• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Newan's 52 NHB. Type R number 1

couple of new piccies...

ditched the catch tank and had a spring clean...

DSC00213.jpg

DSC00214.jpg

DSC00218.jpg

Gave the car the once over with clay bar etc...

DSC00225.jpg

DSC00224.jpg

DSC00226.jpg

DSC00227.jpg

plate.jpg

and then sadly a stationary BMW X5 came out of nowhere and hit my car at the petrol station.:(

DSC00244.jpg

DSC00240.jpg

DSC00242.jpg

DSC00241.jpg

DSC00239.jpg

next job then is repair the rear end and respray front end also to remove the stone chips, which sadly is going to do away with my coilover money.:mad:

Very nice, sad to see the accident.

'We' just got rid of a NHB rear bumper for peanuts too :(

Very nice, sad to see the accident.

'We' just got rid of a NHB rear bumper for peanuts too :(

always the way...it can be repaired so will just do that I think, all in with the price of the front end tidy-up it comes to 550quid so not too bad.

Nice car, liking the white raer JDM ARB and tie bar. I'll have to do that in teh summer, may go for red though.

Shame about the bump, when it came out of nowhere, did you reverse into it :p :lol: .

Newannaive, I think I had a discussion with you and a few others about the mapping on my car by Artech over on CTRO :eek: .

think I chucked the guy 20quid...Just walk into your local powdercoaters and wave some cash about..:D

Black is normally a good colour for that; managed to get the motorbike frame, wheels and a load of brackets and bits done for a price of a crate of beer. They just ran the bits through with a large industrial job they were doing. :cool:

Bad times about the bump. I bet it will bug you until it's sorted too. I know that's how I felt.

exactly right jermal dude...been out for a good b-road blat tonight and I still love it even though it has a wonky arse..:p

Someone has asked me how the engine clean up was done so thought I would put a bit of info in here for anyone else interested in cleaning up their engine without spraying any water about...

no hose pipe, no steam cleaner...

products used are -

WD40
Megauirs All Purpose Cleaner..(apc)
Autoglym Shampoo
Autoglym plastic and vinyl care
Meguairs Carnuba wax
2 or 3 different sized sponges
5 or 6 different sized brushes, from wheel cleaning brush to paint brushes to toothbrush
2 buckets of cold water....keep

Before you start cleaning go round the entire engine bay spraying wd40 on all the electical contacts and/or exposed wiring...if these areas get wet during the clean spray them again...wd40 displaces water and will help keep things free from water...a bit.

The megs apc is mixed 4:1 with cold water in a small spray bottle
The car shampoo is mixed very weak with cold water in a 5l pump sprayer, this is just for rinsing off the areas around the engine itself.

Work a small area at a time, and when I say small the rocker cover is done in about 3 stages...spray on the megs apc solution, agitate with a brush, wipe off with a wet sponge squeezing the sponge out in one bucket oif cold water and re-moistening it in the other bucket, this will keep the second bucket nice and clean. Once it has been wiped clean if it is still not clean enough for your OCD then repeat...

The underside of the bonnet, top of bumper/grill and strut tops can be waxed with the carnuba wax, very easy stuff to use.............in the words of the great myagi...wipe on - wipe off..

You should be able to do the whole engine bay in about 3hrs.

Back