• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My S15

Lai (Mugen Girl) sold her S15 pretty quickly I think. Not sure of the price but I can ask her where if you're dead set on it?

I'm with the rest though, give it another few months at least.

Torque had a real rare FD at the auctions this week. Blackberry Pearl (?) colour I think it was. TE37's, Mugen system, FEELS mani, Endless front calipers and Project Mu 3 piece disks, Mugen Coilovers etc etc. think it was £16k start price. I'll try and find the link.

As others have said, surely it's worth keeping hold of until you've had chance to give it a proper go in decent weather. It's already started getting a lot dryer and warmer.

It seems that a lot of people sell a Honda, buy powerful boosted cars and then return to the Hondas. Must say something for them. It's a shame as your S15 is lovely.

Sticky callipers are the worst, It just so happened I had this issue the same day I saw your post, so type R's are not impervious! lol.

So you buy your first RWD car as the weather starts getting bad, and now that it's starting to get good again you're putting it up for sale?

Why? Because Honda's have better wheel weights? I don't get it. :lol:

At least enjoy it over the summer, get to learn the car, learn RWD then re-evaluate.

Then its winter again and i cant sell the car and stuck with a car that wont get me work. I then have to start taking sick days or buy a sh*tter to get me work and back. Which then makes the S15 a summer car, which is a pointless waste of my money IMO.

I understand what everyone is saying but RWD do not suit my driving style, i didn't know this as ive never owned one. I have now and its not for me.
Im wasting money on a car im not getting real enjoyment out of. Whats the point in that? May as well buy a BMW and sit with the rest of the tupperware brigade.

I want to drive a car and get enjoyment out of it, hitting corners at speed is exciting. Boosting in a straight line and trying to out do a big german motor is boring. The fun is in the B roads.

The DC5 excels in that and so does the FD2. Whats wrong with going back to what i know?
The S15 is great in everyones head but try and go around a corner at speed and you'll end up in a wreck. Everyone loves the romantic image of drifting around the lanes but in reality theres no room to do it and you'll end up in a hedge or an oncoming car.

You guys are obsessed with the cars i buy :lol:

You guys are obsessed with the cars i buy :lol:

Certain people are obsessed with your choice of car because they are obsessed with everything everyone does with their car. If it doesn't fit their little cookie cutter perfect view, they will either slag it off because of the way you mod it, or moan when you don't want it any more. It's your car Mark, do with it what you will. You tried the RWD thing, you didn't like it, so move on to the next one. A DC5 is a great car that you already know, the FD is the next step up the ladder.

Certain people are obsessed with your choice of car because they are obsessed with everything everyone does with their car. If it doesn't fit their little cookie cutter perfect view, they will either slag it off because of the way you mod it, or moan when you don't want it any more. It's your car Mark, do with it what you will. You tried the RWD thing, you didn't like it, so move on to the next one. A DC5 is a great car that you already know, the FD is the next step up the ladder.

Thanks Jenks

If its because people care about me and don't want to see me lose out, then im humble that someone gives a sh*t about me.
If anyone wants to go and check the prices of these cars on PH, im sure you'll be hard pressed to find a S15 with 42k on the clock in the country. I'll get my money back shy of £500. The problem is finding the buyer.

Im on no rush, i can wait. Someone is out there waiting for a low mileage S15 but cant be arsed with importing.

They get a private plate and a GM in the deal too

You could have his and hers DC5s with the price of some already over here. :oops:

A DC5 did cross my mind but the thought of paying £10k to get a 10 year old one into the country swung it. £3k more got me a 6 year old car with some mods already done.

Personally, I could of got another FN2 and the change would have put it to not far off what I'd done with my last one, but I don't do having the same car again if I can help it, though everyone is different.

For the record, I didn't want you losing $$$ without giving it a chance, though I can appreciate the not being able to get into work thing. However if you're not going to lose that much money fill your boots.

I lost £800 in 9 months in the Scooby, best I've managed that...

Because you and Sam are so solid, this whole debacle since you originally thought you didn't love DC5s anymore and spread your oats throughout the virtual nightclub of other marques available has been your mid life affair.

You'd just better pray that DC5s haven't moved on.

You disgust me. I wouldn't take you back if I was Honda.

I think it takes a lot in this macho, we all think we are driving gods society to say"you know what, I can’t drive that car as I’d like, It just doesn’t suit my style" So well done for deciding to sell after such a short time. If it isn’t for you then why put off the decision. To be honest, i'm used to rearwheel drive because of my association with old fords, but i don’t think I’d want to live with one as an everyday car.

But I have to agree with Loxy, I would never go back to a car i've already had. It's about moving on and finding the next thrill. Abit like women,i'd never go back to any of my ex's........Except Laura, I'd go back to her,but she was filth so that’s perfectly acceptable.

That's not a bad loss John. Lowest I lost was the ST and that was just under £750 by trading in with Torque.
Mark, would you be after a facelift or pre facelift car? My personal choice would be a PFL, but I know it's hard to find low mileage ones now unless you get a search done in Japan for an immaculate car, but then it bumps the price. I can understand you going back to a DC, I remember you saying when I got mine, it would be the best car I've ever owned and you were not wrong. Every day it puts a smile on my face. I won't say it hasn't had it's teething problems, but they've been issue that are easily sorted and parts that are classed as consumables.
Now it's at the point where I'm nearly finished with the exterior, I know some people don't like what I've done, and if that's the case, they're going to hate the next plan, but fcuk 'em, my car, my rules. Interior is the next point, then KPro and possibly something wild in the engine department.
I think the S will shift quick, at the moment there's a massive resurrection of RWD cars, especially in younger lads trying to get hold of the all sainted S Chassis motors. One problem is, they tend to get wrapped around trees quickly, but once the money is in your hand, then that's not your problem is it?

Loxy - I'm leaving it up to Andy. If he can get me a newer FL DC5 or a older FD2 with low miles then I'll be down for whatever.

Rodan or Roman as my spell check calls you - Honda will have me back, she knows I'm good for it. I've made a few mistakes on the way but I realise now that she's the one for me. Those other cars meant nothing to me. She's the one I want.
Prelude took you back, you got her some new shoes and a soapy bubble bath. Then a wax massage. You're all good

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

anglia105 & a type R;1216454[COLOR=#222222 said:
]Abit like women,i'd never go back to any of my ex's........Except Laura, I'd go back to her,but she was filth so that’s perfectly acceptable.

:smt043

At least you can now say you've done the boost 4wd (X) and rwd (s15) thing.

I do hope you manage to sell easy enough though. Even with the low miles, as you've said it will o my appeal to a specific type of buyer.

Cheers for the comments.
Jenks - I like the FL, it looks a lot smoother and fresher.
Now im just going to prepare a lovely cheese pizza and wait for the flames. Hopefully it won't burn.

Gave her a clean today and then stuck her on here -- Click

Im not expecting it to sell really quickly so may as well start advertising now

Back