• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

The Bikerat

I was cleaning the seats, and there's something weird on the drivers side that won't come off. It's on the front of the rearmost panel of the seat (roughly where your belt would be), looks matte compared to the rest. The leather cleaning wipes were coming off a bit black when I scrubbed hard. Any ideas? I don't want to ruin the seats.

WP_20161212_002.jpg

It actually looks similar to the hair wax I had to scrub off the headrest.

A55 wax? is that a thing? :lol:

What, they gave you a Transit van? :lol:

I was cleaning the seats, and there's something weird on the drivers side that won't come off. It's on the front of the rearmost panel of the seat (roughly where your belt would be), looks matte compared to the rest.

Are you talking about the lighter coloured section on the seat squab? That's the finishing coat wearing off to reveal the base hide.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you wear a leather belt?

No, but I hadn't thought of that.
I guess that could increase the wear in that area.

Ass wax eh? Didn't you lend this to your sister? :lol:

LOL. Not yet. But I'll be sure to tell her you've been thinking about waxing her ass.

What, they gave you a Transit van? :lol:

Are you talking about the lighter coloured section on the seat squab? That's the finishing coat wearing off to reveal the base hide.

Yep, a massive tranny. I got a lot of stuff moved for friends and family that week.

Yep, I think you must be right. I can't get it to budge, so it must be wear. The seats were clearly never cared for, there's a couple small holes on the bolster you can see in the pic that I need to stitch up too. Fantastic seats though, That TT must have been a lovely place to sit.

Bikerat A55wax sounds like the world's worst cleaning product

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yep, I think you must be right. I can't get it to budge, so it must be wear. The seats were clearly never cared for, there's a couple small holes on the bolster you can see in the pic that I need to stitch up too. Fantastic seats though, That TT must have been a lovely place to sit.

You can get kits to recolour and refinish relatively inexpensively. But that would imply a level of care and attention being lavished. :lol:

What does it look like now?!

It looks like ****.

Runs super rich. You can tell because the exhaust leaks so badly you can smell the unburnt fuel. Haven't hoovered it since I bought it. Still got the oil it came with. Bottoms out whenever somebody whispers the word "pothole" within 200 yards of it. Baffles in the ebay exhaust are completely gone. Central locking system needs the attention of an exorcist. Sills are scrapyard metal stick welded on.

MOT with no advisories.

:lol: I am loving your dedication Jimbo.

It's earned its keep! My sister used it for 9 months while she was a student, about 100 mile round trip every day plus lots of biking adventures. This summer it's been out most days as my two friends practiced for their driving tests. Now I'm about to give the civic back, so it will be my daily for a couple of months while I save for something better.

:lol:

Are you coming to JAE next year? I need a late night drinking partner.

Hopefully yes, but not in the micrap, I have something else....

What photo hosting sites are people using these days? I was on photobucket, but they're being ****s. I'll get some pics up and start a thread for the other one when I can get pics to work.

Back