• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

NYA's DC5**Couple Of Photos, before the update later this week**

After much thought, and also a little spending, and some chatting with the iClique, I've decided, I'm never going to better the Teg at the moment. It will be staying for the foreseeable future. I think I've been blinded by raw power, but then realised the limits of that power after a drive out with the very same cars Sunday night, and seeing their limits when in the twists.
The Teg will be going through some changes later this year, bodywork will be getting sorted as it has a few untidy bits, the ECU will be getting swapped out for a K100, Coilovers are going on to make it more focused, a drivers seat will be sourced as mine is battered TBH and finally a surprise will be happening that will transform the car for the better.
Thanks for all the help with the decisions, and as usual to G for the comedy element. I've sort of realised I do have a special car, so why change it?

I can see the attraction of changing but the sheer number of people that do, and end up right back where they left off is an indicator of what would happen to me. That and Rodan's description of cryw*nking into my empty wallet is a pretty big deterrent.

Your DC5 is a nice car. Glad you're keeping it.

Yea, you really should have gone ahead with it. Just think how awesome it would have been to drive around in a RX7...
It'd either be a problem free one which would be great to read about your exploits in and drool over. Or it'd be a massive money pit that broke all the time and we could have all made fun and laughed ;)
It would have been great.

Yeah cheers Nick, as if people on here need a reason to laugh at someone lol.

Anyway, after making the decision to keep I've been on the bay buying little trinkets for the Teg. The list is-

Mishimoto Radiator Hoses in blue
CREE Projector LED sidelights to replace my crappy Halfrauds jobbies
Some HEL braided lines from Integrastella for a silly small amount
And finally, some new Rear ARB Drop Links as one of mine has seen better days

This weekend I need to get my GEO checked as I think one of my rear camber arms may have slipped, and I will get round to putting my bolts up front and getting that setup. Also, any of the above that turn up will go on the car.

Rear camber arm bush or similar is prone to failure IIRC, ask Dotty, I spotted something wrong with his and after he went to TGM something was picked up.

Yay :). Does this mean we can be uber rude snobby dickwads to everyone now Darren :) can we can we pleeeeeeez (serious face)

sent from the boss droid

So found today, camber arms has basically loosened themselves off. I went from a nice 2.25 degrees to 6.3 on the passenger side and 4 on the drivers. Soon got that shiz sorted out. Now running -2.25 both sides again. Also got my bolts up front so running maximum -1.5 degrees on the front, with 3mm toe out either side. It feels planted as hell now. Tested it on the way home from my mates and noticed a 10mph increase through one of the tighter back road corners. Obviously working then haha. Also fitted my CREE sidelights which are really nice and bright with a good solid white tint to them so look way better than the Halfrauds jobbies I had. Gave him a quick clean for the DC5 meet tomorrow at Bristol, nothing special, just a quick dust removal.

Yeah Craig, I was always a rude snobby dickwad anyway hahahah ;)

:D

I also have Cree 6k sidelights, they're really good , I also put them in as number plate and reverse lights.

sent from the boss droid

Yeah man they're superb. The cheapies I had, had a real bad Blue tint to them and I hated them against my HIDS. When I noticed one had blown recently, I went on the search and remembered you chatting on FB about the CREE ones. So I thought I'd give them a go. Might have to get plate and internal ones now.

Yeah it felt slightly unstable to say the least, last time I trust my mates to lock the things up :lol:

Some under bonnet bling. DC Titanium Chassis Brace, meant for the RSX, but it was an absolute steal from Unit8. And my new Spoon Strut Brace, bought today at the Bristol DC5 meet.

syzutety.jpg

Are you sure you don't want a RX7? ;)

[video=youtube_share;mY3tX7L_TfM]http://youtu.be/mY3tX7L_TfM[/video]

Mad Mikes MadBull!!! An absolute beast. I actually preferred it before the Rocket Bunny kit though strangely.

On yeah, and wait till you see what he's done next. The RadBull, a Quad Rotor, twin turbo, MX5!!!

Back