• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What to use to polish/wax

You can get it here mate - Clean Your Car
Although it maybe cheaper elsewhere.

Tip wise I'd just say warm the wax slightly before using, let it cure properly & if you want to layer it up leave it 24 hours between applications.

HTHs

Nice one mate. A tasty looking product, even comes in purple haze:smt101 .

A tip to all. If you like dodo make sure you don't get the wooden 95 tub! works out to just under 40p p/ml whereas the 65 tub is just over 30p p/ml. Not the greatest saving I know but if you buy 2 65 tubs u get a few extra layers of polish.

Nice one mate. A tasty looking product, even comes in purple haze:smt101 .

A tip to all. If you like dodo make sure you don't get the wooden 95 tub! works out to just under 40p p/ml whereas the 65 tub is just over 30p p/ml. Not the greatest saving I know but if you buy 2 65 tubs u get a few extra layers of polish.

I can get Dodo Supernatural V2 in the plastic tub for £55 delivered if anyone is interesting.

I can also get panel pots cheaper.

Also lime prime, and btbm :D

cheers for the replies, Autoglym do their wax the aqua one so may pick that one up and ditch the turtlewax extreme c*2P I have been using.

cheers for the replies, Autoglym do their wax the aqua one so may pick that one up and ditch the turtlewax extreme c*2P I have been using.

Hi mate.

Aqua wax is great, and easy to use. However it won't last you long.

I'd go for a proper wax, collinite, dodo juice, or a sealant :)

But tbh, you can EGP, then leave a week, and wash > aqua wax.

hope you dont mind, i will just add to this thread. Ive got some time off work and want to give the car a going over. Shampoo wise ive got Megs NXT. Will this be ok to wash the car with before polish/wax? All ive got at the moment is Autoglym Super resin polish,hi-tech polish applicator and polishing cloths. If ive read correctly I need to get Extra gloss protection and thats it (or is the something else to get in its place)?? Is it worth getting the Megs stage 1 aswell and use that after the wash? I will be giving the car a clay barring aswell seen as ive got some here. Also is it worth applying the SRP and EGP with a power polisher? I was going to get a cheapy from Halfords if its going to be worth it.

hope you dont mind, i will just add to this thread. Ive got some time off work and want to give the car a going over. Shampoo wise ive got Megs NXT. Will this be ok to wash the car with before polish/wax? All ive got at the moment is Autoglym Super resin polish,hi-tech polish applicator and polishing cloths. If ive read correctly I need to get Extra gloss protection and thats it (or is the something else to get in its place)?? Is it worth getting the Megs stage 1 aswell and use that after the wash? I will be giving the car a clay barring aswell seen as ive got some here. Also is it worth applying the SRP and EGP with a power polisher? I was going to get a cheapy from Halfords if its going to be worth it.

Hi mate:-

Wash with your shampoo.
Clay bar the car
Re wash the car.

I'd leave the stage 1 out, as the clay should prep the car.

SRP = Stick to small areas, working in the polish, circular, and linear motions.

EGP = Apply a light coat all over, leave 30 mins.

Buff off.

You can wax on top, it's up to you. But it's not worth waxing if you're going to use that Step 3.

Cheers.

right have been and now have the following;

Sheep skin wash mitt
Autoglym shampoo 1ltr
Autoglym super resin polish 500ml
Autoglym extra gloss protection 500ml
two foam applicators
One microfibre applicator
two sponges
one tyre dressing sponge

I have decided to stick with my old faithful turtlewax extreme as to be honest I think its good stuff and the beads of water all over the car this morning di not leave any marks once gone. Alright it my not be the best but as a final layer to the above, plus it does last a month or so.

I have various chamios and towels in the house plus having a 7 month old means i have the ultra soft baby towels (just have to figure a way of getting one without the wife noticing).

Now role on sunday:D

Hi mate:-

Wash with your shampoo.
Clay bar the car
Re wash the car.

I'd leave the stage 1 out, as the clay should prep the car.

SRP = Stick to small areas, working in the polish, circular, and linear motions.

EGP = Apply a light coat all over, leave 30 mins.

Buff off.

You can wax on top, it's up to you. But it's not worth waxing if you're going to use that Step 3.

Cheers.

Cheers, is the Autoglym hi-def wax ok to use? or is there something else around that budget?

AG high def is meant to be damn decent.

Dodo, Vics concours, or Zymol carbon are around that budget.

If the prep is right, you'll only need Collinite 476s :)

Well went out today and did the following:

1) Rinse off each panel.

2) 20 ml of autoglym shampoo in the 10 ltrs with lambwool mitt once over.

3) Second wash again using the above but this time autoglym applied to mitt as it foamed a lot more.

4) Rinse off each panel.

5) Once dried applied the SRP and buffed off

6) Appied and buffed the EGP.

7) Vacuum and polish interior.

IMG_1604.JPG

IMG_1607.JPG

Overall took me two hours + however car is gleaming.
I have some pics however there seems to be a fault when i try to upload, so have only these two now. Almost mirror like.

PS Spot the mistake of the dot on the bumper, thankyou MS Paint!

How long should this stuff last? Next week should I do the same again; or just wash and wax? I have no idea, am thinking that when I was the car it will all come off and need re applying.

any one know how the dodo juice wax rates comparied to lets say bilt hamber auto balm (which i use) as i keep hearing good things about dodo ;)

How long should this stuff last? Next week should I do the same again; or just wash and wax? I have no idea, am thinking that when I was the car it will all come off and need re applying.

It should last you a couple of months. Just wash it weekly. - properly.

When the beading becomes a bit poor, top up the EGP.

I'd buy a nice durable wax though tbh. :)

any one know how the dodo juice wax rates comparied to lets say bilt hamber auto balm (which i use) as i keep hearing good things about dodo ;)

Very different products. The Autobalm is filler heavy so fills the swirls, and protects very well. Where as the Dodo will just protect, not clean, and last (maybe) a bit longer than the AB.

It depends on the paint to determine your LSP :)

Ah right thanks for clearing that up for me:cool:. im thinking of this combo next on my dark audi paint:

Poor boys Black hole
Jetseal 109
[FONT=&quot]Dodo Juice - Purple Haze[/FONT]

That should last a few months in protection i hope

Right cheers, when I get paid I will buy some better wax (although the turtlewax extreme does last a month plus itself).

Think I will wash it over this weekend, add another EGP coat then wax over. I can just top up wax weekly then.

R222 stuff any good

R222 is very easy to use and leaves a lovely finish. The only problem is that it doen't last long at all, and isn't too durable.

However, weekly top ups, it'll work well. Use thin coats :)

sorry to hijack, but im an AG freak, just bought the EGF. i use the shampoo, the SRP, and have the aqua wax.
what order do i use these? or do i wash it, aqua wax, polish then seal?

Back