• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

Registered Nov 01

R:000620

39000 gentle miles! :twisted:

LOL - that was over four years ago...!!

It's now done a "whopping"...wait for it...50149 miles! :)

(It needs a new home tbh, (someone who'll actually have the time to drive it!!) - but I can't bring myself to sell it...!)

And I see my sig still holds water too!! lol

029751 was on '04 and had 56k on when I sold her in Jan '10.

Had 42k when purchased in Sept '08.

04 plate From New

110,000miles

And Still Going Strong Average 35 MPG

Only Big job was new clutch last week

I now service the car myself

I'll Drive it till it goes bang,best car i've ever had.

I'm at 193,000 odd now.

Engine is strong. Gearbox seems well. Still the original clutch and I'm not sure how much longer that can hang on for.

Only problem I have is the car windows mist up. So need to get the window seals looked at.

I still think the car is great and I also still get a buzz when I drive it quick.

Honda must have built mine especially well as it's been ultra reliable. Just one new battery as it was left in the garage for a whole week during December when I buggered off to a warmer climate on holiday.

Additional:
I had the car MOT'd about 6 weeks ago and it failed becuase the front right caliper was binding, which it was. To pass the MOT the technician eased the caliper free and slapped a load of copper grease around the pistons to try to prevent it from sticking in the near future. So the car passed after that. Now the caliper is beginning to bind again. I'm going to have to buy a new caliper I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Smeg.

Good to know you are still about. :D

I had the same problem of the front right caliper bind. It destroyed the pad. :eek:

But, instead of buying a new caliper, my Dad stripped it down and cleaned all the piston area. Gave it some copper slip and it is working fine again. Do you know anyone who can do this for you?

Interesting to know that the clutch is still the original part. Very good. I'm still on the original discs and clutch at 87,000 miles. My next plan is to get it undersealed again but looking for decent places that are local in order to get it done.

Owned Since: Dec' 09
Bought Mileage: 22,100
Current Mileage: 23,700

LOL - In almost 4 months since the quoted post - I've done a whopping 1,200 miles :oops:

Now sitting on 24,900. :cool: Which makes it less than 3,000 miles in nearly 7-months of owning her, for me; LOL. I need to drive more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back