• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My S15

215 on the rear?! no wonder it was trying to break free all the time, my S2K has 245 on the back and that's kicked out a few times.

I have the same attitude as you though. I've had it nearly 2 months now, it's my first RWD, and I still don't go into corners with much speed for fear of c*cking it up and ending in a ditch!

Yep, it came with 215's all around.

I'm gaining more confidence as the guys at work are starting to moan at me for overtaking them while they do 40mph on a country road but I'm still not 100% with it.

The instant I drove the wife's ATR I was fully confident with it.

I like the "safeness" of fwd and awd. Rwd requires effort and sometimes I just couldn't be bothered.

This is why my first foray in RWD will be in sheddy MX5 that I don't care about crashing.

This is why my first foray in RWD will be in sheddy MX5 that I don't care about crashing.

Approve.

Mine was a e36 325i coupe. Good god that was enjoyable.

Then em the switchable 2/4wd jimny. Snow/ice = POOWWWWWWER SLIDE!

Mx5 1.8 + wet roads = shake dat ass

Sims should just learn to respect the throttle pedal. Fag. :lol:

Put her up on MLR

Starting to really like this car, having doubts on selling but i know come winter i'll need to buy another car.
See what happens.

Had this email from a guy on sxoc, he has over 300 posts and an S14

Hi,

I recently found your thread regarding the S15. I would be very much interested in buying it, as I'm aching for an S15 for a while.

The only difficulty is: I live in Hungary, where it's not the easiest to register a car with RHD.
I only would like to ask for 2 things:
- could you please scan and send the auction papers to me?
- could you please also scan and send the papers of the car to me (I'm not entirely sure how it's called in english, the paper that has all the details of the car and it permits you to drive it on the road). As I need to show this at the office responsible for car registrations. If they say yes, I'll ask you a couple of other questions as well, but without this, it would be too early to bother you.

My mail address is: [email protected], or you can just send the pictures here in a PM.

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

Kind regards from Hungary
István

My reply

Hi

I don't mind sending you the auction sheet but I'm wary about sending the V5 registration document due to fraud reasons.
I could send you the MOT certificate which says the car is legal for the UK roads?

Thanks
Mark

His reply

Hi Mark,

I understand your concern.
Lets do the auction sheet and the MOT certificate. I'll ask as around, if the MOT cert. is any use (the auction sheet is just for me). If not, you could just blank out the details on the V5 registration document, which would allow me to make a make a fraud. But I'll try first the above mentioned documents, and we'll see. We can do it either here in a PM, or via email: [email protected]

Thank you very much in advance!

Kind regards
István

What do you think?

And if yes, what should I block out on the V5? Could be a LIETARD

Chassis number, reg number, V5 serial number and your address on the V5.

Hungary...

Ask him for a scan of his bank statement first.

One thing that bugs me is that if he's got an S14 already, surely it would have been the same procedure to get that into Hungary? Do they not have the equivalent of SVA docs other there? One doc for all the same model?

Tbh I'm half tempted to keep the car and get a ******* for winter. The thought of messing about like this puts me off selling.
If it was a quick easy sale I wouldn't mind to let it go.

I've had 5 cars imported into the UK and I wouldn't have the first clue how to go about doing it myself :)
I'd blank out all the things stated above and anything else you feel is important.

I wouldnt risk this mate your s15 is awesome keep it and get a banger, if I had the money I would buy it as I love the s15's.

Tbh I'm half tempted to keep the car and get a ******* for winter. The thought of messing about like this puts me off selling.
If it was a quick easy sale I wouldn't mind to let it go.

Isn't this defeating your object of using it as a daily though ? Is the car priced accordingly ? Sometimes if you want to shift a car you need to make it cheaper/on par with what is currently out there.

Isn't this defeating your object of using it as a daily though ? Is the car priced accordingly ? Sometimes if you want to shift a car you need to make it cheaper/on par with what is currently out there.

This is is my only problem.
My cars should really get me to work all year round no matter what. The S15 struggles during winter but since the new tyres has got a lot better in the wet.

As for the market value, it's hard to put a figure on it. If you look on PH you can pick up a 60-70k mileage one for the same price. So mine is cheap but you can import one for an extra £1k.

The difference is the buyers are few and far between for the S15. Everyone likes the car and wants one but nobody really buys.

Walkden has told me it's a slow process, which I'm prepared for.

Mark, have you got in touch with Darren at Torque? They can sell the car for you and only charge a small commission. Porthos on Dc5 forum did this with his Teg and it sold in a very short time.

Back