• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pete's 1995 Harvard Blue EG Civic

I'm not sure if an FK2 engine in an EG chassis would even be possible but would certainly tick the sh*ts and giggles box :D

K20 swap still seems to be the weapon of choice and would be easier to source (although finding a good one is the key)

damn you all for throwing engine combinations and ideas at me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If we're getting crazy with suggestions, then what about the L15B7 (the turbo lump from the 10th gen Si in the states)? 180hp/200lbft standard, there's a Hondata reflash available already taking it to 207/214. Smaller than the FK lumps (for obvious reasons), probably smaller than the K20 (turbo and intercooler notwithstanding). Could be fun.

Wants a grand for the gearbox which you would need, and no mention of ECU. That's before thinking about mounts which would a pain.

I saw a YouTube vid from the owner of Hasport, he's thinking of putting in the new 1.5 turbo engine (L15b7) in an old D-series chassis. He says it is a tall engine so would need to test fit, but it should go. If that's the case, you should be able to get mounts off the shelf for it pretty easily soon.

If we're getting crazy with suggestions, then what about the L15B7 (the turbo lump from the 10th gen Si in the states)? 180hp/200lbft standard, there's a Hondata reflash available already taking it to 207/214. Smaller than the FK lumps (for obvious reasons), probably smaller than the K20 (turbo and intercooler notwithstanding). Could be fun.

Loxy already suggested that

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

That is a stunning little car, i'd happily own and drive that. You could embarrass some serious money with that in the traffic light grand prix!

Good shout/spot Karl, lovely little build that.

A really clean Kswap is the route I would go down if an engine swap does happen, leaning far more towards the K rather than the also popular B series swaps.

Stevie at Grinspeed would definitely be the first call I'd make too.

The only thing stopping me is that the original engine has only covered 30k and is ridiculously clean, if it was really aged and spewing oil everywhere it would actually be an easier decision to do the swap.

Post engine swap the question would then be to keep it as a complete sleeper or modify the rest of the car and throw serious money at it.
Chris mentioned in an earlier post about having it as a sleeper which is appealing and would cost a lot less.

I'd go for a mix of both Pete. Sleeper looks with just some nice wheels and slightly lowered, but then the K Swap under the bonnet to scare a few people ;)

Dilemma over, buy a second one.

Haha, already got 3 cars on the drive - think the neighbours would ask if I was setting up a dealership if another one rocked up :D

Managed to get some really rubbish photos of a few of the bits that are hopefully going to get sorted tomorrow, might even have the car back on Tuesday evening which is quicker than I had expected.

Bumper.jpg

Wing.jpg

Rear Quarter.jpg

Sunroof.jpg

Also saw this little beauty parked up at the retail park yesterday, serious bit of kit..

Ferrari 1.jpg

Ferrari 2.jpg

Also saw this little beauty parked up at the retail park yesterday, serious bit of kit..

Please tell me they had a child with them (and not just someone who calls them "Daddy"), otherwise the unbroken stereotype remains (and this should be posted i to the "You park like a cnut" thread too).

lol unable to confirm the presence of said child.

have to admit I presumed they had parked there to give themselves some extra space but obviously could be wrong.

not the colour/wheel colour I would automatically choose but was a stunning car, interior looking lovely, loads of carbon fibre splashed about

Got the car back last night and really happy with how it's turned out.

absolutely covered in dust including in all the sills so back to the drawing board with another deep clean but will get some pictures up post wash and polish.

22 year old EG now has less dents in it than my 3 series haha

A few photos from the Midlands Breakfast Club meet held last Sunday.

Definitely worth a trip out if you are within a fair distance of the Shrewsbury/Oswestry border, held every 2-3 months, free entry and a couple of bits onsite for the kids so can be a real family morning out.

Great to see a load of different manufacturers and models all in one place and I got a lot of nice comments about the EG from some of the enthusiasts which made the recent work carried out worth while.

I think the crowd stealing car of the day had to go to the McLaren though, stunning motor and brake discs looked to be about 16" :D

Sunday 1.jpg

Sunday 2.jpg

Sunday 3.jpg

Sunday 4.jpg

Sunday 5.jpg

Sunday 6.jpg

Sunday 7.jpg

Sunday 8.jpg

Sunday 9.jpg

Sunday 10.jpg

Sunday 11.jpg

Sunday 12.jpg

Sunday 13.jpg

Sunday 14.jpg

Sunday 15.jpg

Sunday 16.jpg

Sunday 17.jpg

Sunday 18.jpg

Sunday 19.jpg

Sunday 20.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely variation of cars. Need to find out and start atrending some of these meets, I appreciate all the different motors.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Right lads and ladies I need some inspiration.

Thinking of having a full respray on the civic as haven't warmed to the Harvard Blue.

So far my shortlist is NHB, CW, CG and MR what do we think???

edit: this could just be the start of a big build FML lol

Back