• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type R #10 - Premium deep violet pearl FD2 (facelift)

Considering how rare fd2 are, would you not be content turbocharging it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I've never been inclined to turbo a k20. Honda designed this specific car to be NA so I've kept with that thought process.

I'm quite impulsive. Last time I made this kind of decision was when I got blitzed by an evo in my recently modified Jdm ep3.

Are you selling the wheels? I feel like I need a silver set to add to my bronze ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry I'm preparing my myself for the horrendous task of people wanting the quality parts for peanuts.

What, how can you do it when you've got it looking like this :eek:

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Welcome to the FK2 club. I have had mine about 3 weeks now and I love it, so easy to drive and I dont miss my EP3 at all.

I'd love to say I'm surprised but after you didn't totally shoot Karl down about buying your FD2 then this was going to be next.

Speaking of which, would he not rather take your car with everything fitted?

Enjoy the FK2 when you get one.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'd love to say I'm surprised but after you didn't totally shoot Karl down about buying your FD2 then this was going to be next.

Speaking of which, would he not rather take your car with everything fitted?

Enjoy the FK2 when you get one.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Maybe he would if he did but for what I've spent on it , it makes more sense to split the car , I've had a bit of interest in the bonnet and other parts. Hoping everything goes to plan. I'm in no major rush as the forum cliche goes.

Good luck with the FK2 Stu.

Move with the times though and get a GT. You can, and I did, turn off all of the gizmos but the nav on such a heavily integrated headunit is a worthy investment. Plus you get a parcel shelf...

I feel I need to make a post as a lot of people have been asking me wtf am I doing moving from an fd to an fk, specifically one I've plowed ££££'s in to, well that is the point.. as i alluded to in my previous post; I've spent ££££ on the fd and it became apparent that in real world terms I'd be just as better off in a dc5 with bolt ons , however I've been there and done that (twice) the fd I've done twice , the only way I'm going to hit big power in it is by throwing even more money at it , someone recently did that by fitting a rotrex and it went bang. I could most certainly do without the headache of that.

I've also had a look at other cars on the market that could potentially tick my box, and I always come back to my Honda roots. I was never in a million years going to pay £33k for an fk- though now they are more than appealing to me at the price they are .. I too In the past even said I'd not part with an fd for one , however for what I've spent on the car and mods I could have bought a ~30k ish gtr/ m3 / evo x 400 or anything of equivalent value.

It would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing , I feel (for now) that my time with a k20 n/a engine is an enjoyable box ticked , and if the turbo vtec is not for me .. well it's not hard to come back to what I've known for the last 15 years , whilst I agree the k20 is a work of art , it is also old hat now , there's no denying it's Reliability .. but caught off guard and a large German diesel will have its pants down , I've dwelled on my decision a lot , which is why I had to go for a third drive in an fk , it covered ground very quickly, and was a pretty familiar place to be - I love my Honda's - so it seems to me like it's the right thing to do. Again , if it's not for me then it's a box ticked. It's not a daily driver so it won't lose its fun appeal, however it will have 4 years of servicing , warranty and shouldn't cause me too much grief.

To add , I've spoken with owners of fd's who switched and asked their honest opinions and they have no regrets, even the owner of a mugen RR and various other hondas has also said it is a fantastic car

I can't fault the fd. It's the best of the last n/a type r's and certainly the best of the ten R's i have owned over the years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes you forget they're nearly 10 years old now, and the world has moved on.

You won't be wanting the couple of bits I found in the garage then. :lol:

Back