• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Welcome dotty!

Is yours burning a bit then? Must admit not even thought about checking it

Hit the 5k mark this weekend....I said I'd do 10k per year, so need to get my monthly average down, but can't see that happening with spring on the horizon and those little long way drives to get a pint of milk!!!

Thanks a lot. I have had cars that get through quite a bit of oil in the past so wasn’t sure if this was an inordinate amount for such a new car . Not sure how much oil it takes to get from min to max on the dipstick. Should I be concerned that it’s used his much? Cheers.

I'm 6 months in since my service and still on the max mark, I went from weekly checks to monthly as the car doesn't drink oil.

What's the dipstick like on the fk8 on the fk2 it was terrible to read with thin oil, on the fk2 you're looking for a wet sheen rather than a thick blob of oil, it caught a few out when topping up

What's the dipstick like on the fk8
Checked the oil this afternoon while washing my car.
Car has covered 1850 miles from new(by myself) and I have never added any oil. Engine was last run about an hour previously.
Try as I might I couldn't get the dipstick in focus, but you should see what you need to. :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20180204_163700.jpg
    20180204_163700.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 228
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah exactly the same, pain to get an accurate convincing reading,
I purchased a 2nd dipstick for readings and carefully snapped the orange plastic off, I scored where the holes are before hand and then lightly filed a line just above the top hole.
If I can't get a decent reading off the orange one I whip out my 2nd one, keep it in a poster tube in the bottom boot compartment

Unsure if I'm blind or if it can't be done but I find the parking sensor beeps really low volume compared to the fk2, and with the radio up a bit there non existent for me. Has anyone seen a setting in the menus to increase the volume for this?

On the subject of audio, like most factory jobs it's a bit pants. Really want to get a sub into the boot at some stage in it. Has anyone seen a company offering a stealth style enclose at all?

Unsure if I'm blind or if it can't be done but I find the parking sensor beeps really low volume compared to the fk2, and with the radio up a bit there non existent for me. Has anyone seen a setting in the menus to increase the volume for this?

On the subject of audio, like most factory jobs it's a bit pants. Really want to get a sub into the boot at some stage in it. Has anyone seen a company offering a stealth style enclose at all?

my biggest gripe also.....I actually reversed out of a spot into a passing car due to it and simply didn't hear the beeps. Now I just click the Audio power button to turn it off

- How the hell does the unlocking work? My wife's getting pretty fed of me unlocking the car, getting in and her being stood there pulling on a locked passenger door. She says
she's tried pressing the button on the handle. I've tried multiple button press combinations on the key (two, three presses, holding the button down etc) which occasionally works, but sometimes puts all the windows half way down for some reason. Usually I end up leaning across the inside to let her in though.

I'm still having issues with this, wonder if others are having the same?

I've done the thing on the menu many times over (i.e. "Vehicle > Door/Window Setup > Door Unlock Mode > and selected All Doors (not Drivers door only)") and while it worked for few days it's now seem to gone back to only opening the drivers door meaning I have to manually press the unlock button on the fob/or in the door to let wife and child into the car. SWMBO keeps laughing at me for having too many gadgets on the car and gets miffed she's stood like a lemon in the wind/snow/rain waiting for me to let her in the car. :lol:

Just take it to the dealer ally.. the beauty of it being under warranty ;)

Mine works fine - how is your gearbox ? 5>4 ?

I'm still having issues with this, wonder if others are having the same?

I've done the thing on the menu many times over (i.e. "Vehicle > Door/Window Setup > Door Unlock Mode > and selected All Doors (not Drivers door only)") and while it worked for few days it's now seem to gone back to only opening the drivers door meaning I have to manually press the unlock button on the fob/or in the door to let wife and child into the car. SWMBO keeps laughing at me for having too many gadgets on the car and gets miffed she's stood like a lemon in the wind/snow/rain waiting for me to let her in the car. :lol:

Tonight it happened to me in Sainsbury's....had to unlock back door using key fob. Strange as you say has been fine up until now. Will try menu again....

ok sussed it. RTFM helped :)

I had all this time been setting the Vehicle > Door&Window Setup > Key and Remote Unlock Mode to "open all doors". However this means what happens when literally press the button on the Keyfob....the word "Remote" was confusing me into thinking this was also the setting when I simply walk up to the car that it should open all doors.

I needed to select the Vehicle > Keyless Access Setup to set Door Unlock mode to open all doors (was until now set to open drivers door).

What is interesting though is my car doesn't have the Auto-Door Lock/Unlock features on the Vehicle > Door&WindowSetup menu. assume these must be disabled for UK model cars?

Mine works fine - how is your gearbox ? 5>4 ?

been told to try it with Rev Match turned off to see if it improves/makes it worse. will be going in soon to have the Head of Service Chap come out for a ride with me to check it/video it. just hope it plays up at least once or twice when he comes out and it's not one of those gremlins that conveniently disappears when the service guy comes out. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
ok sussed it. RTFM helped :)

I had all this time been setting the Vehicle > Door&Window Setup > Key and Remote Unlock Mode to "open all doors". However this means what happens when literally press the button on the Keyfob....the word "Remote" was confusing me into thinking this was also the setting when I simply walk up to the car that it should open all doors.

I needed to select the Vehicle > Keyless Access Setup to set Door Unlock mode to open all doors (was until now set to open drivers door).

What is interesting though is my car doesn't have the Auto-Door Lock/Unlock features on the Vehicle > Door&WindowSetup menu. assume these must be disabled for UK model cars?

Drivers door only is the default setting. It caught me out on my FK2. Glad you found the options in the menu. You can also click the unlock button twice to release all doors.

How does the shift up backlight thing work?

I thought the red, amber/yellow and green dots are meant to light up the more you rev in gear?

Mine don't do anything, or am I missing how its supposed to work?

I thought mine were broken to.....they only come on after 4.5K revs from memory..

In short, your not giving it enough beans..!

Back