• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

N77's 30th ANNIVERSARY EP3 TYPE R

So got the dash all fitted including solid shifter bushes. Found fitting them a lot easier to fit with all the dash out and centre console. Fitted the Skunk2 gear knob and cleaned it all up.

Then tackled the engine bay to change it up a bit.

Fitted a black flush mount spark plug cover, crinkle black iVtec cover, red earth kit and replaced some rusty and nasty looking bolts on the air box.

Also gave it a quick clean ready for Honda meet on Sunday, now back in the garage safe and sound, and keep it away from this freezing weather :)

Ran out of Autobrite Directs Just the Tonic though so have a couple of tar spots I need removing still, will have to hunt a stockist down...

Bottom 2 solid bushes in, just top 2 to go...

IMAG1613_zpsalxopjdw.jpg

IMAG1614_zps9k8y485o.jpg

Dash all fitted back with the Skunk2 gearknob going well with the new dash IMO

IMAG1617_zpsdxesvpev.jpg

IMAG1620_zpsnj0oqfja.jpg

Replacement screws in the airbox, also a couple of bolts on the left have been replaced as the old ones had gone rusty...

IMAG1626_zpssr4aghuj.jpg

And overview of engine bay with earthing kit, spark plug and intake cover all fitted :)

IMAG1627_zps7d7nhpev.jpg

IMAG1630_zpsyle9ejex.jpg

And all cleaned just going back into the garage for the night...

IMAG1631_zpsimobwiao.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Got the side vent covers on today to finish it off for now, need to find somewhere to do my handle covers now to match :)

IMAG1632_zpstlm2oq0l.jpg

IMAG1633_zpsefcpsrub.jpg

This EP3 is amazing. I thought I was a little bit OCD but you're something else N77 haha! Where did you get those carbon side vents from? I also need the little stickers like jimbo, can't find them anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the centre console from a member on CTRO and he gave me the matching vents, as far as I know they are part of the kit that Honda sold originally.

The stickers were already on so it all looks oem.

I'm sure a graphics place would be able to replicate some though

Wow this must be the cleanest ep3 I have seen its a credit to you.

Which earthing kid did you get? did you notice any difference?

As above on the vent covers, they were part of the OEM kit so no idea now lol

Only pic I got of my own car at Mimms meet, took a photo of everyone else's apart from my own :lol:

IMG_0646_zpsh8jgvjk3.jpg

hi mate the spark cover its just the 2 bolts what hold it on, is it fine? and where can i get those vent covers

hi mate the spark cover its just the 2 bolts what hold it on, is it fine? and where can i get those vent covers
Yeah just 2 bolts, you do have to get a couple of normal bolts that hold the coil packs in so it fits flush but otherwise as easy as that.

No idea on vent covers, I got them used with the OEM dash kit so no idea who makes them now :(

So been a bit quiet but it's too cold to mess with anything now

Got a couple of things to do once the weather is better but it's hibernation time now so away for winter but treated it to a service with my favourite oil now in (Fuchs titan race), new iridium spark plugs, refreshed gear box oil, new filter and a clean bill of health :)

Also got my Progress ARB fitted at the same time, I bought it used and was not given the bolts, which we found out are required as they are longer. Huge thanks to Dan at HondaHQ who managed to find some in his stash of Honda parts from an eg that fitted, so now all done and looking like it should be there in the black stone chip I painted it all in :)

All done for now but it will be back in April for the first show of the year :)

A couple of pics while in for service and ARB fitted.

IMAG1704_zps8o9ucfrs.jpg

IMAG1706_zpsttmgmghs.jpg

nice fella is that the JDM rear roll bar?
You didnt read the post and just looked at the pics didnt you

Its the Progress ARB set up incoporating the tie bar. I believe its 24mm as well, think the JDM is 22mm?

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk

Inspiration for mine this is :)

Have you noticed much of a difference with the Progress ARB installed compared to standard?

Inspiration for mine this is :)

Have you noticed much of a difference with the Progress ARB installed compared to standard?
Since having it fitted, all o have driven is to the Mrs and back on the motorway, then the car has been off the road for winter. Will be back on next month ready for japfest so will confirm then :)

I used to have the JDM one on my previous type r and that with some Tein springs and FRSU was sorted, has it just right for me but on this I don't really want to mess with too much.

Trying to get some coilovers sorted on the Cooper S now instead haha

Will keep an eye out. Good idea keeping it away from the salt this time of year.

Haha good luck with the Copper. :)

So it will be back on the road from tomorrow, can't wait to go out and give it a blast :)

A present for it as well once I can get it assigned :)

IMAG1997_zpsarw79zwy.jpg

And surrounds

IMAG1999_zps87sscbn3.jpg

Back