• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Oil questions and recommendations here

Hi

Officially a 5w-30 is recommended, but the 5w-40 should also be fine. If you already have the 5w-40, I'd use that, then get a 5w-30 when you run out.

Cheers

Tim

Hi mate,

What is the gulf competition oil like 5w40?

That if for my civic?
How does it compare again the Titan race pro?
Which one do you recommend?

I bought some 5w-30 carlube fully synthetic long life for my audi a8 which I never used, 5 litres of the stuff, is this any good for a 2006 EP3 Type R? or should i stick it in my oldmans Accord CTDTI?

Cheers

I bought some 5w-30 carlube fully synthetic long life for my audi a8 which I never used, 5 litres of the stuff, is this any good for a 2006 EP3 Type R? or should i stick it in my oldmans Accord CTDTI?

Cheers

You should be able to use it in either.

Cheers

Guy

Two ways of looking what's best for performance. You can use an oil that's thinner than normal and sacrifice some protection to get every last bhp out of the engine, so something like a 0w-20 or 0w-30. The most sensible option is to use something that will give the best protection all round, after all a couple of bhp gained using a thinner oil is a very small amount, and I'd go for a 5w-30 or 5w-40.

Cheers

Tim

Cool, although my oil (since September) just isn't going down as fast as usual, any reason do you think? It's still at max, and I'm only 5 months away for another service? It's just not budging..

Cool, although my oil (since September) just isn't going down as fast as usual, any reason do you think? It's still at max, and I'm only 5 months away for another service? It's just not budging..

Not using VTEC at the moment?

Bit odd, but I wouldn't worry too much. Could be because of the lower air temps, the oils not gettting so hot, so isn't burning off.

hi i purchased a ctr 2 weeks ago, how can i tellif its been run on fully synthetic or part?

also are you still selling oil as i would like a 5ltr tub please

will i get any problems switching from one to the other? or topping up with a different type of oil?

could you recomend a oil that would be good if i go on track about 20 times a year?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back