• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TypeGRRR's CR-X siR - Update: 22/04/15 POWER

I'm hoping it's not going to be with them any longer than a few weeks, but I know it's pretty manic down there.

Luckily I lift share to work, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem, but other than that it's my only form of transport.

Chris only just seen this...

Looks very nice, sorry to hear you have G/box problems though dude..

When it all gets sorted & it will, a meet up is in order :cool:

Deano

Sorry to hear this Chris.

You joke, but I'm seriously considering this. If I could get a grommet or paint the drilled area, I would do it.

It will be the lights for sure, mine had the same. Was cheap to fix and no more water.

Sorry to hear this Chris.

It will be the lights for sure, mine had the same. Was cheap to fix and no more water.

I think you're right. So I'm guessing that water gets in from either side of the rear window and trickles down to the lights where it then finds the gap into the spare whgel recess.

Nightmare Chris, lets hope this cars only problem is this, otherwise it could turn from a dream to a nightmare.

I think you're right. So I'm guessing that water gets in from either side of the rear window and trickles down to the lights where it then finds the gap into the spare whgel recess.

Pretty much yeah. I had exactly the same, I was going to do it myself but then I realised I had to take the rear bumper off and since I was at the old lady's place I didn't have the right tools with me. I took it to a body shop and they did it for me, was about £30 from memory.

well at least you can play the 'how long will my car be at TGM' game. Think my record is 2 1/2 months. J7 pwns that though by a few years :lol:

unlucky though

:lol: I hate that game.

Hope you get back on the road soon:)

Nightmare Chris, lets hope this cars only problem is this, otherwise it could turn from a dream to a nightmare.

Tom did say it looked good other than the obvious problem of the gearbox. It looks like the method used to lower it, is cut springs :eek: but then I knew the suspension wasn't right from the off. The money I intended to spend on coilovers is now going to be spent on the gearbox unfortunately. :(

well at least you can play the 'how long will my car be at TGM' game. Think my record is 2 1/2 months. J7 pwns that though by a few years :lol:

unlucky though

Umm, not entirely enjoying the game so far. Tom said he'd look at it Tuesday, I phoned Thursday and there wasn't an answer, so emailed him and asked for a status update. Rang today and left a message, but he was on his lunch break, and apparently still is... :rolleyes:

What are you riding around in now Chris?
getty_rm_photo_of_woman_powerwalking.jpg
:(

Just seen this unfortunate update, sorry to hear about this Chris, what a cnut!!! :(
The only good thing about the car being @ TGM is usually something from Tom's Aladdin's Cave turns up cheap for your car.

Umm, not entirely enjoying the game so far. Tom said he'd look at it Tuesday, I phoned Thursday and there wasn't an answer, so emailed him and asked for a status update. Rang today and left a message, but he was on his lunch break, and apparently still is... :rolleyes:

yep, sounds familiar :lol: I was getting my updates from dotty in the end when he was popping down there.

Me - "Has my car moved?!?'

Dotty - "No"

:(

Naff news Chris. But as already said, it's expected with an older car really. At least it is in good hands.

UPDATE.

I've finally got my car back, I picked it up from TGM Friday evening, much to the relief of Tom. I've been driving him nuts since it's been there... :lol:

I went to the Norwich meet the following day, and it was the first bit of fun I've had with the car. Much to my relief it behaved itself and seemed to keep up with the rest of the pack rather well. :cool:

I took a couple of pics on the way home this evening, most turned out pretty carp, but thought this was pretty cool...

crx_night.jpg

so what had to be fixed in the end out of interest chris? was it a gearbox rebuild, or did you get one from a breaker, and new clutch etc?

Back