• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

The Drift Brick Build Thread.

^ spot on. It'll also show vacuum on throttle before the turbo spools.

PS... this car is WIN.

Just do it Karl, I swear you won't regret it. I was out late last night with some of my mates street drifting and I swear it was so much fun. I've had way more than my money's worth out of the car so far.

I'm just curious as to how 'street drifting' varies from 'track drifting'. Looked for definitions and couldn't find anything clear cut. Of course the term 'drifting' relates to the ability for all four wheels to loose traction at some point through the corner, so unless you're doing this, it's actually just oversteer.

Presumably if it's on the road, this form of driving on a public carriage way would come under the umbrella of street racing. Something which our Forum Founder clearly states is unacceptable in this forum in point two of this post.

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?22092-Forum-Rules

HTH.

I'm just curious as to how 'street drifting' varies from 'track drifting'. Looked for definitions and couldn't find anything clear cut. Of course the term 'drifting' relates to the ability for all four wheels to loose traction at some point through the corner, so unless you're doing this, it's actually just oversteer.

Presumably if it's on the road, this form of driving on a public carriage way would come under the umbrella of street racing. Something which our Forum Founder clearly states is unacceptable in this forum in point two of this post.

HTH.

Reno-911-06.jpg

HTH.

Fcuk off you d!ckless wonder. If you don't like what I'm posting, don't read it, simple as that. Keep your childish comments to yourself and stop trying to stir up sh!t just because you're bored. And as for bringing up the rules, if they'd followed you closely in previous posts, and the previous management had actually found some balls, you'd have been out of here a long time ago. Now go play on the motorway.

i to be honest would quite like to see one of these battle tanks sideways would be entertaining, fair play for being different :lsabre:

Fcuk off you d!ckless wonder. If you don't like what I'm posting, don't read it, simple as that. Keep your childish comments to yourself and stop trying to stir up sh!t just because you're bored. And as for bringing up the rules, if they'd followed you closely in previous posts, and the previous management had actually found some balls, you'd have been out of here a long time ago. Now go play on the motorway.

Resulting to petty school playground insults are we?

gaylord.

The only thing I don't agree with Darren is the cut springs.

I understand why you've done it but cut springs will always be dangerous IMO.

The only thing I don't agree with Darren is the cut springs.

I understand why you've done it but cut springs will always be dangerous IMO.

They're not dangerous Ed if they're done right. Hot Rodders in the states have been using cut springs for decades. As long as you use the original seating point as a guide, you can't go wrong. Trust me, I wouldn't do it if it was going to put me or anyone else at risk.

Needs cable ties. Obliterate part of the car now, break out the hammer, then piece it back together by drilling a billion holes and threading 193km of cable ties through them.

They're not dangerous Ed if they're done right. Hot Rodders in the states have been using cut springs for decades. As long as you use the original seating point as a guide, you can't go wrong. Trust me, I wouldn't do it if it was going to put me or anyone else at risk.

That's fair enough mate, I've just always known them as dangerous

Needs cable ties. Obliterate part of the car now, break out the hammer, then piece it back together by drilling a billion holes and threading 193km of cable ties through them.

I got a load from work the other day Scott, they are like 3/4 inch wide and 2 foot long. My mates were just astounded:lol: May have to zip tie the bumper on for the hell of it lol.

Ed, cut springs are only dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. I've never once heard of them being an issue on many a car, I've had friends who've done it for years on all sorts of cars from Vee Dubs to Mini pickups. If you don't go too stupid on them you'll be good, it's when you basically leave like one coil that it starts to be bad as they won't seat properly and end up coming out of the cup when the suspension is raised, say when you go over a bridge etc.

Yeah, I've got to agree, cut springs can be perfectly safe as long as they are done correctly. Proper lowering springs will always perform better, but in the case of Lolvos, who really gives a f**k?

What's the worst that can happen when drifting at 30mph? You'll be fine.

So I was having loads of trouble with one of the old intercooler pipes crushing under vacuum, which kept stalling the car. so yesterday consisted of building up some boost pipes for the Brick. Cue 7 inches of your finest stainless steel, being placed In-between the OEM boost pipe ends, chopped them back just long enough to use them as couplers. No more crushing problems and I can run higher boost. I'm now on 15psi and everything is running smooth as butter, also makes the back end easier to kick out. Tested it at my mates truck yard yesterday evening and everything seems to be running sweet as a nut, benefits of friends having haulage firms, big yards to skid in haha

Pics of DIY pipes

Try this too:

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=atretf9u-Mc[/video]

Wow thats alot of car for £300! Fair play for doing something different, hope this doesnt mean you are neglecting the Teg :)

Cheers Tom, the Teg got a good thrashing today mate, loved driving it for the first time in a week due to work training.

So today we managed to get something major done. Pics below including the DIY boost pipes for H

a7adasym.jpg

5u8u4y8e.jpg

And the biggies..............................

5egypanu.jpg

y2u7azeg.jpg

Comments welcome boys and Lolz appreciated :lol:

Back