• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

NYA's ST150 **Stanced, Cleaned & Photoed 14/10/12**

Sorry to hear that mate. Is a return to Honda on the cards if its not worth the repair bill? Or at least out if the ford ;) ?

Cheers lads. Just on top of sorting things at the moment, got some work shares I may be able to sell that will hopefully cover the repair bill. Looks like a new box is going to be the easiest way out of this and also the most cost effective. Once it's done, I think ill be down to Torque GT to look at trading in.
As I said to Mark on FB, I now understand how he lost his passion for his DC5 when it had been damaged. It kind of tarnishes your view of the car. Small things I can deal with, little niggles don't bother me, but something like this has made me want to take a match to the thing.
The most annoying part is Ford actually know about the issue. Lyns' dad has been in the garage I got it from this morning talking to one of their mechanics, and he stated there is an issue with the fifth gear in the gearbox. It basically shreds the bearing on the diff, which then gives up the ghost. This will either do one of two things, just stop fifth from working, or in the worst case, blow the bottom out of the box. There are some real horror stories out on the forums.
I'll keep you up to date on things, but hopefully it can get sorted quickly, and I can move on from this.

Sorry to hear that buddy. its a shame if that has changed your while view of the car. What do you think you'll be looking at for a next one?

Car > Christmas IMO.

Although I don't think Lyns would approve. :lol: Sorry to hear this Darren, never a good time, but this time of year makes it seem much more stressful.

Onwards and upwards mate.

Darren, if ford know about it, I'd go and seek some good will from them....

If they say no, consumer rights, watchdog... Not fit for purpose etc. how old is it?

Audi have a good will scheme which would mean you only pay about 10% of costs

If you've got to foot the bill speak to m pal Ollie who owns OC Motorsport. Tell him I sent you & he'll sort you out.

My Fiesta broke down so many times, turned into a money pit......it's still sitting in my garage and I can't wait to repair it again lol. The ST is a cracking car and it's only a gearbox, my fiesta has eaten four of them.

Sucks to hear this bud. Hope you get **** sorted relatively pain free.
+1 vote to repairing, selling & getting a DC5 :) May as well make some good from this.

My Fiesta broke down so many times, turned into a money pit......it's still sitting in my garage and I can't wait to repair it again lol. The ST is a cracking car and it's only a gearbox, my fiesta has eaten four of them.

Yeah, sounds a great investment :lol:

Darren, if ford know about it, I'd go and seek some good will from them....

If they say no, consumer rights, watchdog... Not fit for purpose etc. how old is it?

Audi have a good will scheme which would mean you only pay about 10% of costs

I've had it two years now Stu, so the warranty is up. I don't think Ford will really give a toss,they were reluctant to give me the part number earlier as I wasn't buying from them. I know they'll be funny and tbh I'd lose my rag and end up going off the deep end with someone.

Back