• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Quality issues

A claim has gone into Honda for warranty replacement of my corroded wheel nuts....Honda UK said it's road film....

Well mine hasn’t done any wet days.. had it since October and not even done 500 miles. What a load of rubbish. When I first reported it I’d only done 300 miles.

Thats poor, just had a closer look and the wheel nuts that have corroded are rough to the touch in the finish. that seems to be
where mine corroding on the end and circumference of the nut. So its not going to wipe off for sure.

I honestly think with obvious stuff like this Honda should just hold their hands up and admit the part is not to standard. Doesn't bode well
for something more serious though.

Rusty nuts here too. Just emailed the dealer and mentioned the steering wheel being off centre too. Let's see what they come back with..

Ha Ha I asked about this a couple of days ago and was told either book it in for the day to go to Kwik Fit..

I bought a new EP3 back in 2005 I think it was and any problems were dealt with promptly including a new steering rack and alloy corrosion. But hey that was then.

Rusty nuts here too. Just emailed the dealer and mentioned the steering wheel being off centre too. Let's see what they come back with..

Mine had a full alignment carried out today (Honda)

eb0bdff4ba8ed05e47fb974ed27b7bc0.jpg

How was it out of the factory? Remember EP3's being particuarly bad but dont recall hearing too much on subsequent models.

Will be keeping a close eye on what Honda says about the Rusty nuts. I have them with only 3000 miles & just over 6 months ownership.

Was thinking about getting the Black nuts from Cox.

Had a response today from the salesman saying he'll raise with aftersales tomorrow. This thread will be ready and waiting should the response not be a resounding "yes".

To be honest reading all these issues (not being sorted). its really putting me off the car as i would be ordering in next 2 months . its not the actual problems putting me off its Honda UK's very poor customer service . I cant and will not deal with that kind of incompetence/ineptitude .

To be honest reading all these issues (not being sorted). its really putting me off the car as i would be ordering in next 2 months . its not the actual problems putting me off its Honda UK's very poor customer service . I cant and will not deal with that kind of incompetence/ineptitude .

Agreed, I've infact cancelled my order, not just due to these reasons, but the 2nd time I drove one it didn't click with me again, gone and ordered a m140 instead

Agreed, I've infact cancelled my order, not just due to these reasons, but the 2nd time I drove one it didn't click with me again, gone and ordered a m140 instead

Good luck with that,but we all have different tastes,don't we.
I'm currently trading in my M140i,fantastic engine and auto gearbox but that's where the appeal ends for me.
The suspension isn't right,so really so needs £2k plus after market mods.
No lsd,dead steering,seats not great...I could go on.
As for customer service,every manufacturer will have disgruntled customers and warranty issues that go unsatisfied,that's the nature of things.
On BabyBMW some guy is in a major dispute over a noisy gearbox BMW can't fix.He wants to reject the car but they are fighting him all the way to Court.

Having said that,when I get my type R I may, as time goes on, get to love it more or hate it,who knows?

Good luck with that,but we all have different tastes,don't we.
I'm currently trading in my M140i,fantastic engine and auto gearbox but that's where the appeal ends for me.
The suspension isn't right,so really so needs £2k plus after market mods.
No lsd,dead steering,seats not great...I could go on.
As for customer service,every manufacturer will have disgruntled customers and warranty issues that go unsatisfied,that's the nature of things.
On BabyBMW some guy is in a major dispute over a noisy gearbox BMW can't fix.He wants to reject the car but they are fighting him all the way to Court.

Having said that,when I get my type R I may, as time goes on, get to love it more or hate it,who knows?

Yeah I'm aware of the areas that need attention as I owned a 135 some years back, I spec'd the LSD and it's booked in for motech for the usual upgrades once its delivered

Yeah I'm aware of the areas that need attention as I owned a 135 some years back, I spec'd the LSD and it's booked in for motech for the usual upgrades once its delivered

Just curious, what motech mods, just eibach springs & spacers ?

Bear in mind not every owner is on here and to be fair and with no offence to anyone on here we don't necessarily know all the facts, not withstanding this is a brand new car, first cars tend to have more problems. I have read some of the issues and they are petty at best, stuff like over heating on track, 2nd gear crunch and poor paint work are all major problems that I would be worried about when choosing my car and would expect the dealer to sort, would they put me off buying? No they wouldn't. The wheel nut issue is unacceptable and imho should come under the corrosion warranty, I have emailed my dealer but as I'm in Mexico said we can sort on my return, I'm sure they will replace them, he said it shouldn't be a problem.

If you think Honda are bad, I could name a lot worse, Lotus are diabolical, BMW a close second with the worst sales experience I've ever received, Mclaren poor and Ferrari laughable, shall I go on. Think the worst was Renault, bits fell off on the way home, wing mirror cover, metal cap covering the nuts that subsequently scratched the door (Clio 16v), drove it straight back and got my money back.

Last edited by a moderator:
All dealers/ manufacturers have issues, I've always had Japanese cars for the last 20 odd years. I have never had any issues with warranty with Honda or Toyota.I'm coming back to Honda after my last 2 years with audi never again will I buy one. Customer service is truly appalling I've been lied to, and basically been called a liar. After proving that I was lied to nothing changed. I could go one but I can't be bothered. I think buying from a good dealer helps. I also know someone who is an area manager at Honda and recommended a great dealer and has said if I have any issues just to lift the phone and it will be sorted.

Dropped mine off this morning for the wheel alignment, wheel nuts and paint blemish I found.

Service guy said he's not sure what they can do today as they don't have in-house wheel alignment. The main tyre place that serves all the car dealers in that area is 2 mins away, so....

I mentioned black wheel nuts will be fine if they don't want to see me again in 4 months.

Nice Earth Dreams F1 car in there, along with 2016 BTCC car and an NSX so I'll have a look around those when I return.

Dropped mine off this morning for the wheel alignment, wheel nuts and paint blemish I found.

Service guy said he's not sure what they can do today as they don't have in-house wheel alignment. The main tyre place that serves all the car dealers in that area is 2 mins away, so....

funny you say that as my Honda dealer said he can't do alignment on my car either, their machine which was only 2 years old and cost 1000s he said, yet could only align wheels up-to 19".

so any FK8 or NSX that comes in they have to drive to a local Kwik Fit (shudder at the thought of this!)

Back