• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TP takes Baby ROTREX to FI FWD win in Time Attack

No - she's now got custom catback from JP exhausts - the standard one was holding her back - that and a lack of fuel above 7000!

The numbers actually went a bit higher but we forgot to save them - the run was actually curtailed by excessive wheelspin.

Now does anyone know how to roll wheel arches?

Seano

Its actually quite nice these days - the new mugen bushes have really crisped up the front end. TP has done a top job on the mapping and the power delivery is progressive although the clutch is tricky to master.

It was a tad difficult in traffic in the middle of Warrington yesterday - I had to get the new 225 888's fitted and filled with nitrogen at Kwik Fit - I have to confess to lighting up the tyres a couple of times when I didn't mean to.

You still on for the N1 and a convoy Chris?

Seano

Think Mr Grinder will be out tomorrow. ;)

Sean call Sara. She got a nice race seat we need and some CPL "special" ;) windows that could help.

Nice figures, see you Wednesday and Paul remember what Seano promised - you are just taking it easy!! with 150% more power than us OEM boys we need plenty of notice to move over :lol:

There's no TA points to be scored on Wednesday and everything to loose as we have nothing in the bank if we break her.

We just want to play with the suspension settings to see what works now and let Paul get confidence - she really is very different now, rather than go for it.

I'm slightly wary of the extra power generating more heat and stretching the cooling with extended lappery. A while back I was acquiring some wisdom from one of the top UK K20 engine builders. He was quite convinced that heat build-up in the block was the primary causes of engine failure. "Things weaken and soften, start moving and then rods pop out of the block". Honda designed this brilliant engine, but I'm not going abuse their design criteria too much :D

Yes Baby has a block guard acting as a girdle, but we wont push it too far for no reward - ditto gearbox and drivetrain. If we wanted to do that, I'd sit at the side of the Pod and burn 50 quid notes.

Seano

Slight edit to Seano's post.:smt047

We just want to play .... go for it.:twisted:

I'm .... going abuse ..... ..it :D

Ye Baby

Seano

You see what I did there!:lol:

Seano = :eek:
tp = :twisted:

See you all tomorrow.;)

Well that was a little fraught - should have gone to arch rollers!

Difficult to get any kind of set-up without something rubbing at the back (both rims and tyres!). 225/45's on 8" are not easy!

I guess we milled a few grams off the car. Baby ROTREX did much neater job of rolling the front arches than we did the back.

Seano

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounded like a challenging day but also sounds like you learnt a lot. couldn't have asked for better weather for playing :)

They ate 7.5J wide actually.
Also noticed front drivers shock has got bumped and camber has gone massively negative so pulling to the left now. Must have been the cornering forces rubbing the wheel in the wings and pushing it inboard! Did hit a few rumble strips a bit hard in the chicanes which might not have helped things much either.

Was a great day all in all. Lots learnt and foun a setup that works in the end.
Cracking weather and a great bunch of people.

No Paul's old wheels are definately 8J - I've just gone and checked.

Oh great I get to drive to Kettering with a car pulling to left - nice!

Seano

It's a 5 min job to reset the camber on that side and we know what it is supposed to be. ;)
Get it done when gerbox oil seal is being done Friday.

Don't worry. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lordy - apparently some magazines want to do articles on Baby and our exploits and have summonsed us for a photo-shoot!

I'm having a back, crack and sack for no-man and there's a diminishing amount on top these days - so I'm inclined to let Jonesy and TP handle this one.

They have summonsed us to the 3 Sisters cart track at Wigan on Friday - doubt Baby will get out of 2nd!

Shame we won't have time to sort out the wheel arches - still thats not what the Spirit of Baby ROTREX is about.

Seano

get yourself on the article sean, tp and paul have had enough magazine coverage!

^^^^^ Agreed

It's your car Sean. It's the "Form" of the car that has captured the attention and imagination. It's probably one of the most infamous Type-R's out there and full credit to you for continuing with the project.

I like to think of it as the "Carlsberg getaway car":twisted:

Back