• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

RevMonkey's Fn2 :) Updated, Carbon wrap

Thanks lads :)

I keep spending money lol it's terrible, I did add an all important mod earlier on too, my TRO sticker to the back window courtesy of Mook :)

Fitted my k and n socks and the tow hook, don't like the hook at all, coming off again I'll keep it for track days.

The k&n was well worth the money!! I wasn't really expecting much from it, more a placebo but no, throttle feels sharper all round and more induction noise too :) jackpot !

carbon wrap update :)

As I start my new job on monday had a small celebratory splurge on the silver bullet, fed up with finding stone chips in the bonnet every time i wash my car :(

So a quick trip up to see the nice lads at wrapstar edinurgh http://www.facebook.com/Wrapstaredinburgh?filter=3 who have just moved to a unit I used to work from on the cabs.

I'm very pleased with this! just have to get the wheels powdercoated either gunmetal or anthracite and then a GP Kit (need to save up or persuade the missus to buy me for my 40th lol) Also RossK is smoothing out an oem airbox for me, that should be on soon, looking forward to that too! (Major thanks to both Rowbo for picking the box up for me and RossK for his sterling efforts smoothing it out)

That should see me through until its warranty out and the gloves come off.......... aaaannnnyyywaaaaay heres the evidence

carbonisationstation037.jpg

carbonisationstation036.jpg

carbonisationstation032.jpg
carbonisationstation034.jpg

and socks and oilcap (thanks for the oilcap ross!)

carbonisationstation038.jpg
carbonisationstation039.jpg

This now is in serious need of the GP Pack!
I know mate, its high on the list of priorities, tbh it always has been but as I have a deep seated aversion to credit and credit cards I'll have to wait a wee bit and once the wages come back in save up, wont take long hopefully. The cars no finance on it either its 100% mine;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mate that wrap looks awesome
I am highly delighted with it, It really pops with the silver. I wasn't sure if I was going too far, I know its not to everyones taste, But i think it looks great in the metal (vinyl?lol) and NO MORE BONNET CHIPS :D

Wrap looks superb bud. Will look even better once the GP Splitters etc. are on and with some nice dark coloured rims, mean as foook ;)

Quite surprised how good the carbon looks on Alabaster. Made a good gamble Rev!!! All you need now is GP kit and it will look the bees knees. Ever considered the alloys off the Mugen 200? Might be a good shout.

Thanks :) best thing is when I get bored with it I can remove it, no more touching up pesky stonechips on the bonnet either :)

I love the lightnings on the m200, very very sexy by far the best looking oem alloys. A pal on civinfo has an m200, He finds the 19 inch lightings are a bit harder to live with as they seem to make the ride even harsher. He's currently choosing some new 18 Inch Rota's . If I could find something similarly styled in an 18 they would be well worth it.

Hmm JAE is a possibility, but im really aiming for next years JAE. The cars a work in progress and I'm not happy yet, its getting closer to where I'd like the car to be in term of show, once I've got the GP kit sorted and the wheels done I'd be a bit keener to put in an appearance. By next JAE cosmetically it'll be done hopefully. As for go it depends how much overtime I can bang in at the new job :).

Thanks Jord :) I think your S2k would look properly evil with a carbon wrap on the bonnet!
jordcarbon.jpg

Psh that's no excuse! My FN2 is in a right state at the moment due to my other half driving it, how one person can hit every kerb in Derby is beyond me. :D

Basically it's not all about the cars :)

Back