• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

reputation leaving

i don't understand how this works, how some people have green bits next to their name.

i have left about 15 people reputation and it doesn't say anything when you click on the green card, also in the user control panel thing the rep fields are all blank im not sure how this works at all.

EDIT: is it reputation just per that individual post or is it the whole rep calculated from all the times someone has left something???

On other forums the more 'rep' you get the more green blobs you get. Dunno about this forum though, Al or Sharky would know for sure.

On other forums the more 'rep' you get the more green blobs you get. Dunno about this forum though, Al or Sharky would know for sure.
I think it's the same here... i''m not 100% on it atm so i think we'll just have to see what happens.... :oops:

If I'm honest I'm not too sure how it works atm either. Haven't spent the time to look into it :oops:
In all honesty it may not be active too much longer as I'm making some good progress on a feedback feature similar to the one on the previous board.

If I'm honest I'm not too sure how it works atm either. Haven't spent the time to look into it :oops:
In all honesty it may not be active too much longer as I'm making some good progress on a feedback feature similar to the one on the previous board.
IMO it's probably best if it goes, too open to abuse imo. :roll:

Some people have too much time on their hands

Just noticed this feature and seen my rep. -5 "Ultim8_Evil wants to be Harbourmaster"

ROFLMAO!!!11!1 :rolleyes:

Impressive

Users can award other users "rep" based on what they post. If they award positive rep, the receiving user receives more reputation points. The more points, the more green bars appear. The amount of reputation that has to be received before the next green bar appears is set the admins. We can make it go up quick, or go up slow.

Likewise, it has a negative funtionality, if you think somone is posting drivel, then you can award them negative rep. This time red bars appear, also set by admin.

The idea is that it makes it so users can see if they could trust what people are saying, for example on this forum it would be technical info etc, while on other boards it might be recommending the right vet. Think that explains it. Suffice to say I don't think it works all that well, and like Al says, it's probably going to done away with when we get our classifieds feedback up and running again.

I didn't realise the green card thing was anything to do with that tbh. I thought it was an indicator to show if someone was online :lol:

What's all this about lawnmowers :confused:

ROFL!

Someone has negative rep'ed me with the comment 'oh dear'. At least tell me what for!

I don't think I will sleep at night...

:lol:

edit: thank you anonymous Sir for the positive point!

Last edited by a moderator:
How can I see what comments people have left then? Me no understand all this :confused: :lol:

Back