• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

T. R. P. S. G.

Griffin

Banned for being a tit
The TRPSG (Type-R Paranoia Support Group) thread is for those who suffer from TRP (type-r paranoia)

Radio off, ear pointing towards the gearstick, telling passangers to shhh because you can hear a noise, "there's something wrong with my pride", take it to garage, pay garage for them to tell you there's nothing wrong. PARANOIA!

Does anyone else suffer from this terrible illness. or am i the only one?

I'm a fully paid up member of this not so exclusive group.

Cured for the moment but theres always next week! ;)

I'm also in the sister group DRO (Dashboard Rattle Obsessed).

Why do we put ourselves through it!

Mine always makes noises. I installed a strut bar on it for example in November 2008 and it bangs against the air con pipe. I've been meaning to sort it out and I've done nothing. I just turn the music up! :lol:

Mysterious '£1 coin' rattle, rear JDM ARB knocking against the exhaust on hard right handers, dash rattle, tappets on cold days, heat shields (sorted) and brake squeak... someone pass me the quetiapine tablets.

I left the paranoia club a long way back. If it starts and goes then its all good. :D

i'm a member, always listen for a knock and as soon as i stop i'm checking it out :lol: never find anything

haha i thought it was just me, im glad others are doing the same thing!

Best one was in a tunnel the other night, gave it some in 3rd.. no vtec!! i was like WTF!! pulled over checked oil, oil ok. Started engine, drove for a bit, floored it and vtec kicked in, yo! I still have no idea what happened and still thinking bout taking it to a garage to be sure but its working fine now so i guess i could just leave it..

I'm forever hearing noises, knocks, creeks and the such, drives me mental! And then my family get wound up at me b*tching about it!

I also get angry when I can't put the power down off the line in the wet, which results in me thinking what I need to buy to combat the problem, I buy the bits, and still have the problem. So all I can think of is that it's due to the sound system :?

I'm fully up in this group. Heck the FN2 was so bad, I swapped for an EP3 - which was pretty perfect, until it got nicked - which has resulted in a dodgy driveshaft cover rattle (sorted, I think) and some crazy ass fuel gauge, which seems to return 29 miles for £10 - before it starts to flash; it then stops flashing after a mile or two, by which time I'm already waiting in the queue for the pump at shell :rolleyes:.. Oh and that's 29 miles of normal driving - No 'Luna-tecing' :lol:

Anyone got any ideas, regards the petty gauge.. fcking thieving fcks.

I have a clutch whirr from cold. standard.

Spoon N1 vibrating on chassis club, fully paid up member. Dash board creeks, rattles and squeaks, life long subscription. Part of the joy of a "Hot Hatch" i think, setup rigid, causes more things to rattle.:rolleyes:

I've got a windscreen/gruppe M scuttle creak which has got progressively worse since my windscreen was replaced last year. I've done plenty of driving with my head as close to the offending area as possible to try and identify which of the two it is (windscreen or scuttle panel). Only problem is that it only really happens under hard acceleration and adopting the position of a Polio sufferer at high speeds is a tad on the dangerous side.

I think I'm going to tear the whole fcuking lot out and stick it all down again. Windscreen and everything.

thank god for that i,m not alone, every noise i hear though i think ffs how much is it going to cost me, upto now though nothing to bad just annoying, sign me up lol

I'm fully up in this group. Heck the FN2 was so bad, I swapped for an EP3 - which was pretty perfect, until it got nicked - which has resulted in a dodgy driveshaft cover rattle (sorted, I think) and some crazy ass fuel gauge, which seems to return 29 miles for £10 - before it starts to flash; it then stops flashing after a mile or two, by which time I'm already waiting in the queue for the pump at shell :rolleyes:.. Oh and that's 29 miles of normal driving - No 'Luna-tecing' :lol:

Anyone got any ideas, regards the petty gauge.. fcking thieving fcks.

I have a clutch whirr from cold. standard.

had my driveshaft cover done & fuel gauge is common too done 49 miles to £20 light came on, next day the light went off lol & i have whirr from cold

I sold my EP3 because I was sure there was going to be a big bill bumbling along sometime soon.

I'm now 100% convinced that there was absolutely nothing wrong with it...

My FN2 is just as bad, rattles more, but the good thing is that it's still in warranty for 6 months so Honda look for rattles and knocks FOC... for now.

Ha ha this is going good, I have a light rumble sound when I decelerate in low gears, I think its a bit of greying on one of the bearing shells in the gear box and its been the same for the last 2 years. I need to fix this as its the main cause for my TRP. but I can't warrant that much cost for something that is mechanically sound. Also i have a rumble at about 70mph but 65mph is good, wheel balancing me thinks. so long motorway journeys become very annoying in the slow lane. when my CTR warms the dash gives out a really annoying squeeky rubby rattle noise from just above the heater blowers and if i push down on it it stops, let go and after about a minute it starts again but from almost no noise so its got a really gradual rise in volume. i've had the dash out twice and placed some foam strip under the joining faces but no joy. all these things restrict me from enjoying my car to the maximum and i know they're there but it does make me paranoid.

had my driveshaft cover done & fuel gauge is common too done 49 miles to £20 light came on, next day the light went off lol & i have whirr from cold

Sounds like our cars are similar - my driveshaft cover's been tightened and is a lot better - the car is out of warranty, so I will replace this myself when I get some spare ££££s.

What did you do about your fuel gauge matey? - I'm not they type to go mad on petrol - I normally stick in a £10 here and there, unless I need more - becuase I usually just use it all up quicker than I should be, becasue I know it's there.

My point being if I'm to continue sticking in a tenner here and there; I've got no hope, as my light will be on every 15 miles of a £10 fill up :eek: One day to work and back (15 miles) at this rate will see me needing a tenner every day to avoid running the risk of me thinking it's just a faulty gauge, and that I don't need to fill up, when actually I'm properly out of petrol and liekly to get stranded somewhere along the A40 LOL :lol:

Edit: Another issue - it's like they're never ending... I've been parking my car on the drive to secure it - but I stalled it this evening :p, on the way up it (drive).. I immediately restarted, and it didn't start like it normally should - it started, the airbag light took forever to disappear, and the feel through the brake pedal was of light vibrations.. :? the whole start up felt eery.

I immediately turned off, restarted, and was good to go again... weird.. please don't say it's another issue :p :?

Last edited by a moderator:
fuel gauge only happened this week ? normally i put £30 a week vpower & i get about 140 miles till light comes on, but this week vpower was sold out, so put £20 normal shell in, i have driven with light on for nearly 3days before around 50miles :lol:

fuel gauge only happened this week ? normally i put £30 a week vpower & i get about 140 miles till light comes on, but this week vpower was sold out, so put £20 normal shell in, i have driven with light on for nearly 3days before around 50miles :lol:

This used to be the same as me - I used to manage at least 45/50miles per tenner, urban driving - so about the same for £30 - approx 150-160 miles.

How many miles has your Prem done if you don't mind me asking I'm sitting on exactly 24,000 with change.. so about 24,015 miles.

This fuel gauge issue is a fckeries... I've stuck in so much, extra, becasue I wasn't sure whether I was running too rich and rinsing my petrol - or whether the gauge was faulty, and that I actually was just running similar economy - thing is though I couldn't be certain due to this dodgy gauge, plus who knows in my case - as the car was stolen recovered - even if they only managed 160 mles. My mate at Honda had a look underneath the car, as did I - and it didn't look like there was any knocks or anything.. fck knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back