• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

Semi slicks bought ready for when i get home. Was planning on toyo 888s but opted for cheaper federal 595rsr. Which i have used before and more than happy with. Baffled sump next..

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Semi slicks bought ready for when i get home. Was planning on toyo 888s but opted for cheaper federal 595rsr. Which i have used before and more than happy with. Baffled sump next..

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Nice Jon!! baffled sump will be a nice addition and looking forward to seeing some photos/videos of her out on track.

Just waiting for a dry day (hahaha) so that I can give the 335 a good clean and fit all the new badges/decals, have bought some iron x cleaner and new detailing bits that I want to try.

Made the short trip over to Wolverhampton on Tuesday morning to get the new radiator installed, unfortunately after waiting around for a couple of hours for the old rad to be removed it became clear the supplier had sent the wrong replacement rad doh!!

Mark at BM Euroservice managed to source a correct replacement but it wouldn't arrive until the next day so I was then the lucky (temporary) owner of a 318 estate, 190k and definitely looks like it may have carried a dead body or two if the interior was anything to go by.

BMW 318.jpg

Very happy to get the 335 back on the Thursday, nice shiny new aluminium rad and fresh coolant so that's another job ticked off the list, next jobs are going to be an alloy wheel refurb and to have the small dent on the bonnet pulled out.

Had a couple of hours break in the rain today so managed to get outside and give the interior a clean, still absolutely loving this motor...

BMW interior 1.jpg

BMW interior 2.jpg

It does look a very nice place to be Pete.

Still no urge to add an intake or exhaust yet?

The only intakes that I remember for these without being redicuous money is two open cone air filters that sit right in the midle of the engine bay.

Burger Motorsport did one for the M135i, pretty sure they do an N54 one too. They were tested and reasonable.

Even though I am planning on keeping this one standard i have to admit i did have a quick look at intakes and exhausts.

From memory there is a proper intake kit you can get but it's pretty expensive and then there is the open cone filters option that John has posted the link for and would be compatible with my car, have to admit i think they actually look quite good with how they sit in the engine bay and could give a nice induction note.

Now away with you both and your temptations haha

Managed to give the car a clean today, too cold to mess about for hours but it will do until the weather improves and it can get the full treatment.

335i badge back in its rightful place...

335i badge.jpg

Just managed to read through the majority of this thread ha!

Just wanted to say, really good read to see the ep3s journey & has got me even more eager to get my FK2. Later today I part ways with my 3 series f30 and I can honestly say the beemers are such a joy to sit in with the quality on show and will be missed.

Just managed to read through the majority of this thread ha!

Just wanted to say, really good read to see the ep3s journey & has got me even more eager to get my FK2. Later today I part ways with my 3 series f30 and I can honestly say the beemers are such a joy to sit in with the quality on show and will be missed.

Glad you liked the build thread mate, hopefully Jon is taking good care of her haha

Sounds as though you are awaiting an FK2, enjoy buddy they are very impressive!! make sure you pop a build thread up.

Quick photo after yesterdays wash, didn't turn out too bad considering it was a bit of a rush job, alloys actually look pretty good :D

BMW clean.jpg

With being in the North West for the week it would have been rude not to pop in and see Stevie and Lee at Grinspeed, we had been stopping in Morecambe - digressing a bit here to be fair, but we had a day trip to the lake district on the Monday and if anyone's thought about going but has never been do it!! what a stunning place.

Anyway.... yesterday morning I made the relatively short journey down the M6 to Leyland, I had wanted a big brake kit for quite some time but had always ended up spending money elsewhere, after speaking to Karl on the forum I was going to go for a set of Spoon Monoblock callipers originally but Stevie was struggling to source a set in time and suggested the Stoptech Touring Kit as a sensible alternative.

I arrived at the workshop just before 8.30 and after a brew and a good catch up with Stevie and Lee they cracked on removing the OEM braking system, as always the lads don't hang about and by 11.00 the Stoptech's were on and Stevie had been out to bed them in.

Really impressed with them already and Stevie said they will get even better as they bed in even more, the brake pedal feels so much better and it feels like I could stop the car on a penny, actually joked about someone running into the back of me on the way back to Morecambe with how quick the car pulls up.

I took a couple of quick photos but didn't go crazy as the car is absolutely filthy with being on the family holiday and awaiting a JAE detail...
View attachment 16209

View attachment 16210

View attachment 16211
g
Hi mate did the rota grids fit no problems with the stoptech brakes as in no spacers required? cheers!

