• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

NYA's DC5**Couple Of Photos, before the update later this week**

Nick, you never know mate, I may just take you up on that offer :lol:

Karl, I know I'll be back in a Honda, it's inevitable, I just think while I can afford to do it, I will take the opportunity. And I know what you mean about stripping parts, yours has so many tasty parts on it, I think people are scared to pay the prices or think they can get better for less and we all know, with some of the JDM goodies you have, that's never gonna happen.

Mark, S13 is off the cards tbh mate. At the moment the Nissan S Chassis tax is way too high on them. It may well be a Datsun of some sort though :lol:;)

You've seen my FB lately Craig, so you can probably appreciate more than some where I'm headed and why I'm going in that direction. The drifter in me has been fed a few small snacks in the form of the Lolvo, but now it wants more than Scooby snacks, it wants a full on Shaggy burger with all the toppings. My plan will be to get the Teg gone and use some of the money to but a decent RWD boosted car, while building up a NA RWD car I've been offered, and at the price I've been offered it, I'd be an idiot to not take the deal. Needless to say, both cars I'm looking at will be Jap but two completely different beasts.

I'm excited already :). Hondas are great but so is other stuff , and sliding around like an otter on crack appeals to me at a very deep seated level !

sent from the boss droid

That's about the crux of it, a lot of people don't have any idea of the quality of what I'm selling; and thus, think my prices are mental. I just reply with "get a quote for it new, and then tell me I'm charging too much"...

Best way to be I think bud. You can always get a cheap copy, but you'll never get a cheap original.

So with Dottys suggestion ringing in my ear, I've booked an Airfield Day at one of the local places. They usually do drag and drift days, but this time they're adding in a small track section. So this could be the fork in the road for the car. If I enjoy it, then maybe that will make keep the car and prepare it for more track duties. If I don't enjoy the day, then it's gone and boost is replacing it. The short list so far is-

Nissan S14A with at least Stage 2 Tuning.
FD3 RX7 Turbo with just mild tuning and possibly single turbo conversion.
FC RX7 again with mild tuning and a Turbo lump instead of NA.
Twin Turbo Supra.
JZX100 Chaser, preferably with a 1JZ or 2JZ lump.
Soarer as above with 1/2JZ.

It depends what tickles your pickle Darren. If you've got the drift bug, then track days aren't going to cut it IMHO.

Good to see that you're giving it a go though. :smt023

I always thought rotary engines needed real looking after and could up needing huge sums thrown at them

I always thought rotary engines needed real looking after and could up needing huge sums thrown at them

Not particularly, depends on how well they've been treated. A Rotary is not that much different to a normal engine, it just needs oil and water to survive. My mates NA FC RX is a beast, he thrashes the living bejesus out of it most weekends and it still comes back for more. I know a boosted one would be a different thing entirely, but you just need to treat them well. The only thing that's a pain is the rotor tips, but even that isn't that difficult a job as some make out.

It depends what tickles your pickle Darren. If you've got the drift bug, then track days aren't going to cut it IMHO.

Good to see that you're giving it a go though. :smt023

TBH John, even if the drift bug has bitten, I can satisfy that quite easily. I think the thing at the moment, is I'm feeling underpowered in the Teg, especially as I've been treated to some epic PX rides in my mates R33 drifter. It's got 650ish BHP at the wheels with over 750lbs torque and because of the way it has been setup, it all comes in at 3000rpm. It's scary how quick it is sideways, and in a straight line, it's eye wateringly fast.
I'm hoping the Airfield day, will prove to me how quick the Teg is, less in a straight line, and more around the twists. It's okay going for a B Road thrash, but even there you have other cars to consider. At least this way, I can go full bore and not be too concerned about people coming in an opposite direction, unless they've spun lol

The power is all well and good, but then you get bored of it. Coming out of bends looking at the speedo and realising you're doing 120+, or racing cars to stupid speed for the sake of it either ends in accidents/death or points/ban.

Do what you need to do, but I think you'll soon realise you can have fun in cars without needing big horsepower.

Oh and not to forget R32 GTR or R33 GT?? Depending on price for the 33.

32s and 33s are pretty much the same price mate, good 32s are hard to find though... If you buy in the UK, you absolutely must get under the car and check the chassis for rust. The UK 33 I test drove was crusty as fcuk, looked about ready to disintegrate in a stiff breeze.

RX7 FTW though, one sexy car.

I get what you mean Chris, I think that's why the airfield day will sort things in my head, I think I've been blinded by power and need to get it out of my system. Chances are I'll still have the Teg come this time next year :lol:

The biggest problem with rotors is keeping the buggers in fuel. Single figure mpg is a easily achieved reality.

What about two wheels? :lol:

I did suggest two wheels to the missus, I'd just need to renew my license as it ran out a couple of years back now. She basically laughed at me. I got offered a friends R6 about 6 months back, he had fine a few weight saving (as if it needs it) mods to it, and was asking a very good mates rate price. Lyns is against me having a road bike as she knows I'm pretty bad on a BMX and Mountain Bike :lol:

I've always loved the RX7 - stunning motor. The reliability is always a concern though, always hear of those engines needing rebuilds. But get one that's recently been done and should be all good. :)
Speaking of RX's and Rotary engines I really like the RX8 as well to be honest. Especially appeals as a cheap entry level RWD car to try out. Probably end up with one some day.

Back