• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My S15

You're problem is that you keep comparing it to the DC5 when you shouldn't as they're completely different types of car (apart from the fact they're both two door).

Unfortunately you've bought a very specific car that very few have heard of (unless you point out it's the one that got smashed up in Tokyo Drift lol), and to boot it's in the top end of the market for a drifty drifty car, when you can get S13s/S14s for much cheaper.

You'll either have to hang on to it for a while waiting for the right buyer or take a massive hit on the sale price.....if it's the latter, I have always liked the Silvia :lol: ;)

I think they're more similar than that really. What could you do with an integra that you couldn't with a silvia, in normal everyday life? They're both reasonably practical 2+2s, two doors, boot, JDMness, tuner friendly, I'd has at similar stock performance around a track, not significantly dissimilar costs new or used, similar age... Suffice to say I think my girlfriend would confuse them both :lol: I grant you there are notable differences in power and delivery and drivetrain etc.

Quite reasonable to be missing the Teg. Maybe it was basically the same car to you... Just better?

(I'd still have the silvia)

I think those similarities could also apply to a Civic Type R as well though :lol: (barring the second hand market) Also I've seen clean DC5s go for £7-8k, Mark's S15 is well over £10k.

I honestly think they're completely different animals, I would say a DC5 is more track orientated compared to the Silvia, which is probably why he's too pussy to push it :lol:

I agree though, I'd rather the Silvia but it all depends what you want from your car and what you're using it for.

Ask Walkden, he said the same as me. The S15 feels the same as a Teg but the S15 has a little boot and the rear seats are none existent.

It's basically a 2 seater with a great parcel shelf, not ideal when I may have to have the family in it.
Everything else is nearly the same apart from insurance which is more and power which is more but overall the DC5 comes out on top as an all rounder. It ticked every box for me.
The S15 is a close second and if it takes ages to sell, I'm not fussed.

This car is lush.

Hurry up and sell it so I can forget about it.

Or, get some coilovers, wheels and keep it clean and smooth.

Stunning car, great colour too.

This car is lush.

Hurry up and sell it so I can forget about it.

Or, get some coilovers, wheels and keep it clean and smooth.

Stunning car, great colour too.

Cheers Suits.

If I had the cash the wheels would be changed and I'd be keeping it.
However, all our money is going into a holiday and I've got minimum saved. On the plus side, there is a mod shop about 10 mins drive from the hotel. They sell lots of nice wheels.
If I could just sort out delivery to the uk I'd make a big enough saving that can't be ignored.

Small update.

I decided to buy an Ultra Racing strut brace, i know they dont do a great deal but every little helps.

Cheers lads.
Heard the wife laughing after I fitted it as theres a sticker on it saying 2 points. Obviously 2 point fitting.
She said I only get 2 JDM points because it's made in Malaysia.

I lol'd :lol:

Dem points!

This is what I'm hoping they will do. Won't know until I get there. I'd rather the face to face chat, also "look at my wife's boobs". Discount?

If you bought them yourself and shipped them yourself you could declare them as a gift to your parents or friends house lol

Changing things on a car to get it to what you want will make a huge difference to it, it's clean and those changes you plan will make a dramatic difference imo

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

So she's been serviced and motted!

and the car has been done as well :lol:

All ok, just advisorys on the front tyres (3mm) and rear pads are starting to show signs of wear. Said there's roughly 3000 miles on them.

Other than hang that she's in good health. Also the guy at the garage said the MOT tester said it was a lovely clean car. I lol'd!

This is the dilemma, do it now IF I can get it cleaned and new, better pictures but I'm on holiday in 2 weeks. Which means I'm unavailable for half the advert, or just wait till after the holiday?

Think I might wait.

Have you seen the FD2 for sale on Torque Imports site?
Its got the suitably low miles you like and I think its their MD's car IIRC

Back