• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Scruffy's DC2

Minor updates today. This has been bugging me:

[video=youtube;fBlorOR2gtI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBlorOR2gtI[/video]

Not only does it do it when stationary, but it pretty much over every bump and groove in the road. Drives me farking nuts. So this happened:

IMG_2636.jpg

Well that's actually an after photo, but this is what greeted me when I pulled the seats out:

IMG_2630.jpg

IMG_2631.jpg

IMG_2628.jpg

^^ Yarg.

IMG_2635.jpg

After a good spruce:

IMG_2639.jpg

IMG_2640.jpg

Seats cleaned and back in:

IMG_2641.jpg

IMG_2644.jpg

IMG_2643.jpg

Noticed my ECU cover was a bit wobbly, on close inspection it turns out there are mucho clips and poppers missing. Well f*cked is a better explanation:

IMG_2632.jpg

IMG_2633.jpg

On the hunt for those second hand, as I know Honda are going to want stupid money for those!

Finally, the main reason I pulled the seats out:

[video=youtube;B7oKwjPG5Sc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7oKwjPG5Sc[/video]

Sanity restored! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you have a drive with no seats in? I always do. Such a child. Regarding the clips, you can get replicas on eBay a lot cheaper. I've not used them myself but I've read of someone on here using them. Loxy perhaps? I'm sure he'll be along shortly if it was him.

I have done in my mate's Mini, that said I could just about reach all the controls with ease from the back seat. :lol: Alas, I didn't on the DC2. Couldn't risk explaining to an insurance assessor why the car was pranged, the witness said I was sitting in the back seat at the time of the incident and more importantly why the carpets were so dirty. :D

Good shout, I'll have a mooch about and see if anything crops up. The lower push fitting for the ECU cover looks like anything will do, the top one looks similar to the one on the EP3. Wide head with serrated plastic prongs opening out into an arrow fitting as in the pic. I'll see what I can find though, bound to be a generic kit or something on eBay.

Nice little update Mike, spring cleaning for the cars, it has to be done. Gonna do mine this week, then get some new pics of.:cool:

Awesomes.

I might have some of those clips about somewhere from my DC2. I'll have a looksie and if I do you can have them.

I'm sure I have other DC2 bits left around somewhere too.

WILL LOOK.

Awesome job.

I love taking the seats out and giving them a good clean.

Sell me your seats.

Or find me a set like them.

HAVE to be black.

Do ATR ones fit your car Nick? They would look the dogs:cool:

No mate, too wide.

Proper JDM ones do though, at a squeeze.

You can just about open the center console with them in.

First I find the seats, then I get rails.

That's a shame, the ATR ones are awesome i think, especially in the dark cloth, they would look great squeezed into your car with the dark paintwork, gutted.:(

That's a shame, the ATR ones are awesome i think, especially in the dark cloth, they would look great squeezed into your car with the dark paintwork, gutted.:(

Yeah, I had those Recaro's in my EP3, I swapped them out for my Premier Recaro's.

Yeah i remember that man, they looked so good, way better than the Premiers even:cool:

S2000/DC2 seat swap? :D

Aerial base arrived today matey, many many thanks for that. Will get that fitted as soon as. So long annoying retro electric aerial!

Was hoping to get a few more jobs done, but the weather being the malignant c*nt it is I've just not had the chance. So here's the most recent changes...

First up, the aerial. Or, as I affectionately referred to it: "The retro wang". Before I got my mitts on it:

IMG_2646.jpg

Stripped out, and mid removal of plug for OEM-stylee wiring action:

IMG_2647.jpg

Replacement S2000 aerial as kindly provided by Mr Suits. :) (Cheers again bud!) Modded with original plug.

IMG_2650.jpg

Nestled up in it's new home:

IMG_2653.jpg

And a final pic of fitting:

IMG_2654.jpg

Whilst I'd like you to think this was as straight forward as the pictures suggest, it was a total cock of a job. Think dremmeling bodywork away so it sat flush, me at 8pm, car half in the garage for some cover using my bedside lamp whilst I ground away body work. Annoying, never again, thank God it turned out alright else I might have ghosted the car into a quarry.

OK, next just a wee minor mid fitting pic of these babies:

IMG_2655.jpg

Not as terrifying as the guides suggested, but not a job I'd do every day. Passenger side fits beautifully, driver's side needs a little adjustment. Well, I say "needs" but it isn't gonna happen. It doesn't whistle, it deflects wind, it looks OK, job done.

Next up, clean arches (I can hear N&N logging off CTRO and legging it over here to congratulate me as I type this), paint callipers and fit new wheels. Nothing special, stock 15s in CW with RE010s. Got them for a steal, so they'll do for a bit. I may refurb the current wheels and swap the rubber over, dunno yet. Or sell both sets and buy some TSW Venoms for the lulz. :D

Back