• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

The Drift Brick Build Thread.

That's the way to learn, gently gently. A cage would be great, these aren't the stiffest of chassis! I found even just some strut braces made a world of difference. I also used cut off springs from a defender, quite a lot stiffer than the originals and easy to find.

A proper trampdrift paint job will help too!

lol this is class!! paint it black so it looks like a hearse:D I am looking fowerd to the updates on this, hats off to you NYA.

Lol. I've got some paint today to do the main colour. Lyns is going to do the sharks teeth for me and possibly a massive Pinup Girl for the roof a la WW2 US Bomber.

Pretty sure that's a 940, not a 740. 740s went out of production circa '92.

Eagle eye!

e4a6eju8.jpg

Pretty sure that's a 940, not a 740. 740s went out of production circa '92.

Well spotted Drew. I was only going on what I was told, whatever it is, it's an absolute ball of laughs to throw sideways.

So, after searching,I couldn't find a decent Camo Green colour that didn't cost silly money to get, so I had a slight change of plan when I found this;
dazevuty.jpg

Fresh Blue from Montana Gold. I normally would have used Kobra paints, as they were always my favourite from my Graffiti days, they use heavy lacquers and have loads of pigments to them. But after using Montana for a few friends cars, I decided to give them a go. The whole body is going blue, with the bumpers front and rear going black from on top of them, right to the bottom. Also the wheels will go black once they've been banded. The sharks teeth will be put on by Lyns after the main paint is done.

In for updates. Strange amount of desire for a similar project, something that you honestly couldn't GAF about to mess with, drive like a tw@, and destroy. :lol:

This is EXACTLY what I would paint on this car! If you want a warbird pin up sketched out let me know, it's kind of my thing.

I'll just leave this here for inspiration.....

Darren, I expect Type R, AMG, VXR, Cosworth and M Badges on this baby, just to take the p*ss like. :lol:

In for updates. Strange amount of desire for a similar project, something that you honestly couldn't GAF about to mess with, drive like a tw@, and destroy. :lol:

Well I have one update

re4a7aga.jpg

Ran that hedge a bit too long only to find a hidden fence post lol. Nothing a bit of super glue or epoxy won't sort;)

Back