• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

NYA's ST150 **Stanced, Cleaned & Photoed 14/10/12**

I like it, get the ST badge in green too. I bought some black RS badges at Ford Fair and they done them all sorts of colours. Decided against the wing mirrors and spoiler?

The green looks great. Someone down my road has sprayed his lower grell/lip red on his black car and it has grown on me a lot. Maybe you should repray yours green. I know you have just sprayed it but just a thought.

Don't do black, everyone has either black or white. Go with somethnig different.
Photoshop blue wheels on just to see

Cheers for the comments lads. I might try a few different colours tonight just to see what it looks like.

Tone, i know what you mean about black, but nearly every ST that is white, red or blue has black rims, i want something that will stand out from the crowd.;)

Danga, TBH mate i forgot to do the mirror caps and spoiler, i was mainly seeing what the wheels looked like. If i do the wheels lairy, the mirror caps will deffinitley go the same colour, the spoiler will be a last minute decission ;)

Like i say, i'm going to play around with a few more combo's, and i will post a few of the best ones.:D

Wowser... It looks cool - but I don't know if I could go green again (I had them on my FN2).. They do look good - but I did feel a bit weird sat in traffic. If you're intent on the green, tied in with some accessories - it will look cool. I had some Takata harnesses and a few green bits and bobs sprayed in the bay... to try and make it work - and for the most part it did (work).

How about white? If the usual colours are too common?

I think the car looks nice that low (in the green chopped pic)

:)

Cheers Sun, i have a few little things i'm going to colour code on the car eg. Fog Surrounds, Mirror Caps etc. Then i will do a few bits of the plastic under the bonnet, and then a few touches on the interior, just little things really to tie it all together. After the Mini, i swear, i'm never having white rims again, they were a bloody nightmare :lol:
As for the height, we have speed bumps in our village that are like small mountains so i can't go too low, i think the Eibachs are about -35mm, which from what i've seen, gives a nice height without sacrificing too much on the useability of the car. If i can, i may go slightly lower, Apex do a -45mm spring that is supposed to get good reviews. It's gonna be a bit of trial and error really :lol:

Ahhhh... I see - would you be happy to go so lairy on car trim though (i.e fog surrounds/skull-caps/poss. spoiler etc?) to tie it in?

Braces etc., bay trim, and valve cover for sure... Guttsy move if you go with tying the body-work in too. Personally, I'd stick with the colour beneath the bonnet, and the wheels - in case you decide to change wheels at any stage - at least you won't have to worry about changing/spraying the body bits again?

I like green - if lairy is definitely your direction, how about ST Orange though? Very appropriate, and it could produce this sort of combo?

DSCN1497.jpg

The spoiler at the moment is not too big a priority, i may well just leave that white, the Mirror Caps are cheap as chips to replace or respray, and from Ford they come colour coded too, so if i did do them it is not too much of an issue either. The Fog Surrounds would only be the little metal bevel thingymajig and not the complete surround. As for the under bonnet, it is all nasty black/grey plastics so brightening it up would be cool i think. The orange rims do look cool on that EP, the green i have PS'd up is the RS Focus green so it is a Ford colour, but as i say, i'm going to play a bit more with colourways and see if anything else takes my fancy. I just thought green looked so cool on the Ken Block Fiesta that it would be nice to do something loud and lairy for a change. I have always been quite subdued with colours on cars, so i fancy being a bit outrageous for once in my life :lol::lol:

Can't argue with that. :)

Green and Orange both fit the bill and white is a good base colour - most choices/contrast, except for maybe yellow, will look great IMO.

Green is too in your face considering the rest of the car is so subtle. It looks out of place. Having the wheel colour match the stripes you had on the car would have worked better, but that was obviously something you didn't want.

I personally think if you're going to go for green wheels then something else on the car needs to compliment them. Even if it's just green Ford badges for example.

I'm going to get Gel Overlays for the Ford Badges Tone, they come from a company called DMB and you can get any colour combo you want. Don't know wether to go Green Oval with White writing or White Oval with Green writing??
I know what you mean about matching a few little things, i think with the ideas i've got it should all work well together. I know it may be in your face with the look i want, but like i've said, i want to do something away from the norm, i've never been inclined that way before and thought it was time to change up a little ;)

The Mountune stuff is good stuff. Plus you have the backing of it meeting Ford Warranty levels. I might get the CAI kit and there exhaust flexi just to open up a few ponies.

Was referring to the colour scheme more than the gear itself. Always good to keep your warranty though.

Back