• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

The Drift Brick Build Thread.

Love it.

£300 Volvo estate with 11 months MOT? My kind of car.

Go for rat look just for lulz, and if you want a pin up, this is off my mates Handley Page Victor bomber

158_9226595469_7418_n.jpg

Today's little bits.

Fitted a boost gauge to measure the increases through the boost controller. Used an air vent for placement and to feed the vacuum pipes through.

a7apu3uv.jpg

Also built up a frame for the Cobra seat I had. Plenty of welding done on that, total PITA to get it all in there but feels superb now.

gedagu4a.jpg
nemuba8y.jpg

I've got a four point harness to go in, but I need eye bolts to fit it, so that will be next weeks project.

I thought this was the longest Vulva ever. Then I saw a stretch limo version yesterday.

Dafuq.

I looked into getting one of these, also managed to find one for the same price (£300) but the tax was due next month; £175 more than the value of the car?! Get fecked. :lol:

I looked into getting one of these, also managed to find one for the same price (£300) but the tax was due next month; £175 more than the value of the car?! Get fecked. :lol:

Just do it Karl, I swear you won't regret it. I was out late last night with some of my mates street drifting and I swear it was so much fun. I've had way more than my money's worth out of the car so far.

Just do it Karl, I swear you won't regret it. I was out late last night with some of my mates street drifting and I swear it was so much fun. I've had way more than my money's worth out of the car so far.

Quoted for future "Oh fvck, the car is now embedded in a lamppost. No officer I have no idea how that could have happened" lulz..

Seemingly not, every one I've seen listed that also quotes road tax states that figure. I thought it must've been a mistake too... :freak:

For a 940 Turbo?

That's impossible, anything up to 2001 (3 years after production ended) is at the usual flat rate of £230pa. Is this being quoted in the adverts or by an automated lookup?

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless it's a glitch with Autotrader/ Pistonheads where you put the emissions in and it automatically selects the current tax figure without taking into account its age.

Probably a glitch or poor data keeping. Emissions didn't get noted on the V5 until much later - I'm guessing 2001 as that's when the banded VED applies from.

Today's little bits.

Fitted a boost gauge to measure the increases through the boost controller. Used an air vent for placement and to feed the vacuum pipes through.

a7apu3uv.jpg

What units is this measuring in? Inches of Mercury on one side, PSI on the other? Weird units as 1 In.Hg = 0.49 PSI

Just went past one of these and LOL'd. I forgot how much of a tank they are, bet it's hilarious to see one in the flesh.....hanging it's arse out round a bend.

What units is this measuring in? Inches of Mercury on one side, PSI on the other? Weird units as 1 In.Hg = 0.49 PSI

If I've got this right (big *if*), PSI is your boost pressure, in.Hg will be the vacuum pressure when you lift off.

Back