• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Partyvan's 270bhp N/A track slut

Nice coming on well there.
you can Shed 10kg in the heater matrix etc and replace with a light weight heater

Does that use engine coolant, or is it electric?

I've also heard there's 20kg in sound deadening behind the dash and on the bulkhead?

Does that use engine coolant, or is it electric?

I've also heard there's 20kg in sound deadening behind the dash and on the bulkhead?

The one i have ordered uses coolant. Demon tweets micro heater

That at doesn't surprise me I cut some of mine out it weighed a tonne. Sw removed the rest when they took the dash out

That straight bit of of road in last picture is clodhall lane if I remember rightly been down it in a van but not the ctr yet lol

Just had a read through and looks great!

But can i ask for some more info on battery relocation, like what did you use to connect wires and route etc?

That straight bit of of road in last picture is clodhall lane if I remember rightly been down it in a van but not the ctr yet lol

Not sure on the name mate but it goes from Curbar edge to Chesterfield. The crossroad is a road running up to Sheffield I believe!

Just had a read through and looks great!

But can i ask for some more info on battery relocation, like what did you use to connect wires and route etc?

Mount the battery securely, then you need 3 metres of cabling suited to at least 300 amps. This can run through the interior, through some of the box section on the floor pan (keeps it safe and part hidden). Through the passenger footwell bulkhead (directly behind glovebox). Then if you see I used an insulated pole to tie it into the starter and alternator looms. Could also use a "busbar". Needs to be about 200a. While you're at it, double up your battery to body earth, engine to body etc.

It's doable for under £100 including lightweight battery, alloy tray and all cabling.

Cheers guys :) Feeling the love for this one!

Well today I made a spontaneous decision to take it to the Saturday night special at Santa Pod. The track was open till 8pm so I managed to get 5 runs in in 4 hours.

Some shots from trackside
BA6E0576_zpsl2vro1ug.jpg

BA6E0578_zps7eizt17o.jpg

BA6E0579_zpsxz3vagyh.jpg

Here's an onboard video of my best run. Whilst the time isn't amazing (14.03 @ 104mph) some things really do stand out

1) I start the run in 2nd gear (because close ratio box)
2) I finish the run almost at the limiter in 5th (because close ratio box)
3) It sounds like a bike going through the gears :D

Enjoy
[video]https://youtu.be/lHGexr5TayA[/video]

That's either a typo, or you've got a seriously close ratio gearbox. 104mph 5th gear on the redline? Standard ratios hit 145mph in 5th!

That's either a typo, or you've got a seriously close ratio gearbox. 104mph 5th gear on the redline? Standard ratios hit 145mph in 5th!

That's correct, I have a short final drive. If you watch the video and bear in mind I start off in second gear you can see for yourself :)

I've also finished the wiring for the gauges
20160318_145929_zpsoyz9zvie.jpg

They all work, however I'm not convinced the pressure gauge sender are in the best location (oil cooler pipework) as the pressure gauge flickers when warm. Interestingly my oil sat at under 60 degrees on the motorway and barely touched 70 in traffic. I'm tempted to cover the oil cooler until we get warmer weather.

I also finished mounting my GoPro on the cage. I used a clamp off eBay, plus a little gubbin that lets you rotate 360 degrees via a series of notches
20160318_130822_zps9urw3udy.jpg

The view isn't ideal to be honest, as the visibility out of the front screen is minimal.
20160318_130710_zpsbwoql5ui.jpg

More soon

Lovely thread dude. Finally something worth reading about!

Our weights are quite similar as are our modifications(although I'm jealous of your cams). Was yours weight with the cage fitted? I was 1114kg with approx 1/2 tank.

Not been up to much lately, just a bit of tinkering

Pulled a couple of heatshields off from under the car. One less thing to rattle and shimmer!
20160318_165441_zpsqffj8ovc.jpg

And put together a "trackday emergency repairs" box. Various nuts, bolts, washers, fasteners. Plus zip ties, ptfe, gaffa tape, liquid gasket, chemical metal, relays, wire, fuses, hose joiners etc. This will come alongside a full toolkit and spares box.
20160317_161833_zpsag0hptqx.jpg

And finally just a finishing touch for the new sunstrip!
20160323_134929_zpswg5rlavn.jpg

A mate can u lead me to where u got that sun screen? Looks really good.
ill have got to have a snoop round ur car mate loads of things I'm interested in!

A mate can u lead me to where u got that sun screen? Looks really good.
ill have got to have a snoop round ur car mate loads of things I'm interested in!

Hi mate the sunstrip is just a plain white vinyl one off ebay. The sticker I just put on it you can also find on ebay, just search "she's a screamer" and it'll come up

And you're always welcome to have a look!

Picked up an eBay bargain! Set of lightweight Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 alloys. Already in white!
ebay%20win_zpstmhyafp6.jpg

8.2kg each as opposed to the OEM wheels which are ~12kg.

This nice saving in unsprung weight should have a very positive effect on the car.

Also met up with a couple of the local Honda guys, a very clean EP3 and a turbo'd DC5. Much fun was had!

I know it's not what it's designed for, but 14s QM out of a 270hp 1100kg car isn't great is it? :| Is it the box killing it at the top end?

Back