Oil change day for the 335i which doesn't come in cheap when it takes 6.5ltrs of the stuff lol

General service schedule is 2 years or 16k which in my mind is ridiculous so garage have tweaked the CBS to show 07/17 11k as the next interval, either way it will get changed next February though for peace of mind

Hello everyone, I just thought I'd say hello, I'm the new new owner of Petes old ep3! I know Pete only sold it recently, I think the previous owner found something else and as soon as I saw it go up for sale I put down a deposit and finally picked the car up yesterday.

Firstly Pete, you built a wonderful car, it's incredible and more than I could imagine. I'm still trying to get used to the throttle response but my only solution is to drive it in anger and it seems to respond well! I've read all 100+ pages and shed a tear or two for you when I've looked through the invoices with the service book, and hopefully I can build on the car as well as you did.

A bit of history behind my ownership - I've had all sorts of cars, mainly French hot hatches, then I've had a focus RS, there's been other cars such as e46 m3s and most recently an m135i. The civic has always been an itch that needed scratching and whilst I loved the m135i I did miss playing around with cars and the refinement made the m135i feel very synthesised to drive. It was incredibly capable and ridiculously quick but it never excited me. I wanted a car I could own long term, go to town on by making it a dedicated track car and something that would make every drive something to look forward to.

As said, my intentions are to make this a track car, I know the previous owner Jonathan had similar intentions and has fitted bucket seats and a baffled sump. I've ordered some coilovers to get me through track days in the Summer and hopefully over the winter I will look at other modifications including throttle bodies and a proper suspension overhaul. I'm aware there are minimal gains for throttle bodies in comparison to the current setup but it's what I want to do and it's what I will do. Charger kits don't interest me, I appreciate why people do it but for me it spoils the purpose of the engine.

Ill try try to post an update on here every now and then without trying to interfere with Petes updates too much. First track day booked is at Spa in July so hopefully I can get some good pictures to share.

Hello everyone, I just thought I'd say hello, I'm the new new owner of Petes old ep3! I know Pete only sold it recently, I think the previous owner found something else and as soon as I saw it go up for sale I put down a deposit and finally picked the car up yesterday.

Firstly Pete, you built a wonderful car, it's incredible and more than I could imagine. I'm still trying to get used to the throttle response but my only solution is to drive it in anger and it seems to respond well! I've read all 100+ pages and shed a tear or two for you when I've looked through the invoices with the service book, and hopefully I can build on the car as well as you did.

A bit of history behind my ownership - I've had all sorts of cars, mainly French hot hatches, then I've had a focus RS, there's been other cars such as e46 m3s and most recently an m135i. The civic has always been an itch that needed scratching and whilst I loved the m135i I did miss playing around with cars and the refinement made the m135i feel very synthesised to drive. It was incredibly capable and ridiculously quick but it never excited me. I wanted a car I could own long term, go to town on by making it a dedicated track car and something that would make every drive something to look forward to.

As said, my intentions are to make this a track car, I know the previous owner Jonathan had similar intentions and has fitted bucket seats and a baffled sump. I've ordered some coilovers to get me through track days in the Summer and hopefully over the winter I will look at other modifications including throttle bodies and a proper suspension overhaul. I'm aware there are minimal gains for throttle bodies in comparison to the current setup but it's what I want to do and it's what I will do. Charger kits don't interest me, I appreciate why people do it but for me it spoils the purpose of the engine.

Ill try try to post an update on here every now and then without trying to interfere with Petes updates too much. First track day booked is at Spa in July so hopefully I can get some good pictures to share.

Congratulations on the new purchase fella, enjoy it!! nice car history you've got too.

Obviously being very biased but you couldn't of bought a better example, its been out of my ownership for about 6 months but it literally didn't go without anything during all the years I had her, really glad to see a new forum member is the new owner and look forward to seeing your updates as you go.

A bit of a shame the JDM Recaro's and Stoptech kit got removed but if the rest of the car has remained the same then you've got a superb fast road, track and show car.

The Skunk2 throttle body you've got on there can snap a bit at low revs (common issue nothing to worry about) but long term it may be worth sourcing an OEM throttle body and getting TDi (if local enough) to fit and readjust the map to suit, in reality you may lose 3-4 bhp but be a smoother ride around town, on full chat its absolutely fine as im sure you've found out haha.

Expecting to see plenty of future pictures and updates ;-)

Yeah shame about the recaros but I'm looking into something nice for the future. It still has the stoptechs though. :) will keep you updated!

Back