• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

new CR-X? Updated: CR-Z

Prices announced!!

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/new-models/2010-03/honda-announces-cr-z-prices

Only available as a 2+2 in the UK, the CR-Z will come in three trim levels: S, Sport and GT. All CR-Zs include climate control, CDF stereo, ESP, six airbags and active headrests, and the £16,999 S comes with electric windows, daytime running lights, and a Shift Indicator Light to tell the driver when is best to change gear for maximum economy.

The Sport costs £17,999 and has ambient lighting, alloy foot pedals, parking sensors, cruise control, privacy glass and a USB port for MP3 players. At £19,999, the top spec GT has leather upholstery and heated front seats, Xenon headlights and a panoramic sunroof. Satellite navigation is also an option with the GT version.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's about time I learnt some Japanese.

[video=youtube;xp7Tu-WjE-Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp7Tu-WjE-Q[/video]

Pictures and info from Honda Media Website. Says for immediate release on 2/3/10 so I can't see any problem me putting it up...

Prices start from £16,999 (OTR)

• Available to order from Honda dealers this week
• First cars delivered in June
• Three grades with high specification levels
• Low monthly PCP offers expected

Honda (UK) has announced competitive new pricing and an impressive specification for its new CR-Z hybrid coupe, which customers can order through the Honda dealer network from this Friday, 5 March.

The CR-Z is the world’s first sporty hybrid coupe; a great looking car that’s exciting to drive and has all the benefits of advanced, low emission hybrid technology.

As well as Honda’s petrol-electric IMA system, the car features three driving modes, which allows the driver to adapt the settings of the car to suit their needs – to maximise economy or to dash in and out of traffic, for example.

Pricing
CR-Z S £16,999
CR-Z Sport £17,999
CR-Z GT £19,999

Equipment
The CR-Z boasts a generous specification with all grades benefitting from six airbags, active headrests, Vehicle Stability Assist. All models also come fitted with Climate Control, 6-speaker CD player and an engine start button.
S grades get heated door mirrors, rear dimming mirror, electric windows, daytime running lights, Shift Indicator Light (SIL) and auxilliary socket. Meanwhile, Sport grades have additional ambient lighting, alloy pedals, cruise control, leather gear shift, multi function steering wheel, parking sensors, privacy glass, 240W premium audio system, boot-mounted subwoofer and USB port for MP3 players.

Top grade GT models are equipped with the above, plus full leather upholstery and heated front seats, panoramic glass roof, HID Xenon headlights, Hands-Free Telephone (HFT), and automatic headlights and wipers. GT models are available with optional DVD Satellite Navigation.

-Ends-

Notes to editor:

The CR-Z made its European debut today at the Geneva Motor Show.

Other features:
• Wide track, short wheelbase chassis for agile and responsive handling
• Sporty, aerodynamic, 2+2 coupe form
• 1.5 litre i-VTEC engine coupled to Honda IMA hybrid system
• Emissions of 117 g/km** and fuel economy of 56.4mpg**
• Flexible 2+2 seating arrangement in European models only
• Day-time running lights (DTRLs) with eight LEDs that bring out the lower line of the sweeping headlights, exclusive to European models

**EU Combined cycle. All figures preliminary and are subject to homologation.

CR-Z_Low_Front.jpg

2XA_3ModeDrive_final.jpg

13152_CR-Z_Interior.jpg

CR-Z_Cabin_CMYK.jpg

CR-Z_rear_3_4.jpg

CR-Z_Front_3_4.jpg

Just been to have a nosey around this car at Honda HQ in Slough. In the flesh it looks fantastic. it has a real low, wide and aggressive stance, the interior is great, the seat is comfortable (even though it lacks a bit of side support) and has a great overall feel to the car. The only iffy bit on the looks side for me is the back but I bet it'll grow. I think it'll sell like hot cakes!

24793_341867313892_549228892_3721596_6134634_n.jpg

24793_341865848892_549228892_3721594_967089_n.jpg

24793_341864768892_549228892_3721592_365397_n.jpg

24793_341862263892_549228892_3721590_7254950_n.jpg

24793_341855553892_549228892_3721576_7564401_n.jpg

Will add more tomorrow. :)

BTW, if you want a sneak preview of the car and a chance to be a passenger and add comment to a car review site, look at http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?67260-Who-wants-to-have-a-ride-in-the-new-CR-Z

I think it looks great! Would love to have a nosey! Got any Honda contacts in Aus Chris :p

It looks stunning and I already want one but the boot lid/opening looks tiny and therefore not mountain bike friendly so i'll have to pass... :(

They have made a big thing of the handling being inspired by the Elise on HUK website, so it should do that bit well hopefully.

If it had the raw straight line speed I'd be strarting the persuasion on Jayne. I'll hold off until they either introduce congestion charging in Preston/Lancaster/Manchester or they release a Type R variant...

Did you get to see it with the day-time running lights lit Chris? Just wondered if they suited or if they were a bit four-ringed?

No sorry, but iirc they are LEDs similar to Audi's, back ones are the same. Very bright.

It looks stunning and I already want one but the boot lid/opening looks tiny and therefore not mountain bike friendly so i'll have to pass... :(

No way a bike would fit in. Saying that, the rear bench does fold down. Rear seats are good for a child seat only IMO, no way an adult could comfortably sit in the back.

They have made a big thing of the handling being inspired by the Elise on HUK website, so it should do that bit well hopefully.

If it had the raw straight line speed I'd be strarting the persuasion on Jayne. I'll hold off until they either introduce congestion charging in Preston/Lancaster/Manchester or they release a Type R variant...

During the presentation they mentioned that they had looked at the Mini and the Lotus, those who have driven it have said that it is very chuckable and handles great.

No comment on a Type R version, I did ask! :lol:

So the GT model is the best we're getting for now, then.

Yes.

From the briefing last night, Honda are very keen on this car and they expect it to do well. If it sells, then in a year or so I would fully expect a Type R variant, but the official word at the moment is no.

IMO, if this car does do well, then Honda would be shooting themselves in the foot if they didn't make a hot version.

Yes.

From the briefing last night, Honda are very keen on this car and they expect it to do well. If it sells, then in a year or so I would fully expect a Type R variant, but the official word at the moment is no.

IMO, if this car does do well, then Honda would be shooting themselves in the foot if they didn't make a hot version.

But but but.. I am working on the Type R variant atm.

jesus my eyes, thats awful. designed by a monkey in a dark room with cataracts

[video=youtube;hpMKKzuLLb0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpMKKzuLLb0[/video]

Borrowed from EvoStu off CTRO...

Back