i bet your not getting 30 - 35mpg! because i know for sure i wasnt!:lol:

all you need to do is hear the antilag setup mate...that will make your decision!!!!:D

can you have antilag setup on the standard ecu? i didnt think you could? well the Gems ECU is just sitting there, i thought id enjoy it how it is at the mo, the go for the magic 400/400!
the bloke i bought it off told me the Tuners said the car has alot more potential with the mods its got, but he wanted a safe 'conservative' map. but im gonna get it tuned again soon, just to make sure everythings ok, no DET etc..

The standard ECU is great. All I have is a reflashed OEM ecu and I have anti lag, valet mode, switchable maps etc etc. Anti lag is turned on by holding down the I/C spray button.

where are you based? There are some very good mappers on MLR who will map it on the road for you. Mine was mapped by grayw who is pretty awesome :cool::D Also rich at RG uses ECUflash and is also very highly recommended.

You need to drive off boost to get decent mpg, which isn't easy. tbh if you are worried about the mpg then a - the evo isn't for you and b - you can't afford it anyway

The standard ECU is great. All I have is a reflashed OEM ecu and I have anti lag, valet mode, switchable maps etc etc. Anti lag is turned on by holding down the I/C spray button.

where are you based? There are some very good mappers on MLR who will map it on the road for you. Mine was mapped by grayw who is pretty awesome :cool::D Also rich at RG uses ECUflash and is also very highly recommended.

You need to drive off boost to get decent mpg, which isn't easy. tbh if you are worried about the mpg then a - the evo isn't for you and b - you can't afford it anyway
ahhh, didnt realise that!!!! gonna do a bit of research on the gems now then!!! might just get rid!

im in london mate... ill more than likely head over to RG, have a word with him there, see my options etc.

looks really nice im getting one in the future for insurance purposes as im only 20 cant stop looking on the lancer owners site in for sale section. :)
i saw that one you have got it was a really good buy at that price i think i would have bought it, anyway mate all i can say is enjoy im jelous as fcuk :)

i was on the lancer-register forum for months sitting waiting in the cars for sale section!!! lol. thinking shal/shal i not... think i made the right choice in the end!!!!

Ill TAKE you modded JDM free of charge Stu if you fancy giving it to me, in exchange for a test drive in mine to convince you.... how does that sound?:D

i suppose the 'if you fancy giving it to me' and 'test drive in mine' does sound a bit wrong... lol:lol:

just an update, as soon as i get back from holiday, a set of defi gauges,with the control box (boost and oil oilpressure) will be ordered...

If you don't want to spend the cash on Defi's then speak to R-spec. (trader on MLR) they make and fit there own gauges :)

Obviously my Ralliart ones are the muts nuts, considering they are made by defi, but we can't all have perfection :)

Harv - How do you have to drive to drive off boost, where does it come in? Or can you just lay off WOT, like VTEC.

Back