• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My JRSC JDM Civic Type R ... 308.1 bhp ... Bride & takata's on 17

With the JDM EP3 having a higher compression ratio to the UKDM, will this have a side affect on the oil temp??.ie, get hotter quicker??

I know a lot of FI K20's go pop and is the reason down to teh higher compression ratios?

Yup, we have already talked about this, with regards to tuners saying it will be ok.. of course they will :)

But I will tell you now, one of the tuners you mentioned wadkins is totally 'not for' the JRSC ;)

Looking very nice mate.

Had better watch that Mugen Splitter though, i don't have mine lowered and i still scrape!!

So that SC will just go straight on? Do you not need anything else? (apart from the oil cooler debate)

As Ian says mine was close to 120c after 15 mins or so hard driving at Rockingham. I actually backed off a bit just to let it cool down. That was on a cold March day maybe 6degrees ambient temp.

Glad i bought that Oil Cooler now!:p

The other thing i found with the jrsc in summer is it gets frighteningly hot after a good workout, i'm not just talking warm i mean burn your hand off hot.:eek:

I would suggest getting the rsx jrsc which you can mount an aftercooler to, they have proven to bring down intake temps in the us.

i was looking into a s/c for mine and would only go for the rotex stage 2. but the cost is a fortune cost of the kit, getting it mapped, plus engine oil cooler and bigger radiator thats with out labour as i would fit it myself!

With fitting the JRSC im definately looking at fitting a seperate oil cooler. Along with some DEFI gauges just to keep check on the temperatures.

I dont think ill do any track days, so with driving around on roads it wont get as hot as it would as being on track (i think)

Do you mind me asking how much you got the JRSC for? Or was it a lucky find on ebay or something similar?

The Beaks tie bar looks awesome! I want one badly :( If u don't mind me asking, where did u purchase this?

I was under the impression a good SC would cost you upwards of £1,500. That's hardly tightness :lol:

Car looks really nice, although not sure about the wheel colour.

Forgive my ignorance but what is this?

008.jpg

I took my flare out when I took delivery of my DC5 fresh from Japan, was not too comfortable with the thought of a pyrotechnic sitting in the footwell!

whats the flare all about? incase you drive into the grand union canal and need to summon the RNLI?

The JDM roadside flare is the equivalent of a warning triangle......you just put it on the ground, it doesn't shoot up anywhere!

Flares are illegal to keep in your car in the UK by the way, classed as a firearm, if you get caight you will get in trouble.

Back