• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Thinking of getting a FN2 type r

Copper grease is fine with rubber seals etc. Does not eat rubber or plastic at all...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

i like to use this stuff for caliper sliders. http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/c...enance-fluids-and-greases/grease/?526770250&0 As copper grease is an anti seize not a lubricant. Also copper grease has been known to swell rubber even though 90% of people use it without issue.
i would still use copper grease on bolts and back of pads to stop the sticking.

Cera-tec does the job well and recommended by a good mechanic mate of mine. Stripped my brakes after 4 months and the sliders are still well greased up and no dirt Ingres

Just my 99pence worth

( Read somewhere BMW have refused warranty on some peoples brakes issues due to copper grease being used ) Only read this on an old forum i was on ***

Last edited by a moderator:
Got one of many parts needed for the brake service, but the most expensive so should get easier after this:

DSC_0228.jpg

Has anyone got any clear pics of where I can safely jack it up from and what areas are safe for me to place the jack stands?

You should be able to find jacking points in the car manual. I've never owned an FN2 so I'm useless sorry.

ESM said:
Position the floor jack under the front jacking bracket (A) or rear jacking bracket (B), center the jacking bracket in the jack lift platform (C), and jack up the vehicle high enough to fit the safety stands under it.
SMG6E000000000K0041BAAD02.png

Rear is easy, front is quite hard to get to on a CTR. You will see the cut out on the undertray for it though.

You aren't supposed to jack each side up at a time as they can slip of the stand you've already put up, so it is recommended to use a central jacking point.

Hey fellas, in regards to a squeak that I have, which area needs to be cleaned and greased? It would be great if you could mark the area on the image:

bushremoval.jpg

They look like they have been, sorry, I should of mentioned that is not an image that I took, another user posted that pic and asked where he/she should grease but didn't get a reply so I thought I'd use the image and get a response here...

There is a bulletin floating about for the subframe bolts.

I'll have a look later tonight if I remember!

So jacking it up was a ball ache, had to jack the car up with the scissor jack, remove the tyre and then use the trolley jack on the centre jacking point. Took a while and used up quite a bit of space but my neighbors were nice enough about it. Took it for a quick spin, clicking gone for now, so result. On a side note, never working on the car whilst fasting ever again lol.

DSC_0357.jpg

When your undoing the bolt referred to as bolt B, it has a nut at the top, that you may or may not have to get hold of to loosen the bolt enough to split the two subframe contact points enough to degrease/regrease:

DSC_0359.jpg

Very tight fit, think its a 19mm if I remember correctly.

So ive had the ctr for under 3 months and im already contemplating my next car! Now I think my wife may kill me, but fortunately my daughter loves cars so its two against one.

However, I have no reason other than ive always wanted one...

Financial situation:
I was ready to sell my 645ci and get an m3 buy then my Mrs said she would like to send our daughter (3) to nursery as she finds it too difficult keeping her and my 1 year old son entertained whilst all the house chores etc. So we found a nursery that is the perfect fit, but it comes at a price. Just under 600 a month. As you can imagine, the car kitty is now non existent.

CTR:
Its actually a brilliant car. I love the gearbox, the slutty rev hugry engine, the noise when its in vtec, the bucket seats, the huge amount of space in the rear and the fact that it's the limited edition, championship white edition with factory lsd that always gets looks and positive comments.

It is so easy to drive fast and not once have I ever felt like I was losing control. My three gripes are one, which is rather ironic, theres no low end torque, two, no exhaust noise and three, its not an E46 m3.

I can improve point 1 and point 2, but I havent so far as I keep thinking that can go towards the m3.

The problem is, is that the reasons why I went for this (9k) rather than an m3 still stands today. Its relatively cheaper to run, exciting and so far, as well as being known for its superb reliability.

I change cars quite often and it drives my Mrs mad, but I dont know if an E46 m3 would cure that...

Back