• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

new CR-X? Updated: CR-Z

Saw my first CR-Z in the flesh at work last night, it was parked up waiting to be loaded onto a boat heading to the channel islands.

Was gonna get a picture but time I got back to take one it had been loaded.:mad:

Was in white and it did look pretty nice!

New advert for CR-Z.

I thought it was an advert for 3D TV when I first saw it. I know what they are saying, three ways to see things, three ways to drive, Sport/Normal/Econ but it is not the best advert Honda have a made if I'm honest...

(Best watched in 720p obviously but gives the colour effect that Honda were going for)
[video=youtube;VvLYf8lX0O4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvLYf8lX0O4[/video]

New CRZ advert...

Has anyone seen this? Im not talking about the one where the car drives through the snowy hills, the new one just out that shows the 3 driving modes of the upcoming motor.

Have you thought that it looks weird, the way its filmed, using green, blue and red filters? Well i thought to myself this evening....'is it?' lets see.... Yup, it was!!! the advert is broadcast in 3D!!!! :cool: Ok not fancy 3D, but the type that uses those crappy cardboard ones. My glasses game from that 3D week channel 4 did a while ago, but other ones may work better, try it and see! :twisted:

Had a look around one in the showroom on Friday. I'm not sure about the pricing in Blighty, but they start at 22k Euros here.
And 26k Euro for the GT. Its only another 2k for the FN2 GT! Madness!

Its a lot of money for not much car. I appreciate the technology and all that, but surely they would have considered pricing it at a level that is within the means of the hippies?

Saw one of these in Loughton on display under a Honda marquee. Did really like the look of it.

They guy was suggesting that to get round emissions they were possibly looking at dropping the Type R brand and they will be all classified as Mugen Honda & therefore a different brand so doesn't hit the company on emissions.

If it's eco friendly what are the tax exemptions?
Maybe they are hoping that people will look at savings over a set number of years to justify the cost of the technology.

Saw one of these in Loughton on display under a Honda marquee. Did really like the look of it.

They guy was suggesting that to get round emissions they were possibly looking at dropping the Type R brand and they will be all classified as Mugen Honda & therefore a different brand so doesn't hit the company on emissions.

Emissions are emissions. Calling it a Type R or a Mugen won't get round how much CO2 it shoves out of the back. Calling them Mugen is more likely so they can get away with them being solely a pimped up version of the normal car with no real performance upgrade.

Shots of the Mugen CR-Z from Japan so far just indicate front and rear bumpers, grill, spoiler, cat back exhaust, brakes and suspension. Nothing that would overly affect the fuel economy of the car.

If it's eco friendly what are the tax exemptions?
Maybe they are hoping that people will look at savings over a set number of years to justify the cost of the technology.

CR-Z in UK is £35 a year road tax giving 117g/km of CO2.

http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/cr-z/#fullspecification

Emissions are emissions. Calling it a Type R or a Mugen won't get round how much CO2 it shoves out of the back. Calling them Mugen is more likely so they can get away with them being solely a pimped up version of the normal car with no real performance upgrade.

Shots of the Mugen CR-Z from Japan so far just indicate front and rear bumpers, grill, spoiler, cat back exhaust, brakes and suspension. Nothing that would overly affect the fuel economy of the car.

CR-Z in UK is £35 a year road tax giving 117g/km of CO2.

http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/cr-z/#fullspecification

Each manufaturer has a emissions target to hit. if its a Mugen Honda it'll technically be a different manufacturer and therefore won't impact on their emissions. (this is what i've been told!)

That sounds unlikely to me. I believe the emissions standards/grades are set by the government, for all manufacturers.

That sounds unlikely to me. I believe the emissions standards/grades are set by the government, for all manufacturers.

I think what C4DOC means is that if Honda do not make a Type R high emissions car, they they will be able to advertise themselves as a responsible low emissions vehicle manufacturer and maybe get tax breaks.

Then who cares about that high emissions Mugen car, because that's not Honda, it's a different company.

It's all good.

Honda CR-Z?

Saw one of these in White go past me on the motorway on Sunday night........looked pretty good, and i think has loads of potential to look good, but aint these hybrids or something.......surely someone should do a K20A swap?! lol.

Honda-CR-Z-Concept-Front-Side-View.jpg

Mugen version:

Mugen-Honda-CR-Z-6.jpg

sacarfan-mugen-honda-cr-z-6.jpg

i've seen a white one about, looks nice but needs more power to get me interested lol cant you just upgrade the electric motor to a bigger one???

I came up in my rear view mirror.......i was like WTF is that?!

Went past me, it must have been doing at 95mph.

Battery powered VTEC......that will = VTECH lmao!

Will be interesting how much one of these would cost when the bog standard CRZ is priced between 16-20k.

As long as it has an electric motor it'll be pants.
If it does go 1.6 FI it'll open the car to a much younger audience imo.

[video=youtube;PAqGYP2AXjQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAqGYP2AXjQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

O hai.

Would be even better if we could hear it running. :twisted:

Back